Post-Game Talk: With 58% odds to pick 7th or 8th, Vancouver will select... 7th in the 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
EXACTLY - precisely the reason why the anti Benning crowd has ZERO credibility. They have NO ability to have an objective opinion and are soo blinded by their anger that rational thinking is thrown out the window and any sentiments that aren't Benning sucks are loudly shamed.

Like how can anyone expect to be taken at all seriously if you can't have an objective conversation?

Why are you still here?

Didn't you embarrass yourself enough as it is? Someone with zero credibility doesn't have much room to talk about.

Apparently being realistic is now not being objective. Good to know.

Go away and join CDC.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
EXACTLY - precisely the reason why the anti Benning crowd has ZERO credibility. They have NO ability to have an objective opinion and are soo blinded by their anger that rational thinking is thrown out the window and any sentiments that aren't Benning sucks are loudly shamed.

Like how can anyone expect to be taken at all seriously if you can't have an objective conversation?
I partially agree
Although I don’t like JB and will be a happy man when he’s fired
But looking at thing objectively is crucial
No man is 100% pure nor 100% evil

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Have even read my origoval post?
What the hell are you even talking about
I was simply referring to people will keep whining about how JB is gonna make a bad pick and it’s 100% a fact

Can you atleast make an attempt for a reasonable discussion?
All you're doing is flailing around and whining at something that is hardly been said.
Take a breather outside.

Find a post where I said he’s elite at drafting
Are you new here?

You are indirectly implying he is. Are you new here?

I partially agree
Although I don’t like JB and will be a happy man when he’s fired
But looking at thing objectively is crucial
No man is 100% pure nor 100% evil

Except he's been given credit when it's due. You know like that Burrows trade?

Thanks for coming out.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Tavares can do both.

1) Make a BOATLOAD of money in Vancouver. 56 million in 4 years. 4 year contract with Vancouver + 6 year deal with contender = more money than 7 year deal with contender at the start + wimpy 2-3 year deal (34 year old Tavares likely won’t get offered a huge contract).

2) 31 year old Tavares can then go after a Stanley Cup when his contract with Vancouver expires (whether that’s with Vancouver if Vancouver is a contender at the time, or another team). 31 year old Tavares will still be young enough and good enough to land a big long term contract with a contender.

End result? More overall money in his bank account + a legit opportunity to go after a cup or two in his prime.

Why on earth would he waste 4 years not competing for a cup when he could be making money AND competing for a cup?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Ironic post is ironic.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Apparently us Anti-Benning users have zero ability for "objectivity" when it comes to Benning, despite the fact we have given him plenty of praises and actual credit for his moves on Burrows-Dahlen, Bieksa to Anaheim, and signing Stecher for starters.

Talk about whining at something so petty.

Reactions: racerjoe

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Reality?
The reality is Benning butched his first draft, had a very solid one in 2015, made a big mistake in 2016, and got us a blue chip last year follow up by some solid power cod in late rounds.
So it’s a 50/50 so far

It’s not the “ Benning will definitely make bad picks” narrative that some people here are trying to push

Reality is the team made changes in how their draft table was run starting in 2017 as per Trevor Linden. That’s why I say reality doesn’t have to be “fair”, it simply has to be contextual.

That said, I do agree that pre emptively anticipating a poor pick is a bit silly.

Reactions: Billy Kvcmu

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Apparently us Anti-Benning users have zero ability for "objectivity" when it comes to Benning, despite the fact we have given him plenty of praises and actual credit for his moves on Burrows-Dahlen, Bieksa to Anaheim, and signing Stecher for starters.

Talk about whining at something so petty.

YOURE ALL A BUNCH OF SNIVELLING WHINERS AND HATERS WHO CANT HAVE A SIMPLE OBJECTIVE DISCUSSION ABOUT ANYTHING.

Like I can.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Why on earth would he waste 4 years not competing for a cup when he could be making money AND competing for a cup?

Because - 56 million over 4 years is SERIOUS money. There’s no way Tavares gets anywhere near close to that anywhere else. At best, he gets 10.5 over 7 (73.5 in total). That’s a 17.5 million dollar difference. 31 year old Tavares on a 6 year deal *easily* gets more than 17.5 million more in total than a 34 year Tavares on a 2-3 year deal.

31 year old Tavares would easily land a lucrative 6 year deal where the AAV would still be quite high. Maybe not 10.5 million, but still a huge amount.

34 year old Tavares would be offered a wimpy deal (when Tavares’ first contract with said contender would expire). 2-3 year deal at a much lower AAV.

All in all, Tavares makes far more overall money by coming to Vancouver first, AND he go after his cup as a 31 year old UFA.

Again - this likely won’t happen, but I think the Canucks have a legit selling point to standout in the Tavares sweepstakes. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

Last edited:

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
YOURE ALL A BUNCH OF SNIVELLING WHINERS AND HATERS WHO CANT HAVE A SIMPLE OBJECTIVE DISCUSSION ABOUT ANYTHING.

Like I can.

Or "BENNING IS NOT EVIL, HE"S NOT A DEMON!"

On par for the course really. Surprised I haven't seen this yet: "MISERABLE PEOPLE WHO HATE ON A GOOD KIND HEARTED PERSON. "

I noticed your subtile edit there m8. "Like me"

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Why are you still here?

Didn't you embarrass yourself enough as it is? Someone with zero credibility doesn't have much room to talk about.

Apparently being realistic is now not being objective. Good to know.

Go away and join CDC.

Yes how crass of me to have the gall to call out the whinging negative nellies and their closed minds that thrive in these parts. How terribly inconvenient that I don't fit in with the "DOWN WITH MANAGEMENT" narrative that everyone seems hell bent on. Or that I am more of an optimist and don't spend my days revelling in anger and misery..........(Sadly I don't think we will be friends). Not that being angry all the time doesn't sound like an immense amount of fun but I think I will stick with having an objective mind for now (Who knows though - Maybe if I spend enough time in these parts I will develop similar sentiments - I guess there's hope for me?)

#stillhere #thanksforcaring

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

Like I can.

With all due respect, you tried to imply to me a few months back that Calgary’s “success” in the NHL post 1989 was pretty similar and comparable to Vancouver’s success post 1989. :o

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Yes how crass of me to have the gall to call out the whinging negative nellies and their closed minds that thrive in these parts. How terribly inconvenient that I don't fit in with the "DOWN WITH MANAGEMENT" narrative that everyone seems hell bent on. Or that I am more of an optimist and don't spend my days revelling in anger and misery..........(Sadly I don't think we will be friends). Not that being angry all the time doesn't sound like an immense amount of fun but I think I will stick with having an objective mind for now (Who knows though - Maybe if I spend enough time in these parts I will develop similar sentiments - I guess there's hope for me?)

#stillhere #thanksforcaring

tenor.gif

Oh how I wish the mods would not delete the posts that lead to you being roasted by several users.

Ironic post is ironic.

^I'm just going to leave this here

Last edited:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Because - 56 million over 4 years is SERIOUS money. There’s no way Tavares gets anywhere near close to that anywhere else. At best, he gets 10.5 over 7 (73.5 in total).

31 year old Tavares would easily land a lucrative 6 year deal where the AAV would still be quite high. Maybe not 10.5 million, but still a huge amount.

34 year old Tavares would be offered a wimpy deal (when Tavares’ first contract with said contender would expire). 2-3 year deal at a much lower AAV.

All in all, Tavares makes far more overall money by coming to Vancouver first, AND he go after his cup as a 31 year old UFA.

Again - this likely won’t happen, but I think the Canucks have a legit selling point to standout in the Tavares sweepstakes. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

Well there’s a reason that it won’t happen and it isn’t because Vancouver wouldn’t be willing.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

At that time, you also went on to praise Calgary for finally commiting to a “true” rebuild a few years ago. You claimed that the Flames were pretty much on their way now and had a bright future ahead of them.

Fast forward a few months later, and the Flames “burned out” (pun intended) and missed the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years. Their last playoff win game against us in 2015.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
At that time, you also went on to praise Calgary for finally commiting to a “true” rebuild a few years ago. You claimed that the Flames were pretty much on their way now and had a bright future ahead of them.

Fast forward a few months later, and the Flames “burned out” (pun intended) and missed the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years. Their last playoff win game against us in 2015.

And?

(In case you can’t tell, I’m waiting for your point.)

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Well there’s a reason that it won’t happen and it isn’t because Vancouver wouldn’t be willing.

Benning recently went on record stating that he’d be willing to offer a gross overpayment to 1-2 UFA’s, provided that the deal was shorter term in nature.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You’re wrong.

Calgary has won a grand total of 4 playoff series since 1989......3 of which came in 2004. No Presidents Trophies, no conference championships, fewer divisional championships, and less individual accolades than Vancouver.

Ok?

And you decided this would be s good time to rehash this old discussion why ?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Benning recently went on record stating that he’d be willing to offer a gross overpayment to 1-2 UFA’s, provided that the deal was shorter term in nature.

Right, so what’s the reason you think it likely won’t happen then?

As you say, Benning is willing. What’s gonna be the hold up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad