Witcher III : PT III : Blood and Winos

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Not a huge fan of the menu redesigns. Some good aspects to it but it seems way too dumbed down and consolized.

And it's also broken my XP which is stuck at 2000/2000 on level 26.
As someone who plays on console, I love the menu redesign. It is way more user friendly, especially separating the bombs/potions/oils. What is it that you don't like? I honestly can't think of how it was better before in any regard.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I don't like how laggy my alchemy reagents/crafting tab in the inventory is now. Takes a couple seconds to load (not that I ever really go to that tab anyway)
For me that tab was always laggy, especially when I go to actually craft an alchemy item, but yeah that is annoying.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I just got this game, played it for a few hours.
Seems veeeeeeeeeery cool.

I've only had it for a few days but it's honestly one of the most engaging and personally rewarding gaming experiences I've ever had.

It feels like I'm playing a gaming masterpiece.

Like sure it's got flaws and bugs here and there (also after I installed the 1.2 update I've had almost zero framerate drops) but so many more things work and work really well than there are things that don't.

I tend not to watch cutscenes because that's just the kind of gamer I am but the only cutscenes I skip in the Witcher 3 are ones I've already seen.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
For me that tab was always laggy, especially when I go to actually craft an alchemy item, but yeah that is annoying.

tbh I only got the game a couple weeks ago so maybe I hadn't hoarded enough crafting items before the patch hit to change the UI, and I just assumed it was responsible for the lag.

I've only had it for a few days but it's honestly one of the most engaging and personally rewarding gaming experiences I've ever had.

It feels like I'm playing a gaming masterpiece.

Like sure it's got flaws and bugs here and there (also after I installed the 1.2 update I've had almost zero framerate drops) but so many more things work and work really well than there are things that don't.

I tend not to watch cutscenes because that's just the kind of gamer I am but the only cutscenes I skip in the Witcher 3 are ones I've already seen.

Yea it's a pretty remarkable game. Only thing I don't like is some "points of interest" are boring and just feel like I'm filling a map in a Ubisoft open world game.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
As someone who plays on console, I love the menu redesign. It is way more user friendly, especially separating the bombs/potions/oils. What is it that you don't like? I honestly can't think of how it was better before in any regard.

I may have spoken too soon. I had some conflicts with my Friendly HUD, Item Sort Order and Better Icons mods where items were showing up in the wrong tabs or completely missing altogether. I do like that they separated weapons and armor as well as oil from potions from bombs. Very useful and much friendlier in that regard. The lack of uniform columns with the shared tabs is a minor annoyance. My alchemy/crafting tab, as noted, is also pretty laggy.

Overall, it's a good aesthetic improvement. Need to figure out why the level requirements from my quests section is missing though now... this update doesn't play nice with a whole bunch of updated mods.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
tbh I only got the game a couple weeks ago so maybe I hadn't hoarded enough crafting items before the patch hit to change the UI, and I just assumed it was responsible for the lag.

Yea it's a pretty remarkable game. Only thing I don't like is some "points of interest" are boring and just feel like I'm filling a map in a Ubisoft open world game.

I see it from a different perspective. Each PoI is a crap shoot. You could either find a place of power or hidden/guarded treasure which you would consider a win or you could find a bandit camp or monster hive.

The benefits of seeking all them out is immense.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I just got this game, played it for a few hours.
Seems veeeeeeeeeery cool.

It just gets better and better. The world is filled with so much content, variety and meaningful things to do and experience. And the quality of that content is exceptional; the world is alive and believable, the writing and structure of even the most basic single throw away side quests are way better than those of your average standard video game main stories. Its engaging weaving of the political, mythological and cultural lore of the Witcher universe is pervasive while not being overbearing. Maybe the best way to put it is as a player, this doesn't feel like an open world game that's just one for the sake of being one but instead feels like a world that exists independent of you while being shaped by your impactful and meaningful actions.

Confident in regularly stating it's the greatest game I've ever played. There are games, and then there are CD Projekt Red masterpieces.

Last edited:

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Ah yeah, that's possible. I don't remember if the lag got progressively worse the more I collected or not.
I may have spoken too soon. I had some conflicts with my Friendly HUD, Item Sort Order and Better Icons mods where items were showing up in the wrong tabs or completely missing altogether. I do like that they separated weapons and armor as well as oil from potions from bombs. Very useful and much friendlier in that regard. The lack of uniform columns with the shared tabs is a minor annoyance. My alchemy/crafting tab, as noted, is also pretty laggy.

Overall, it's a good aesthetic improvement. Need to figure out why the level requirements from my quests section is missing though now... this update doesn't play nice with a whole bunch of updated mods.
Right, I didn't take into account the difficulties with the mods. Overall though I think most of the changes they made just make sense. Only thing for me I don't like is that new items show up at the bottom when first collected.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Right, I didn't take into account the difficulties with the mods. Overall though I think most of the changes they made just make sense. Only thing for me I don't like is that new items show up at the bottom when first collected.

Yeah, noticed that too. Really llike the ability to automatically read things you pick up now without having to go into the inventory. Much more convenient. :handclap:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Don't forget to check all the points of interest in Skellige.

Totally rewarding and not a waste of time at all.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Don't forget to check all the points of interest in Skellige.

Totally rewarding and not a waste of time at all.
I did this mostly to collect swords to sell. Now I have 70 swords in my stash and no convenient vendors with money to buy them.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I did this mostly to collect swords to sell. Now I have 70 swords in my stash and no convenient vendors with money to buy them.

[spoil]The master craftsmen in Blood and Wine has lots of money. Particularly after you blow your money on grandmaster crafted armour lol[/spoil]

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
No, really. Going from point to point in a dingy whilst being attacked by harpies is breathtaking.

Simply breathtaking.

Sirens. If you head to Undvik first and get the horn, the Sirens really aren't too much of an issue though IMO.

It's the travelling to stupid loot that is mostly useless that sucks, if you choose to do so.

The change in landscape and Ard Skellig is definitely a breath of fresh air from Velen, however.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Sirens were annoying but you can just avoid them by not taking the boat anywhere because the treasure was **** anyway. Skellige was beautiful though and was a nice change from the swamps that the majority of the game takes place in. I feel like they could've done more with Skellige.

The new place in B&W expansion is great too.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I haven't been able to use any boats I come across and I feel stupid. But they're not in Skellige. The ones in Velen.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I thought you guys were being sarcastic. I still haven't gotten to Skellige yet.

The old title of the thread (Take a boat tour through Skelige (Don't do this)) was quite accurate I assure you.

Now I'm in Velen and totally overwhelmed, haha.

This is legitimately one area I judge RPGs on. If at any point you don't get this feeling it almost can't be a great RPG.

I haven't been able to use any boats I come across and I feel stupid. But they're not in Skellige. The ones in Velen.

You have to use the little rudder thing at the back. Careful, they can take damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad