Witcher III : PT III : Blood and Winos

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The Tour really isn't that bad

images

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Started a NG+ on death march. So far I don't find it to be too bad, but I'm a little bit over leveled so that might be why. The biggest difference so far seems to be that you have to play a lot more defensive, and even the small fights are dangerous. I've been killed a couple times by mobs, but that was happening early on to me in my first play through as well. I just got through Keira's side missions so I'm not very far yet, maybe it will get more difficult. I'm sure there will be at least a few fights that give me real trouble.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Any of you play through on Death March? I'm trying to come up with a good build. So far I'm using full Sign build but with Cat school gear. Seems to really balance out defensive and offensive play, but I don't know if that is smart. It's working so far, but wondering what is best when you get closer to the end game?

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Any of you play through on Death March? I'm trying to come up with a good build. So far I'm using full Sign build but with Cat school gear. Seems to really balance out defensive and offensive play, but I don't know if that is smart. It's working so far, but wondering what is best when you get closer to the end game?

I played NG+ on Death March, and the vanilla areas really aren't that bad, unless you get cornered etc.
Some Hearts of Stone encounters were pretty hard though.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I played NG+ on Death March, and the vanilla areas really aren't that bad, unless you get cornered etc.
Some Hearts of Stone encounters were pretty hard though.
Yeah, I'm not finding it too bad, but I wasn't sure if it got more difficult as it goes along. So far the only issue I've really had is with the Ciri cockatrice fight which took me 3 tries. I thought it would be a lot more difficult than it has been since I only played through the first time on the second easiest difficulty. Overall, it's really just about positioning and being patient. I think starting with a lot of abilities unlocked and having all the alchemy ingredients really makes it easier with NG+.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Rumours surfaced yesterday that the expansion is coming out April 26th and will be about Vampires which is great. Regis is the bomb (in the books).

Seems to contradict the official news we got a little while ago that it had been pushed back a bit but I guess that April is technically Q2 isn't it?

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Rumours surfaced yesterday that the expansion is coming out April 26th and will be about Vampires which is great. Regis is the bomb (in the books).

Seems to contradict the official news we got a little while ago that it had been pushed back a bit but I guess that April is technically Q2 isn't it?
If it's about Vampires, let's hope that Black Blood potion is nerfed a bit. I played a couple contracts with Vampires that were 5+ levels over me and managed to just kite the vampire around until it died because of superior black blood, and this was on Death March. Didn't even have to touch it.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to buy the expansions on Steam while running the game on GoG?

I have some steam cards I'd like to use up, and if I could get the expansions on that platform, and be able to run it with my Witcher 3 on GoG, that would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to buy the expansions on Steam while running the game on GoG?

I have some steam cards I'd like to use up, and if I could get the expansions on that platform, and be able to run it with my Witcher 3 on GoG, that would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

Nope.

But depending on how long you wait for a sale the base game might go cheap enough that it's better to buy it again when combined with card money :laugh:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I just finished Hearts of Stone the other day, awesome expansion pack but felt it was lacking in combat. The story was great all the way through though, caught myself playing for hours at a time without even realizing it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I just finished Hearts of Stone the other day, awesome expansion pack but felt it was lacking in combat. The story was great all the way through though, caught myself playing for hours at a time without even realizing it.

The boss fights were pretty damn awesome if you ask me, especially the Caretaker.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It coming out this month seems very far-fetched: with the amount of coverage this game got they would be wise to have a decent lead up to the release in order to reach people who heard about the game but didn't end up getting it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Wonder if they are gonna pull a switch on everyone and do another Enhanced Edition packaged with the expansion content?

Because it's been so long now that I don't think the Expansion will sell all that well on its own.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I know a surprising amount of people who got the Season Pass actually.

Anecdotal and all but still. If they put the game on sale when the expansion comes out you that might also help.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Started playing this again, for what ever reason i stopped playing (got bored) and a few new games came out and took its spot. Man i'm falling back in love with this game.

I'm only level 15 right now a lot of the quests and monsters are saying level 20-35. I have no idea how far into the game I am. I'm currently searching for Junior and Dandelion if that helps. Any tips on how to level up faster or will this continue to come as I complete the main story and various easy side quests

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Don't worry about leveling up faster, just play the storyline and the side missions and hunts that you want. I think no matter what you do you're going to end up overleveled. My experience and most of the other people on here is that we went to Skellige too over leveled anyway. In hindsight, it's one of the things I liked so much about this game - it really encourages you to just play through and enjoy the storyline as opposed to making you go out of your way to grind for levels or gear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad