Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Honestly does anyone else think its a budget issue? EA should scrap their piece of **** NBA game and point more towards NHL.

It's no secret that the NHL team has less of a budget and less resources than, say, FIFA. I don't even know why they try with NBA -- 2K dominates on that front.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
KHL, ECHL, Slovak Extraliga, NCAA teams, Champions Hockey League

Also, Be a Pro and Be a GM should allow you to play for European teams.

getzforfighting*

I had one wish and it was GM Connected, won't be buying this.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
They need to fire Rammer and take the game out of team Vancouver's hands. I don't think this team is capable of recovering after 15. This series has been slowly going down the drain ever since the series moved from Montreal after '09. NHL 15 was really just the final flush.

Its been endless broken systems(the board play has been consistently garbage) and horrible money grabbing modes. This year showed that Rammer can't even properly balance their production budget with unnecessary/pointless presentation decisions. Mechanically, the series has major consistent problems and they decide to blow their budget on live action Doc Emerik?

I'd love for them to bring Littman back but that is not even necessary. They need a new team and just strip this stuff down "back to basics." Keep essential mechanics(skill stick)and dump the unnecessary fat.

This is going to be the first year I don't automatically buy a hockey game. In fact, unless its absolutely RAVE reviews not only from critics and veterans of the series: I'm just going to bag the whole damn thing. NHL 15 was such a "slap in the face" that even a "decent" or "pretty good" game isn't going to cut it for me. I don't have any faith thats going to happen with Rammer and team Vancouver being brought back this year.

I think this series may just need to completely tank for EA to get the message. I hope that most fans are as pissed off as I am and show some restraint this year.

Last edited:

pitcher

Jun 18, 2012
I haven't played that much in '14 and '15, but I used to play a lot in the previous versions, all the way to the first EA hockey games.

What really bugged me about the 2 most recent games, specially '15, is that they sacrificed gameplay for "realism", which end up having as a result that the game is even less realistic. And they clearly dumbed down the game. Why the hell is my player doing automatic dekes when I use the skill stick? Why does my goaltender make automatic moves that screw me up? Why is it that my opponent keep the puck even if I clearly poke checked it perfectly 5 times in a row? Why when he finally loses it, that his guy instantly pick it back up? Why are players "invulnerable" when they do automatic dekes? etc, etc, etc

I really hope they fixed some of that stuff, it made the game really boring imo. Playing NHL 15 really felt like you were playing against the game, instead of playing the game.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I haven't played that much in '14 and '15, but I used to play a lot in the previous versions, all the way to the first EA hockey games.

What really bugged me about the 2 most recent games, specially '15, is that they sacrificed gameplay for "realism", which end up having as a result that the game is even less realistic. And they clearly dumbed down the game. Why the hell is my player doing automatic dekes when I use the skill stick? Why does my goaltender make automatic moves that screw me up? Why is it that my opponent keep the puck even if I clearly poke checked it perfectly 5 times in a row? Why when he finally loses it, that his guy instantly pick it back up? Why are players "invulnerable" when they do automatic dekes? etc, etc, etc

I really hope they fixed some of that stuff, it made the game really boring imo. Playing NHL 15 really felt like you were playing against the game, instead of playing the game.

And when you check a player along the boards and they end up getting the puck back because the game a lot of the time doesn't let your player grab it

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think the game sounds much better; but I'd still like to see a better training camp, scouting and development, and off-season set up in Be a GM. Maybe next year.

I've always hoped they would do away with an overall rating. Utilize the hockey's future ratings instead. That way I can draft someone that would usually be rated in the 60s, but they would come in as a 7C or something and I would actually give them a chance in my lineup; where as seeing a 60 on my 2nd or 3rd line just doesn't feel realistic.
You could also keep people from stacking teams by making team chemistry take a hit if you play too many 7s or up on your 3rd and 4th lines.

This would put some meaning into the pre-season games and training camps. Which also should be enhanced, adding practices and skill sessions to scout and develop your prospects. And be much more fun during drafting; if you are picking 20th, do you grab the 7D or the 5A rated player. One is a sure thing for your lower lines, the other could be a bust.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Would love for it to sim a bit faster.

Would also like them to bring back offline HUT tournaments (if they are in '15, i can't find them lol).

schnee11

Hockey Lover
Dec 12, 2014
Canada
your average player in this game is like 85-87 in this game. Lupul is 86 overall and clarkson is like 85 and both of those guys are complete garbage. In mt opinion i think they should lower everyones overall by something like 10. it would mean you would probably have like 2-3 high 80s on your team 5-7 low 80s on your team and then a few 70 on your team. This would make the game more realistic cause over the last decade the average goals per game in the NHL has gone down a lot. games are now ending more like 3-2 rather than 7-4 (usually the final score when I play) this isn't really a need, more a suggestion

Mutants99

Nov 2, 2013
Can someone just rename this thread "NHL 17 wishlist" so we don't have to retype everything over again for next year :shakehead

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I thought that it might be better for EASHL, since people really want the player customization, that everyone would have the same amount of points they could distribute between attributes as they wish. Of course there would be some player builds where the guy is just super fast (probably most of them) but I think that'd be a working "level playing field". Especially if there was more player separation in the game but now they just all feel the same anyways pretty much.

Oct 10, 2010
They need to rate players MUCH better!

High end players should be ranked in 90s... 2nd tier player in the 80s and everyone else in the 60 or 70s.

Also need to make the players look more realistic!

If i have John Scott skating near Tyler Ennis, i want to see a size difference.. I mean, is it really that hard to execute?

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It's pathetic that they've never implemented a training camp/drills/skill improvement type thing in the pre-season or offseason when Madden 2003 had a minicamp for every position :shakehead

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
I'm still stuck with NHL 14 as I didn't feel like upgrading it for the 360 but this has been bugging me...can they please find a way for free agents in GM mode sign in Europe if they go unsigned? Guys sit in free agency far too long where as in real life most would consider their European options

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
NBA 2K games have/had a system where you'd get reward points for having 5 game win streak, 10 game, division champ, player awards, playoff etc and at the end of the season you spend them to improve players.

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
EA should add a potential floor, for risky players. As example, Anthony Beauvillier could have a 4 yellow star ceiling and a 1.5 yellow floor, while Connor McDavid could have a 5 green star ceiling and a 4.5 yellow star floor.

I find these potential rating system a little confusing too. Is red bad?

nilssont

May 27, 2007
A Offline Tournament mode. I want to gather some friends at home, pull off a draft and not have to write the results on a freakin piece of paper, with group stage + playoffs and point stats etc.

Also why the HELL did they REMOVE create a team? Idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad