Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Did that change with NHL 15? Because Hanifin and Eichel are in a NHL 14 GM Mode I'm doing right now...

They weren't in the college when 2014 came out, thus not subject to NCAA rules.

One thing that would be nice, and wouldn't be too difficult to implement would be a little another line in the contracts menu telling you how many players you have under contract. It would take some of the guess work out figuring out if you need to let people go to sign your prospects.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I'm not getting excited with this game until I see further improvement. Every single year since NHL09 I followed these threads like a hawk always looking for new modes and features and I always let down

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So pretty much the only new thing at this point is playoff beards?

Everything else is taken straight from past versions going back to 2004 or earlier.

It's been so long that I don't even care. I got my HUT, and now I got a revamped, more in-depth GM mode (again)! I'm happy. Really looking forward to videos showing off the GM mode to get an idea of how it all works. Gone are the days of signing the best overall players or best potential players to win the Cup now.

penaltykiller

Feb 19, 2007
province of quebec
And yet no international play, no distinct player characteristics (for the record, nba 2k14 had 38 different "special" ones for the players), nothing mentionned about making trading A.I better or making the CPU able to manage a salary cap. I could just copy paste my wishlist from NHL 10 I suppose.

I'll stick with EHM I guess...

nucker11

Apr 15, 2014
British Columbia
I Want to be able to see my franchise's top 10 goal scorers ever and ect in gm mode. I also want an update when someone on my team becomes my franchises leading scorer and make it a big deal in game when it happens.

Also a minor thing is I want a button on the main screen to switch which goalie is starting the next game.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm kind of bummed that my coach idea didn't get in, but why would I expect it to with EA? I'm happy with the player morale, but I would like for a future edition to have us to hire coaches that we want, with set strategies coming in and different strengths and weaknesses. Want to win now? Cool... your young players might not develop how you would like, though. Want to develop your younger talent? Nice... you won't be winning anything anytime soon, though. Not until they develop for a few years. Want to win now but also have a coach who can develop players while doing so? He may be a bit stubborn and may fight the GM on some choices in meetings.

Here's a post I made a couple of months ago in this thread...

I've complied this list over a while of just random thoughts that popped to me; now, I'll post it here. NOTE: these are all GM Mode related:

-- pick staff based off grade and pay them. Your owner gives you a cap to spend on staff.

-- converse with your owner on expectations through the season. Converse with players throughout about the on-ice play, coach, systems, playing time. Converse with your coach on expectations, including setting certain expectations for certain players (using Galchenyuk as an example: telling Therrien you want Chucky to average 17 mins a game, you want him in the top-six, on the PP and to slowly start developing his defensive game to build him into a strong two-way player. For Pacioretty, I would tell him I want him on a certain side on the PP and for him to play in every situation.).

-- when conversing with players, you'll also have a meter where it shows how they react to the coach and his systems and who's happiest and who's not. You'll also get a meter for the feel of the locker room and how the players react to the leaders.

-- if certain teams have an internal cap, the owner will let it be known to the GM. Also, if that team is having a good season and/or can afford it because there's more people at the games, the owner will notify the GM (you) to spend up to the cap for a strong run.

-- in-depth scouting. This goes back go the staff-grading system up above. If you have a lower grade scout (who will be cheaper), you'll get a very bare bones analysis of the draft and player types and you'll be less likely to find late-draft steals. Higher graded scouts will provide more in-depth analysis and even find you late-round gems. They'll even give you certain information on certain players (so-and-so is strong on the puck, has a good hockey IQ, but player development will need to work with him to improve his defensive game. He has the potential to be a top __ player.). Something like that to add a new element to the draft and scouting.

-- if choosing a team who doesn't have a big budget to start, you'd need to decide how to spend the money on staff. Are you okay with a cheaper, less experienced coach in order to get a top-level scout to build for the future? Do you want an expensive, good coach to win with your team as is, but sacrifice the future in doing so?

-- EA now has the NBC licensing? Why not get some coverage to go with it? Maybe even get McKenzie, Dreger, McGuire, etc. for the deadline and draft day to analyze moves and draft picks. Also, make these days big events! More trades. Have teams flat out make themselves a seller or a buyer at the deadline.

-- actually calling teams to negotiate trades like in NBA 2K15. You can let the other GM know why a deal doesn't work and they can let you know why it won't work aside from the tired old message that always comes up now.

-- interviews with the press. Real GMs do it. Address the press about the team and its needs, and everything you say has some sort of affect on the roster members of the team, coaching staff, and the owner, whether positive or negative. In NBA 2K15, a press conference is called after whatever trade you make or any other type of event.

-- let me communicate with my players!!!! Ice time, spots, troubles in the locker room or with the coach, let me communicate with them! If a player is unhappy, demands a trade, is tired, whatever, let me talk to them.

-- on the tired/fatigue thing, if that is the case, I simply tell the coach to ease up on his minutes for a few games.

-- management, chemistry, coach likability meters. All these will affect the team. The lower they are, the worse. The higher, the better the team will be. Edmonton, as it is in these games, are always good in GM mode only because of their roster. We know in real life that that's not the case and management, culture, chemistry and coaches play a big part in this. These meters would add a sense of realism to the mode. Calgary, in real life, is playing much better than their record says they should, because of their coach and the culture in the organization.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
I'm not getting excited with this game until I see further improvement. Every single year since NHL09 I followed these threads like a hawk always looking for new modes and features and I always let down

That's because all EA does is recycle, recycle, recycle... Have a certain mode or AI improvement implemented in let's say NHL10... then leave it out of NHL12,13,14,15... then introduce it as "NEW" again in NHL16... it's a big effing joke, unfortunately the joke is always on us!!!

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Needless to say... it seems like Rammer is still heading production. When will EA hand this franchise back to Littman? Those are the only years when the franchise seemed to get a true "refresh".

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What site is the best bet for a developer to read when going through wish lists? I want to share my GM ideas somewhere and hope they can see the light. :laugh:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
What site is the best bet for a developer to read when going through wish lists? I want to share my GM ideas somewhere and hope they can see the light. :laugh:

No offense man, but your ideas (and everyone else's) enter their left ear and go away one second later on their right ear.

They don't give a crap what you, what I, what we want in this game.

If you still insist, go to EA forums and try luck there.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
OTP/EASHL is my favorite game mode but it's bad, beyond bad, beyond awful.

They need to massive tune down hitting, and puck control, plus turn down hustle. Plus, goalies are under-powered relatively speaking, and pucks bounce into high scoring areas constantly. To make a long story short...
Basically, make it NHL 13 again in terms of gameplay.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
OTP/EASHL is my favorite game mode but it's bad, beyond bad, beyond awful.

They need to massive tune down hitting, and puck control, plus turn down hustle. Plus, goalies are under-powered relatively speaking, and pucks bounce into high scoring areas constantly. To make a long story short...
Basically, make it NHL 13 again in terms of gameplay.

I like how I have CPU hit power @ 0, yet guys like P. Kane or Ennis knock over players like Bjugstad/Gudbranson like they are Scott Stevens...

Other than that, I thought the gameplay for 15 is the best yet. Still am playing GM mode and games are still relatively challenging for me. Will have low scoring games versus top defensive teams and then have shootouts with teams like the Lightning and Anaheim.

It is funny how they are bringing back stuff like morale, which was implemented 6+ years ago, as something new.

Just give me the ability to edit players and I'll be content.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Honestly does anyone else think its a budget issue? EA should scrap their piece of **** NBA game and point more towards NHL.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
Hey. For those of you who do check out the crowd every once in a while during a match in NHL 15 or 14, do you think it would be any good if when you play as your custom team for EASHL or single player mode (exhibition), the fans actually wear the jerseys you designed instead of just normal clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia