Wishlist

DraastiK

Jun 14, 2012
North NJ
How about realistic trades? I should be able to trade 5 prospects + picks in next few drafts for a player like Datsyuk.

Better hit detection.
Better Puck physics (looks better from the trailer so far)
BETTER AI SYSTEM

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
1. Give us the USNTDP or the USHL. Something that gives me more American players to scout in GM mode or teams to play with (We already have the CHL, so it shouldn't be that hard to get either one). Plus O don't want to have to create Jack Eichel. I want to be able to scout him out.

2. Put Advanced Statistics in the game. NBA 2K does it and look where they are. You don't have to go all out using every stat available. Just use simple ones like CF% (Corsi for percentage) or PDO. The easy ones, so someone could go into GM mode or create a team using advanced stats.

3. Give us an option to when we are on the strategies menu, to select what style of play we want the team to play.
Example: If I'm playing as the Red Wings, I should open up the strategies menu and see a preset of what a puck possesion team like them would play, forecheck offensive pressure, etc should look like. From there I should be able to change that, along with the suggest styles of play for each line related to puck possession.
You can have different styles for each team, like the Kings, Forecheck heavy, dump and chase, neutral zone trap. You get the idea?

These are what I see as improvements to somewhat make the game overall better (minus gameplay).

CaptainsHockey

Apr 12, 2013
Ottawa
I don't know if there'd be an equivalent on the Xbox but with the new PS4 controls the goal horn should go off on your controller and that annoying light on the back should flash red. Also I heard a rumour that depending on the home team there'd be different announcers calling the game, even only 2 or 3 sets would be sick

WEWONITIN1989

Jun 29, 2014
If you play in Zurich or have a Zurich based team when it says the country's name instead of Switzerland it's Germany :shakehead

RealisticLeafsFan13

Jun 19, 2014
An Igloo
Trades need to be improved so much. In the real NHL you'll see trades like a star player for a couple of prospects and depth players. This trade almost never works in this game because of the value system.

Contracts need to be improved as well. Players should ask for realistic contracts, even in 10 years, ENF should not be asking for over 1 million. Or if someone has a defensive category of all 99's and they're rated 84, when they only put up 20 points, they shouldn't ask for 3.5 - 4 million. NMC and NTC should also be in the game. Also you should be able to change the amount you pay each year, instead of just the AAV. Like if I have an old star player that wants both term and money, I offer him 4 years and frontload the contract with money. So the AAV may be 5 million a year, but I offer giving 7 million for the first two years, than 3 million for the last two years, incase he retires or declines the cap hit is lower.

99SvenBaertschi

Jul 2, 2014
Sasktoon, SK, Canada
Lol

EASHL:
Allow team to vote members off between periods or something. (had a goalie keep yelling aggressive goalie into the mic and trying to join in on the rush leaving the net open all game. Had a player who would start a fight every time he got out of the box. Had a player shooting on own goalie)

I know exactly who that goalie is. Youtube: BaconCountry. That's the goalie.

99SvenBaertschi

Jul 2, 2014
Sasktoon, SK, Canada
Mine

You know how Eric Lindros refused to dorn the Nordiques jersey? Yeah, they should add that option in Be A Pro, as well they should allow you to have a no trade clause (If you don't know what that is, Ryan Kesler was recently was traded to Anaheim, one of two teams, the other being Chicago, he said were the only teams he would accept a trade too. Making no trade clauses and declining trades from your team could be interesting.

99SvenBaertschi

Jul 2, 2014
Sasktoon, SK, Canada
Examples of Draft Games (Rounds 1 and Other)

Round 1:

First Overalls: Just saying, since 1963, only 9 First Overall draft picks have won the Calder.

First Overalls: Three other players (not Calder Winners) were put in the Hall of Fame, including Mats Sundin and Guy Lafleur

First Overalls: 4 Players are in the Hall of Fame and have won the Calder.

First Overalls: Three players never played a game in the NHL.

Other Round:

Pekka Rinne
Matt Moulson
Jaroslav Halak
Mark Streit
Patrick Hornqvist
Dustin Byfuglien
Domink Hasek
Anders Lindback
Henrik Lundqvist
Joe Pavelski
Sergei Kostistyn
Brooks Laich
Ryan Clowe
Theoran Fleury
Brendan Gallagher
Jamie Benn
Daniel Alfreddson
Brett Hull
Jonathan Quick
Steve Mason

Those guys. Can be found. Make them have a chance. Let's go Round 7!

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
My wish list for NHL 15:

1: Contract Extensions
2: More realistic player progression
3: Other contract terms, (NTCs, NMCs, team and player bonuses)
4: A smarter IA that makes trade decisions based on team needs and direction
5: The ability to change a players position
6: The ability to assign off season development tasks for players, (like having a center focus on face-offs)
7: A new system for play in and around the crease similar to the board play. (All D men should be trying to clear the puck and all forwards should be trying to knock the puck in the net, instead of trying to possess and then clear/shoot.)

I am sure I would have more, these are just the issues I can think of off the top of my head.

Thought of another one.

8: Player trade value should not be league wide. Each player's value should be determined by how they are viewed by the team you are offering them to. And their players value should be changed to their willingness to trade that player. That, coupled with a system based on a teams direction would create much more realistic trades. A team that is bad would determine itself to be rebuilding, and as such would make trades to acquire more picks and prospects. And trades would come down to your players value to them vs. their willingness to give up the player you are asking for.

Last edited:

spfan

May 4, 2009
- No more objects going through other objects, like sticks going through players legs and the net
- Full player editing during Be a GM(attributes, height, weight, position etc.)
- Bring back the ability to edit players height, weight and player type
- Def. Awareness should affect players overall a little less
- Edit contracts in roster management (Length and amount)
- Playoff beards
- Hiring and firing your coaching staff like they have in Madden
- Cut scenes for the draft, especially for Live The Life
- Secondary positions. I hate seeing CPU teams lines looking completely unlike real life lines. e.g. Byfuglien, Burns D/RW, Dubinsky LW/C etc. Many wingers can play center and the opposite, as well as countless wingers can play both wings. I just hate seeing unbalanced lines since the game is limited to a player only being able to play 1 position.
- Shot blocking stats should be added
- Player training like they had in Madden a few years ago. Where they had drills for every position and could work on specific attributes. Speed skating, Accuracy drills, shooting power. Would be nice if you could boost yourself in Live The Life this way as well as using a certain amount of players on your team in Be a GM mode too.
- Ability to edit draft classes(Full name, height, weight, attributes, everything) They had that in an NBA 2K game.
- More and new additions to create a team and create a player. Create a team is very outdated and create a player has had the same things for a few years now too. More team logos and full customization for making your team jersey. More faces, hair, facial hair to choose from.
- Fix simulated stat lines. Almost every hit leader in EA NHL is a d-man, but in real life it is usually forwards who get the most hits. e.g. Matt Martin and Cal Clutterbuck.
Also, Pretty much every top player is a +20 or so, while every bottom player is a -20, which is just unrealistic. Lots of top players are minus players and there's bottom players who are plus players.
- More leagues, like USHL. I realize there's legal issues for KHL and it would probably be impossible to have NCAA teams, but I think USHL is possible.
- It would be nice if they could get the rights to the Olympic jerseys, instead of just the flag as the logo and the same generic looking uniforms forever.
- SKILLS COMPETITION. NHL 2K had it. Some of the events weren't done too well, but others were very fun. NBA Live had a skills completion as well, and I think they did very well with it. Skills competition should be a regular mode, as well as an annual break in the season for Be a GM and Live The Life. How much longer are EA going to delay adding this into the NHL series??
- Olympic break. Whether it's every 4 years or just do it every year. It would be awesome to take a break from your team in Be a GM and be able to pick any team you want for the Olympics. Also, ability the represent your country in the Olympics.
- Passing attributes need to make a difference in the game. I feel playmakers are much less useful compared to snipers. Decrease the accuracy of passing. Guys like Crosby, Thornton, Backstrom should be able to deliver unbelievable passes in the game, much like Ovechkin and Stamkos are able to score more than anyone else.
- Goalie improvements. No matter the difficulty and tinkering with gameplay settings, it's still too easy to score on goalies. Goalies attributes don't really seem to make a difference either. I can score on Lundqvist just as easy as any other goalie it seems.
- In addition to that, Playoff games should feel much different. Goaltending should be even better, the crowd should be more alive, playoff beards, more hitting. The whole intensity of a playoff game should feel different.
- New and more effective deking. I find the deking almost useless now. It's easier just to beat defenders with speed, rather than dangling past them. Also, have the skilled players be the ones that can pull off the greatest dangles, but the un-skilled players shouldn't be able to do them at all or very rarely.
- CPU should do more open ice hitting as well. Usually they can just hit you from behind(too easily).
- Longer injuries. As well as goalie injuries. The longest injuries in the game are like 2 months(if that) while in real life, there's players missing the entire season. Madden does this very well. Add suspensions as well.
- Power plays need to look like power plays. Players getting into position and setting up for the perfect, open shot. 1 player usually trying to screen the goalie too.
- Ability to relocate your team(again like Madden). New city, new team name, new jersey. Pretty much it would bring you to a screen like create a team.
- During scouting and the draft, the players should have stats.
- NHL should really take some pointers from "My Career" in NBA 2K. They call it "Live The Life" yet you really aren't living the life at all. It's hardly any different from Be a Pro. Mostly just a name change and a couple of little things added.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
- No more objects going through other objects, like sticks going through players legs and the net
- Full player editing during Be a GM(attributes, height, weight, position etc.)
- Bring back the ability to edit players height, weight and player type
- Def. Awareness should affect players overall a little less
- Edit contracts in roster management (Length and amount)
- Playoff beards
- Hiring and firing your coaching staff like they have in Madden
- Cut scenes for the draft, especially for Live The Life
- Secondary positions. I hate seeing CPU teams lines looking completely unlike real life lines. e.g. Byfuglien, Burns D/RW, Dubinsky LW/C etc. Many wingers can play center and the opposite, as well as countless wingers can play both wings. I just hate seeing unbalanced lines since the game is limited to a player only being able to play 1 position.
- Shot blocking stats should be added
- Player training like they had in Madden a few years ago. Where they had drills for every position and could work on specific attributes. Speed skating, Accuracy drills, shooting power. Would be nice if you could boost yourself in Live The Life this way as well as using a certain amount of players on your team in Be a GM mode too.
- Ability to edit draft classes(Full name, height, weight, attributes, everything) They had that in an NBA 2K game.
- More and new additions to create a team and create a player. Create a team is very outdated and create a player has had the same things for a few years now too. More team logos and full customization for making your team jersey. More faces, hair, facial hair to choose from.
- Fix simulated stat lines. Almost every hit leader in EA NHL is a d-man, but in real life it is usually forwards who get the most hits. e.g. Matt Martin and Cal Clutterbuck.
Also, Pretty much every top player is a +20 or so, while every bottom player is a -20, which is just unrealistic. Lots of top players are minus players and there's bottom players who are plus players.
- More leagues, like USHL. I realize there's legal issues for KHL and it would probably be impossible to have NCAA teams, but I think USHL is possible.
- It would be nice if they could get the rights to the Olympic jerseys, instead of just the flag as the logo and the same generic looking uniforms forever.
- SKILLS COMPETITION. NHL 2K had it. Some of the events weren't done too well, but others were very fun. NBA Live had a skills completion as well, and I think they did very well with it. Skills competition should be a regular mode, as well as an annual break in the season for Be a GM and Live The Life. How much longer are EA going to delay adding this into the NHL series??
- Olympic break. Whether it's every 4 years or just do it every year. It would be awesome to take a break from your team in Be a GM and be able to pick any team you want for the Olympics. Also, ability the represent your country in the Olympics.
- Passing attributes need to make a difference in the game. I feel playmakers are much less useful compared to snipers. Decrease the accuracy of passing. Guys like Crosby, Thornton, Backstrom should be able to deliver unbelievable passes in the game, much like Ovechkin and Stamkos are able to score more than anyone else.
- Goalie improvements. No matter the difficulty and tinkering with gameplay settings, it's still too easy to score on goalies. Goalies attributes don't really seem to make a difference either. I can score on Lundqvist just as easy as any other goalie it seems.
- In addition to that, Playoff games should feel much different. Goaltending should be even better, the crowd should be more alive, playoff beards, more hitting. The whole intensity of a playoff game should feel different.
- New and more effective deking. I find the deking almost useless now. It's easier just to beat defenders with speed, rather than dangling past them. Also, have the skilled players be the ones that can pull off the greatest dangles, but the un-skilled players shouldn't be able to do them at all or very rarely.
- CPU should do more open ice hitting as well. Usually they can just hit you from behind(too easily).
- Longer injuries. As well as goalie injuries. The longest injuries in the game are like 2 months(if that) while in real life, there's players missing the entire season. Madden does this very well. Add suspensions as well.
- Power plays need to look like power plays. Players getting into position and setting up for the perfect, open shot. 1 player usually trying to screen the goalie too.
- Ability to relocate your team(again like Madden). New city, new team name, new jersey. Pretty much it would bring you to a screen like create a team.
- During scouting and the draft, the players should have stats.
- NHL should really take some pointers from "My Career" in NBA 2K. They call it "Live The Life" yet you really aren't living the life at all. It's hardly any different from Be a Pro. Mostly just a name change and a couple of little things added.

agreed with pretty much everything you said here, unfortunately most of this won't be addressed at all.

But there's jersey waving and 4 refs so, you know, let's all just support it and spend $70 on it. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Rammer said they tried this once, but it was a mess.

They may try again with the new Gen consoles though

spfan

May 4, 2009
agreed with pretty much everything you said here, unfortunately most of this won't be addressed at all.

But there's jersey waving and 4 refs so, you know, let's all just support it and spend $70 on it. :facepalm:

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with what they have shown for NHL 15. Though the dynamic skating for NHL 14 that they were hyping, I was meh about, but it turned out to be really good. Most of the stuff I want is just little things that don't have to do with gameplay. NBA 2K and Madden I think do a lot better with the "little things", but NHL is much more fun to play.

Rammer said they tried this once, but it was a mess.

They may try again with the new Gen consoles though

When did he say that?
Weird that he'd come out and say he tried to fix something and couldn't.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah, if objects like sticks couldn't go through there would be absolutely no way to keep the puck or do basically anything...

kdfsjljklgjfg

Apr 4, 2007
Gloversville, NY
When did he say that?
Weird that he'd come out and say he tried to fix something and couldn't.

It was a year or two ago. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. They would have to add a TON of animations and AI processing to fix this, or it would totally be a mess. Look at the multitude of absurd FIFA physics glitches to get an idea of what happens with full collision and not enough power to process ways to untangle people. It's not as simple as "make collision detection a thing", because every player on the ice doesn't need to just follow the animations laid out to them, but needs its own individual AI to have full recognition of where their limbs and accessories (sticks, etc.) are at all times, and have a crapton of animations for untangling themselves.

Think about life. You're turning left with your stick ahead of you. Your stick runs into a player. You have to recognize that moving it more to the left isn't going to work because a body is there, so then you pull it in toward you, then go left around the person with it and come out on the other side, then move it forward again to be in its natural position, and they have to create a new animation for each possible incident of obstruction.

You dive at someone to stop a breakaway. Your head winds up between their legs. The player on top needs to recognize that a player beneath him is an obstruction and move his leg to not keep running into that guy, and actually be able to move. The guy on the bottom needs to recognize that he can't get directly up, and get up from beneath that guy in a different way.

These also have to be done in a way that doesn't interfere with the input of the player's controls on the controller (stop moving to gain the ability to free his arm from a guy in front of him, etc.)

That's a LOT of animations to add to cover EVERY possible situation, and a LOT of AI processing power to have complete, full body awareness and track position of each limb, 100% of the time.

The only way that full collision detection wouldn't be a total mess in NHL is to evolve AI power to the point that they don't need an "animation" to move their limbs into freedom and can process the movement themselves without obstructing the player's input, or to dedicate an absurd amount of time and programming into just that specific task alone. Right not, it's not feasible, but I see it by the end of this console generation.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Time for me to go in total rant mode. Year after year we give EA our money for the same crappy game with updated rosters. The only reason why I put up with it is to just get the new rosters anyways.

Here are my main issues:

- Soundtrack: I really liked Nhl 12's soundtrack. It had a great variety of music, and even the songs that I didn't know were actually alright. Now all they care about is the Dropkick Murphy's and other gore bands (Actually I would take DM over many other songs in the series). It's about time that they put realistic music in the game like Rock N Roll Part 2, and update the horns and songs for teams.

- Post-Draft Roster Updates: I don't wanna wait till the next game to get the top prospects. If they are worried about sales dropping, they should actually put an effort into their products.

- Be a GM Mode: Throw it away, and restart. Better drafting, coaching staff, training, etc. I agree with everything said in the other thread on this board.

- Less crappy, useless updates: Waving jerseys and fighting are features that I don't care about. If I wanna wrestle, I will just buy WWE 15. Johan Franzen is never gonna drop the gloves, so after I hit someone, he shouldn't go attacking other players. As for waving jerseys, when are you going to notice that? When I'm playing the game, I'm worried about scoring goals, not the jet stream effect on the arena.

- Custom teams/equipment: I am never going to use a hippopotamus as my team's logo. Why can't we create or upload our custom logos? As for equipment, what about custom goalie masks? The pre-loaded designs are getting beat.

- Better online play: Longer shootouts and less fighting in games. Again if I wanna brawl, I will just buy UFC games. I play online for the hockey, not fighting. If there is such a big demand, make an online hockey fight mini-game.

- More realistic goalies: Better saves, quick switch button, more consistent. My goalie whether it's Price or Rask or whoever shouldn't allow 4 goals on 17 shots. It seems like the easiest shots go in too.

- Net front presence: At least make it an option in strategies. Guys like Chara on the PP, or Bertuzzi only play net-front.

- Resigns during the season: Johnathan Toews should not hit free agency in Be a GM. Then he shouldn't sign with Dallas for a Spezza, Seguin, Toews combo. After all that Dallas will finish last along with Pittsburgh and Boston, while Buffalo, Carolina, and Florida are top teams. It is a big joke.

I will post more as they come to mind.

gumption

Jun 28, 2014
St. Louis
having the women's national teams might be cool. or maybe even the cwhl, but that's taking it a little too far. i really would just enjoy some more hockey leagues. ncaa and the khl would be cool, and the nahl and the ushl. echl, sphl, central hockey league, all would be cool. i'm not getting my hopes up, though!!

would also enjoy the skills competition, but i wish for a smater ai.

the biggest wish of all... having the qatar ice hockey league.

Tyler Biggs*

Looking forward to the new release! But I wish EA would update the goalie helmet designs and have the custom artwork of certain goalies.

Otherwise, EA should make a thing on their website that allows you to go into a special art studio, create your own goalie helmet art, and import it into the game. That'd be pretty sick.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
The only thing I want is for GM connected to be more like it is in Madden. I want a draft and for them to fix all the stupid bugs in it. That alone would get me to buy the game every year. Sadly I have not heard a single thing about anything like this being done...

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
having the women's national teams might be cool. or maybe even the cwhl, but that's taking it a little too far. i really would just enjoy some more hockey leagues. ncaa and the khl would be cool, and the nahl and the ushl. echl, sphl, central hockey league, all would be cool. i'm not getting my hopes up, though!!

would also enjoy the skills competition, but i wish for a smater ai.

the biggest wish of all... having the qatar ice hockey league.

If I ever somehow become a GM, im scouting the QIHL.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If they get rid of the phone system and the GM Rep (or a big overhaul) in BAGM, I will consider the game a success right then and there :laugh:

I HATE it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad