Wishlist

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
AI

Actually fix the AI, and by fix the AI I actually mean fix it unlike their pathetic attempt this year

I like this game a lot, but seriously sometimes playing the high level AI is just not even fun. my AI is so dumb and useless, yet theirs is unbelievable. they will hit me 5 times in a matter of 3 seconds til im knocked off the puck. ill deke them and then when im on a breakaway somehow level me from behind and ill go flying

Or if i skate too close to their d they will literally just take the puck from me... not hit me, not lift my stick, not poke check, just literally take the puck... how come humans cant do this?

Also all of the AI clogs up in front of the net, including my own damn players, and I can never get a shot through... Allow for more customization of AI in game where I can tell my stupid ass players to get out of the way. This would help with EASHL or position locked modes too, when you are losing by a goal and your team is icing it on the PK with 30 seconds left.

its just bs...
They killed single player in this game IMO. Haven't played a single player game since I got my copy.

CPU AI vs Human AI is hilariously unbalanced

If someone knows a way to replicate that CPU play style, I'd love to hear it.

mercy

Sep 28, 2012
Single player has always been useless. They should try to make the EASHL less crappy. Make it more like NHL10 with playoffs at the end of the real NHL season.

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Anyone like my idea for custom goalie masks. What i mean i being able to move logos/designs to are liking. Maybe add random designs that we could add n also put a name/number on the chin area of the mask like price or kipper

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Anyone like my idea for custom goalie masks. What i mean i being able to move logos/designs to are liking. Maybe add random designs that we could add n also put a name/number on the chin area of the mask like price or kipper

no1curr about custom masks, we care about gameplay first.

FlyHi

Oct 20, 2012
Canada
EA has got to step up NHL 14 regarding playoffs. The NHL playoffs is the most exciting in all of sports but you wouldn't know it in NHL 13:

-Personalized team entrances
-We gotta see the playoff traditions of each team ie. Rats in Florida, Octopus in Detroit, Catfish in Nashville, Whiteout in Phoenix, Green Men in Vancouver
-There should be more emotion from the players when they score an OT goal.
-Announcers should be cognizant of the score of the series
-Conn Smythe shouldn't always go to the goalie

Also
-A world junior tournament mode (you don't have to get an IIHF licence, you can just call the tournament something else)
-NCAA would be awesome
-USHL would be awesome
-In GM Mode there should be NHL ready players coming out of every draft, rather than having to wait 3 years for every prospect.
-Trading is revolved too much around the trade block
-All-Star skills competition
-The presentation needs to be completely revamped
-Second team of commentators
-The race for the playoffs in the last couple weeks is a big part of hockey. Try to incorporate it into the game
-The goalies mostly save shots that they shouldn't be able to save, and don't save shots that they should save. Goalies need a lot of work.
-Try to use FIFA's system of newspaper headlines and articles in GM Mode. FIFA does a wonderful job of making the media come to life.
-More songs on the soundtrack

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA
AI

Actually fix the AI, and by fix the AI I actually mean fix it unlike their pathetic attempt this year

I like this game a lot, but seriously sometimes playing the high level AI is just not even fun. my AI is so dumb and useless, yet theirs is unbelievable. they will hit me 5 times in a matter of 3 seconds til im knocked off the puck. ill deke them and then when im on a breakaway somehow level me from behind and ill go flying

its just bs...

This is basically how I feel about the AI in the game.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
The top 5 or so prospects should be NHL ready. It drives me nuts when I pick someone 7th overall and they are a 53 (tons of potential, but still) and my 16th overall is a 73.

If anyone here has played NBA 2k12, you know they literally do roster updates by the day. Every. Single. Day. Meanwhile, EA tosses a bad one out every two weeks. Come on.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Trade block for HUT would be great. List a player and tell what type of player you want in return(i.e 3rd line center, 2nd pairing dman etc.). Would be cool if there were two separate markets. One to sell the players for pucks only, the other for trades of players. The mode could be incredible if people traded with each other on a frequent basis.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
This game will never be as good as it should but we will keep on buying it. Watch some of the 2k13 video's then tell me if NHL 13 is even close to that product.. its not

GM Mode and Be a Pro are basically unplayable for me, NHL is so lazy that it cant take a couple hours adjust prospects ranking accordingly. Not to mention prospects being no where near NHL ready.

tututooter21

Aug 18, 2010
B.C.
This game will never be as good as it should but we will keep on buying it. Watch some of the 2k13 video's then tell me if NHL 13 is even close to that product.. its not

GM Mode and Be a Pro are basically unplayable for me, NHL is so lazy that it cant take a couple hours adjust prospects ranking accordingly. Not to mention prospects being no where near NHL ready.
Id probably buy 2K13 but there isnt one, you should know what your posting bud

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Vision Control
NHL ready prospects
Players asking for trades in Be a GM
Players refusing to resign in Be a GM
Realistic Hits
Players 6 foot or below having the ability to hit in EASHL
Goalies that dont let in every weak or bad angle shot
Faster menu's in GM Connected
Fix the draft priority list so it doesn't reset when you look at a players details
Less injuries in Be a GM & GM connected
Players in the 5th-7th round having the ability to become an NHLer
Have a button, other than right stick, start net battles/holding players in front of the net

I could go on, sadly.

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Get Bruce Boudreau angry -mode

- Idea: play as bad as you can with Anaheim and see how many times Boudreau says **** in the intermission. The more F-bombs Bruce drops the higher the score :laugh:

Is there NTC currently in Be a GM? If not than that could be included.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Some more things for BaGM:

- Fix board play. It's total garbage. A guy shouldn't be able to reach out and pin me against the boards when I'm going full speed. Especially if the player with the puck is 6'4 and the other guy is 5'9.

- Better indication of who is AHL eligible and who isn't when I'm dealing with contracts. If it's there, I'm missing it completely. I see it during the year, but not during the re-sign period.

- ECHL team. When you get further into a BaGM, it's a pain in the ass to try and fit every 20+ year old prospect you have onto the roster. Especially when the AI automatically adds minor leaguers. It'd be nice to be able to send some of the future 3rd liners down to the ECHL.

- Make the stick a physical object, instead of something that can regularly pass through the bodies of people.

- Balance out the AI. It's absurd how easily the CPU can knock me off the puck, while it's a miracle if I can do the same, even with the sliders maxed out in either direction. Same applies for how fast defenders can skate backwards and recover. A guy who is 6'9 and is 79 overall with a speed of 78 shouldn't be able to skate backwards as fast as Carl Hagelin can skate forward. Especially if he's caught flat footed.

- Allow me to outright reject trades so they don't keep popping up. I don't care how many times Winnipeg offers me Ron Hainsey for some combination of 1st rounders or top prospects. I don't want him.

- More strategy options. Being able to pick between different attack types for the PP is nice, but when the AI sticks Brad Richards in front of the net instead of Ryan Callahan, it's rather pointless.

- Re-do the physics engine. You duffed it the first time. Just admit that and rework it.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

The production value of this game is terrible, even when you match it up against other EA franchises. Madden, NCAA Football, FIFA, etc, all blow NHL out of the water in terms of animation, physics, and overall gameplay.

Sure, they have no competition now that 2k folded it's NHL franchise, but considering the job 2k has done with it's NBA series in the same situation, EA NHL should be embarrassed on many fronts.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Some more things for BaGM:

- Fix board play. It's total garbage. A guy shouldn't be able to reach out and pin me against the boards when I'm going full speed. Especially if the player with the puck is 6'4 and the other guy is 5'9.

- Better indication of who is AHL eligible and who isn't when I'm dealing with contracts. If it's there, I'm missing it completely. I see it during the year, but not during the re-sign period.

- ECHL team. When you get further into a BaGM, it's a pain in the ass to try and fit every 20+ year old prospect you have onto the roster. Especially when the AI automatically adds minor leaguers. It'd be nice to be able to send some of the future 3rd liners down to the ECHL.

- Make the stick a physical object, instead of something that can regularly pass through the bodies of people.

- Balance out the AI. It's absurd how easily the CPU can knock me off the puck, while it's a miracle if I can do the same, even with the sliders maxed out in either direction. Same applies for how fast defenders can skate backwards and recover. A guy who is 6'9 and is 79 overall with a speed of 78 shouldn't be able to skate backwards as fast as Carl Hagelin can skate forward. Especially if he's caught flat footed.

- Allow me to outright reject trades so they don't keep popping up. I don't care how many times Winnipeg offers me Ron Hainsey for some combination of 1st rounders or top prospects. I don't want him.

- More strategy options. Being able to pick between different attack types for the PP is nice, but when the AI sticks Brad Richards in front of the net instead of Ryan Callahan, it's rather pointless.

- Re-do the physics engine. You duffed it the first time. Just admit that and rework it.

I agree completely. I've lost games because when the stick goes through me, the puck goes with it.

As for the PP thing, its awful, the LW and RW seem to interchange between fighting in front of the net while the center is off in lala-land.

I love getting the same trades over and over again and having my reputation dropped because I won't give up my offensive defenseman for a 2nd.

HardcoreHab

A Man With No Plan
Dec 15, 2005
Kingston, ON
My two biggest issues year in and year out:

• Stats. More in game stats. The stats tracking is WAY too simple.
    1. In HUT mode, I would like an option to see all stats for all players I've used. I don't want to know how many goals he got for another user. I want to know how he's played for me. I want to compare him to guys in and out of my lineup. So, I want to see all guys in my collection and not just the guys on current roster.
    2. In Be a GM, historical stats for players. Not just the past few seasons or whatever. But a detailed list of stats so when I sim a dynasty, I actually have true stats to analyze and examine.
  • Penalty killing. For years, the powerplay has been so poorly programmed into the game that short-handed goals come in bunches.

Also, while somewhat cosmetic, I'd love to hear the play by play and commentary re-worked. Adding the KHL and NCAA would be cool and appreciated, but it's not necessary.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
My two biggest issues year in and year out:

• Stats. More in game stats. The stats tracking is WAY too simple.
    1. In HUT mode, I would like an option to see all stats for all players I've used. I don't want to know how many goals he got for another user. I want to know how he's played for me. I want to compare him to guys in and out of my lineup. So, I want to see all guys in my collection and not just the guys on current roster.
    2. In Be a GM, historical stats for players. Not just the past few seasons or whatever. But a detailed list of stats so when I sim a dynasty, I actually have true stats to analyze and examine.
  • Penalty killing. For years, the powerplay has been so poorly programmed into the game that short-handed goals come in bunches.

Also, while somewhat cosmetic, I'd love to hear the play by play and commentary re-worked. Adding the KHL and NCAA would be cool and appreciated, but it's not necessary.

Heh, not any more...I've had 2-on-0's stopped by unrealistic goalie saves or the defender 10 feet behind, diving 20 feet to get his stick on the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad