Wishlist

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Fix the freaking load times. It shouldn't take 45 seconds to sim a single day!

If you are on the PS3 experiencing that issue, then you aren't alone - apparently it's a known issue that they were tweeting about over the weekend; I wonder if that's something that will be patched because that's quite ridiculous.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
AI

Actually fix the AI, and by fix the AI I actually mean fix it unlike their pathetic attempt this year

I like this game a lot, but seriously sometimes playing the high level AI is just not even fun. my AI is so dumb and useless, yet theirs is unbelievable. they will hit me 5 times in a matter of 3 seconds til im knocked off the puck. ill deke them and then when im on a breakaway somehow level me from behind and ill go flying

Or if i skate too close to their d they will literally just take the puck from me... not hit me, not lift my stick, not poke check, just literally take the puck... how come humans cant do this?

Also all of the AI clogs up in front of the net, including my own damn players, and I can never get a shot through... Allow for more customization of AI in game where I can tell my stupid ass players to get out of the way. This would help with EASHL or position locked modes too, when you are losing by a goal and your team is icing it on the PK with 30 seconds left.

its just bs...

EASHL

Its probably been said in years past but it would be really cool to actually be able to customize your AI a little. As your team levels up, your AI should get a little better, and you should be able to chose what type of player your AI at each position is before each game. You can have set ones made in advance, even with names you created.

Needs to be a benefit for winning each championship... Amateur gives you an OK prize, Pro a better prize, Elite a great prize. What they are I'm not entirely sure but they could do something cool like use that face generator thing online to allow you to make your skater have your face if you win the elite tourney.

HUT

And as far as HUT goes I like the no contracts, it makes it fun and when I use my good players for an easy tourney once in awhile I dont feel bad like I am wasting them. But I am afraid of the markt getting too full of good players, but whatever. I love how they are actually difficult to get in this game.

I would like to see different training though, the one game ******** is worthless. If I add plus 7 shoot to Brian Campbell for one game and he doesnt score a goal or an assist then its like I wasted it haha. The odds of a training card ever actually earning you an extra goal are sooooo slim when they're only good one game.

I'd like to see different cards for different time, like contracts. For example, plus 5 shoot for 3 games would be a cheap one. +2 All for 30 games would be a high end training card. And at the end the card expires, they go back as they were.

Also having salary in this game is kind of bull too. Since you cant beef up prospects permanantly, it would be impossible to sustain a good team with 4 good lines and 3 good pairings for under the cap.

Last edited:

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
How about actually seeing what the player's ratings are in a trade? To me trade value is near meaningless, I want to see his ratings and stats to judge if I'm getting a good deal of not without having to click "edit trade" and then pray that the AI doesn't go "we feel the adjustments you made are unreasonable." when I didn't change a thing. :facepalm:
I also miss goalie fatigue but with the way EA put in the GM brain, I don't think I want to find out how they'll put in goalie fatigue.
Can we just hope that the KHL gets someone to make a game if nothing else?

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Put multiple dressing rooms back into EASHL damn it.

I did like that in NHL 10. I really don't understand the need to take it out. It's a video game, if the kids want to play 4 club games at once then let them. I really could care less about the leaderboard because to me the game is about having fun and playing good, clean hockey.
I'm a goon, I really can't play clean but it is still fun.
Why did they take out the multiple dressing rooms anyway?

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I did like that in NHL 10. I really don't understand the need to take it out. It's a video game, if the kids want to play 4 club games at once then let them. I really could care less about the leaderboard because to me the game is about having fun and playing good, clean hockey.
I'm a goon, I really can't play clean but it is still fun.
Why did they take out the multiple dressing rooms anyway?

They took it out because the multiple dressing rooms made it so you could climb the ranks quickly..

Simple solution : Make it so any match after the first one doesn't count towards the leaderboards

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
- Contract extensions during the season
- Better drafting system, it would be awesome if you could scout 1 player specifically and see what he needs to improve and what his strenghs are. For example, I want to scout Sean Monahan of the 67's so my scouting staff would provide me with a scouting report on him. I like that they divided it into six categories but a bit of info on him would be great. So let's say... great 2way centreman, amazing poise with the puck, solid in all three zones. accurrate shot. Something like that.
- Obviously true performance skating is awesome but I'm sure it can only get better.
- Custom goalie masks. Allow us to edit the masks by moving the logo, names on the chin area sort of like Price or Kipper, changing the colors,etc. You get the point.
- WJC for be a pro, Im not sure if it's a licensing thing or not but it would be sick. - Hitting engine needs fixing.
- Keep track of your prospects stats while in junior to see if the are developing nicely. For example, high 1st rounder not living up to expectations. Obviously, it would allow to know if he's worth a ELC or let him re-enter the draft.

Thats all I have for now

It's easy for them to make both the WJC and Olympics/WC. Just call them the "EA National Junior Tournament" ("The Goodwill Games" :sarcasm:) etc. and then we know what it actually is but it keeps the licensing correct.

All I want is for my BaP team not to get ripped apart once I get there. I want some good players to stick around for a while.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
How about actually seeing what the player's ratings are in a trade? To me trade value is near meaningless, I want to see his ratings and stats to judge if I'm getting a good deal of not without having to click "edit trade" and then pray that the AI doesn't go "we feel the adjustments you made are unreasonable." when I didn't change a thing. :facepalm:
I also miss goalie fatigue but with the way EA put in the GM brain, I don't think I want to find out how they'll put in goalie fatigue.
Can we just hope that the KHL gets someone to make a game if nothing else?

You can see the overall at the trade screen

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
-Take Be a Pro out of the game.

-Completely revamp Be a GM, from top to bottom.

-Minor gameplay tweaks. I don't think the gameplay is as bad as everyone thinks it is, but I would like to see little things get addressed - penalties, CPU aggression, hitting, etc.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
You can see the overall at the trade screen

You can see it when the AI offers you a trade and you have the options to accept, deny, or edit? I must be missing it then. I'll take a look when I get a chance to play the game again.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
-Take Be a Pro out of the game.

-Completely revamp Be a GM, from top to bottom.

-Minor gameplay tweaks. I don't think the gameplay is as bad as everyone thinks it is, but I would like to see little things get addressed - penalties, CPU aggression, hitting, etc.

Why take be a pro out?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
You can see it when the AI offers you a trade and you have the options to accept, deny, or edit? I must be missing it then. I'll take a look when I get a chance to play the game again.

Yeah - you are missing it. It's there. It's one of the add-ons that I specifically looked for in 13 compared to 12. And it's def there.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
For be a pro: allow club decisions to be made by the player. We shouldn't be forced to play for a gm with a single digit IQ.

Edit: dont turn it into full gm mode, but allow us to veto trades and request to resign players. Im 100% sure the blues wouldn't let shattenkirk and petro go next season.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
One thing I really want in Be A Pro is that you can simulated the whole year and not automatically get dropped to the 3rd line, AHL, Junior because of poor play when through simulation you get great stats. Like in 12, I created myself and made me a playmaking center with all my stats at 99. I put myself on the Sea Dogs in the QMJHL, and finished the year with 55G, 78A, and +89 completely through simulation. Even though I had literally a point or more per game, I was playing on the 3rd line because I wasn't "motivated". I'm pretty sure with those stats I'm a hard working, motivated player.

Also, I want to negotiate contracts, being able to say "no" and list how much $$ you want and years. I hate going into free agency and getting 4-5 offers ($7-8mil for 6 years) from terrible teams (Columbus, Anaheim, Florida, Phoenix, Calgary) and having to choose one. They have typically low rated players and its just no fun to play. Also, the gameplay is just missing that one little thing that's bringing it above and beyond when it comes to addictive gameplay...

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
-Getting kicked out of the faceoff circle
-Calling off icings
-Intentional off-sides.
-If the D gets involved in scrums in the offensive zone, the faceoff is outside the zone

Most these are simple enough to add. Faceoffs, if you cheat you get kicked out. If the person after you cheats, you get a delay of game penalty. For waiving icings, input some sort of speed sensor so if the player slows down, the icing is called off. For intentional offsides, input some sort of timer. If you see the "offsides" warning for a while and still touch the puck, or if the player stays in the zone for a certain amount of seconds and still touches the puck, the faceoff goes to the defensive zone.
The last one isn't really necessary, it just adds a little more realism. There has to be some recognition though. Like if the other team checks a defenseman at the blue-line, that shouldn't count. But if the defenseman actively skates to the crease area and starts face-washing or checking people, then the faceoff should go outside.

Last edited:

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Add a little depth to the create a team mode. It's been the exact same for like 6 years.

2004 had more options than the next gen games.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
This is just some of my pet peeves, not nearly all of them.

More player faces

Sticks that can't go through players...Makes playing defence lame

Goalies don't fall on their ass to make every save

Computer AI and your own should be the same

No rubberband effect

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I would like it if they made it so that the CPU D didn't cheat when playing defence. They can take the puck away from you without poke-checking, sticklifting, or hitting you. They just snatch it away. Why can they do that but we can't? It really bugs me.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
AI

Actually fix the AI, and by fix the AI I actually mean fix it unlike their pathetic attempt this year

I like this game a lot, but seriously sometimes playing the high level AI is just not even fun. my AI is so dumb and useless, yet theirs is unbelievable. they will hit me 5 times in a matter of 3 seconds til im knocked off the puck. ill deke them and then when im on a breakaway somehow level me from behind and ill go flying

Or if i skate too close to their d they will literally just take the puck from me... not hit me, not lift my stick, not poke check, just literally take the puck... how come humans cant do this?

Also all of the AI clogs up in front of the net, including my own damn players, and I can never get a shot through... Allow for more customization of AI in game where I can tell my stupid ass players to get out of the way. This would help with EASHL or position locked modes too, when you are losing by a goal and your team is icing it on the PK with 30 seconds left.

its just bs...

All of this. It's out of hand. Why can't my players tip in the puck with the same ease the CPU does? All my teammates do is block my shots, clog the front of the net or get in my way. Never get open, never give any puck support.

Lose the board play if I can't have a teammate come help me out with an outlet or battle.

If I win a race to a bouncing puck, let me pick it up. Don't just magnet it to the computer swooping in 3 seconds later.

I shouldn't have to puck check, hit, poke check, chase and get in lanes only for the CPU to retrieve the puck instantly every time. Once in a while, let me steal it. Aggravating. Poking the puck away for it to fly off their stick and right onto one of their teammates is frustrating as hell.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Why take be a pro out?

Because it's a useless game mode that has barely progressed since it's introduction to the series a few years ago.

Go look at some of the other career modes from other games and how well they do theirs. NBA 2k13? Phenomenal. Instead, we get this. It's a broken game mode full of issues, and I would much rather seem then dump it rather than waste time and resources giving it the typical gloss over they do every year.

Either eliminate it all together, or build it up from the ground up. It's current iteration is terrible. I envy those of you who can play through it, because every time I attempt to, I just get frustrated

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Please fix the AI in Be a GM. Either don't update it at all, or fix it right.

The AI in Be a GM is still flawed. For example, I'm doing a trade proposal, and I give them player A, Player B, and a 2012 2nd rounder. They decline. I change it to a 2012 3rd rounder (since they are "interested" in a 3rd), and they accept. What the heck?!?

Also, fix the freaking waivers. Brad Richards getting put on waivers is soooo realistic.... :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad