Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part IV

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
40m for Kulusevski? Haha.

I like his potential. But 40m? Almost as stupid as paying 30m for Emerson.

Reactions: gary69

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Kulusevski is a solid player and target, but not sure what the point of him is when you have Bergjwin?!

- Yeah, Auba didn't go to Dubai and that is making a crazy amount of circulation of rumours. AC Milan, Juve, and Barca are biggest clubs in for him. Barca want Morata as their first target before they turn to Auba, what I failure of a football club Barcelona has turned into. Auba would score 40 if he got to play with Fati, Gavi, and Pedri.

- Isak does not want to leave Sociedad and why the rumours of Osimhen have surfaced. Arsenal still linked to him and supposedly the sources say that Napoli would take the money if Arsenal do come in with an official bid. There might've been a falling out behind closed doors between him, Napoli, and Nigeria when Pizza Planet FC didn't loan him out to AFCON.

- Out of nowhere, the latest rumours from England is that Arsenal are the favourites to sign Douglas Luiz. Ruben Neves is the secondary target, but Wolves supposedly want 60-70 million pounds for him (which is crazy talk).

- Matt Turner deal is done, but he'll be coming in summer and not now.

- Arsenal kicking the tyres on Cody Gakpo (KFC also after him). When was the last time we bought a Dutch player? Potential scouting report on him @Ajacied ? He's got insane stats for his age.

- Savio will be an Arsenal target in summer if he makes it there. 60 million pounds release clause, insane for a 17 year old. @John Pedro report mate? Maybe you already did one and I missed it (apologies if did).

- Saliba declined a permanent deal from OM, wants to play for the Arsenal next season.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What has Berge to do with anything? He was 20 something million by the way.

I don't mind the idea of Kulusevski. But he is a young player that has lost his momentum a bit. Spurs would obviously be hoping to get him back on track. Fair enough. But you don't pay 40m for that.

It would make Kulusevski one of the most expensive Spurs transfers ever :laugh:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

I don't mind the idea of Kulusevski. But he is a young player that has lost his momentum a bit. Spurs would obviously be hoping to get him back on track. Fair enough. But you don't pay 40m for that.

What ever happend with Berge? He was supposed to be super good. He still plays for Sheffield.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Because his talent is just as good as Kulusevki and in some parts even better. Kulu is very good two-way player, but he doesn't have the dribble or creative skills that Bergie does.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
40m for Kulusevski? Haha.

I like his potential. But 40m? Almost as stupid as paying 30m for Emerson.

It would be kind of silly but Juve is just asking Paratici to give back what he paid for Kulu in the first place. I kinda get their logic.

That being said I’d never pay that. Attackers who are in amazing form cost that much, not struggling players.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Because his talent is just as good as Kulusevki and in some parts even better. Kulu is very good two-way player, but he doesn't have the dribble or creative skills that Bergie does.

20m or something is a different story.

Berge when sold was on his way up. Kulusevski has clearly struggled and not lived up to his potential (yet).

40m is not a small fee. For Spurs that is placing him among the most expensive transfers ever (a bit depending on the exchange rate). Kulusevski might be a star two years from now, but there is a huge might and Spurs are not rich enough to pay 40m for such a player. It would be silly.

Then again most things this window seems to be rather silly from Spurs.

Lo Celso on a loan with half his salary covered? Beyond idiotic.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I used to think he was going to become a very very good player. Should be said on limited number of viewings - so not like I was certain he would be. Still - seems like a player worth to take a punt on.

You can have 5-6 Zakarias for one Kulusevski. Can’t be all that bad of a deal :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
- Sport1 says BMG have turned down Juve's "opening offer" for Zakaria.

- Finn Ole Becker will be joining TSG from St Pauli.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wonder how much they want considering he leaves on a free.

Tici special

My guess: it's more about BMG still debating whether selling him is worth it at this point or if they should just hold onto him for the ruckrunde to make sure they don't slide into the relegation race. Hüdder is fighting to keep him until the summer and apparently he's not alone.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haha. I got to admit I used to think Bentancur would become very good as well.

I wouldn’t mind him either, but again the fee is crazy.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
My guess: it's more about BMG still debating whether selling him is worth it at this point or if they should just hold onto him for the ruckrunde to make sure they don't slide into the relegation race. Hüdder is fighting to keep him until the summer and apparently he's not alone.

It makes sense.

Paying Juventus back for the players they don’t want anymore?

He needs to pay back for what he has ruined.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It makes sense.

He needs to pay back for what he has ruined.

FWIW he should be much more McKennie than Rabiot/Ramsey/Arthur whether you bring him in now or only secure a pre-contract for the summer. Last year was a struggle for him and that lack of form/confidence bled into the Euros, but the two seasons prior he was excellent and he's been back in that form this campaign.

Unless BMG have done a very good job of keeping quiet that he's a real scumbag, I don't get why any club that needs a 6 hasn't been in on him...like he's exactly what BorussiaCorp's roster is missing behind their more advanced midfielders; great mobility, press resistant on the ball, a secure distributor with a significant passing radius, and when he pushes up to overload an attacking zone, he has the skill to help create danger.

If he were under contract, he'd be a steal at 40M+

Last edited:
Reactions: Juve

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
FWIW he should be much more McKennie than Rabiot/Ramsey/Arthur whether you bring him in now or only secure a pre-contract for the summer. Last year was a struggle for him and that lack of form/confidence bled into the Euros, but the two seasons prior he was excellent and he's been back in that form this campaign.

Unless BMG have done a very good job of keeping quiet that he's a real scumbag, I don't get why any club that needs a 6 hasn't been in on him...like he's exactly what BorussiaCorp's roster is missing behind their more advanced midfielders; great mobility, press resistant on the ball, a secure distributor with a significant passing radius, and when he pushes up to overload an attack zone, he has the skill to help create danger.

If he were under contract, he'd be a steal at 40M+

Zakaria had a major knee injury(after colliding knee on knee with Gladbach keeper Sommer) in 2020.
Because of that and the fact that covid hit he stayed with the club instead of going somewhere for 40 - 60 million euros.

Last season he hardly played because he was out until November and needed the rest of the season to get back to 100%.
This season he started out well and has shown he's back at 100%, but like most others on the team he's made some mistakes.

BTW: Patrick Berger's reporting that we turned down those €7M(including bonuses) and that Juve's working on another offer.

Though, I'd say that's a pretty common thing during negotiations cause no one hardly agrees to the first offer anyways.

Reactions: Juve

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I am not sure if I should get excited or not. I got excited when Juve signed Ramsey, Rabiot and Arthur.

They get all the best Italian players every year and still need more? Is Locatelli not good enough now? I still want him on the Arsenal.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Now Douglas Luiz is on Spurs’ list :laugh:

One really could not make this up.

Thankfully Spurs aren’t going to buy every average player they are linked to - for ridiculous fees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad