Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part IV

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Tiago Tomas to Stuttgart is almost done according to Kicker. Loan + 14M buy option; which will make him VFB's record purchase when triggered.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Nketiah being linked to Newcastle, Auba to Barca, only Laca really playing for the club... Yet nothing done to address the striker issue with 3 days left in the window.... Come on Arsenal

Reactions: S E P H

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I like Kulusevski too but he and Diaz don't play the same position. So it's a little weird to go from targeting one to the other.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I don’t agree. Virgil and Alisson just extended. They are doing Salah last because everyone knows he will get the most
I know they just extended. But Salah’s contract, if he stays, will signal that LFC are willing to make exceptions to their wage structure for world beaters. It will create an opportunity for the agents of other world beaters at LFC.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Origi needs to go but everyone already knows what I think of Taki. I do not see the point of letting him leave. He's only just now started to be put in position to succeed and he's done extremely well. I also think he's a vital part to bring in for a CM in the last twenty minutes of the game when we're chasing a goal. So yeah, I don't like it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Origi needs to go but everyone already knows what I think of Taki. I do not see the point of letting him leave. He's only just now started to be put in position to succeed and he's done extremely well. I also think he's a vital part to bring in for a CM in the last twenty minutes of the game when we're chasing a goal. So yeah, I don't like it.
I don’t mind it as loan as it’s a sale and not a loan. Got to remember Harvey Elliott is coming back and will get Takumi’s minutes. Goes without say Harvey is the more important piece for the club especially long term

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
For Spurs Diaz and Kulusevski would fill the same role - as one of two players behind Kane.

I don’t know Diaz, but I don’t think that is an issue. From what I can gather from reading about Diaz Kulusevski seems to be the better fit in terms of style (not quality - at least not as of today). It keeps Son etc.

Again. I don’t want either of them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For Spurs Diaz and Kulusevski would fill the same role - as one of two players behind Kane.

I don’t know Diaz, but I don’t think that is an issue. From what I can gather from reading about Diaz Kulusevski seems to be the better fit in terms of style (not quality - at least not as of today). It keeps Son etc.

Again. I don’t want either of them.
This is absolutely a ridiculous position from Tottenham is that’s their train of thought. That’s like saying we can have an eagle or a penguin because they are both birds. There is no plan there at all.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
This is absolutely a ridiculous position from Tottenham is that’s their train of thought. That’s like saying we can have an eagle or a penguin because they are both birds. There is no plan there at all.

Well. There are many things I find ridiculous from Spurs these days. So no argument there as a general comment. Just the fact that we are after these players is one.

As for one or the other. First of all I don’t believe teams are built with THAT strict of a role structure. Secondly this window is not the end of all windows. So you can always adjust later if needed.

My guess is that they figured Diaz suddenly became available at the end of a window - and wanted to try and see if they could get something done before bigger clubs got involved. That part I don’t mind. I just wish it was for a player playing basically anywhere else on the pitch.

Kulusevski I don’t know. Might be they figure Juventus got to offload someone and that a deal is available. I don’t mind that either if the price is right.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Lyon will get 42.5M immediately from the Bruno transfer and 8M at season's end if Newcastle doesn't get relegated.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
This is so absurd.

Jim Benning got an Italian cousin or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00