Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kind of odd that Spurs could very well have 5 players in the English national team's starting line-up:

Walker
Rose
Dier (not considered home grown because he grew up in Portugal)
Alli
Kane

But still they might actually run out of home grown players.

As it stands they got Walker, Rose, Alli (will soon turn 21 - not sure if he is considered under 21 or not next year), Kane, Davies, Trippier and Winks (same as with Alli).

So even Spurs with such a significant imprint on the English national team is struggling to find enough English talent if they want to have a full 25 man squad.

Therefore you end up with players like Barkely and Fabian Delph being highly valuable. It makes more sense with Barkely than Zaha I guess - who has also been linked to Spurs lately.

If this in the end benefits England I'm not so sure. He is a key player for Everton, but right now he would be on the bench for Spurs. Not that I can see Spurs paying 50m (or whatever) on a guy who would basically be Eriksen's back-up. Even if they spent a ridiculous amount of money on Sissoko.

You forgot Cameron Carter-Vickers and Josh Onomah who are full time first team players. I think Kyle Walker-Peters and Marcus Edwards will also join their first team full time next season. I don't think Spurs is a good example. They have a lot of young English talent and use a number of them. A team like Chelsea might be a better example for the point you are making.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You forgot Cameron Carter-Vickers and Josh Onomah who are full time first team players. I think Kyle Walker-Peters and Marcus Edwards will also join their first team full time next season. I don't think Spurs is a good example. They have a lot of young English talent and use a number of them. A team like Chelsea might be a better example for the point you are making.

Not forgetting them. They are not counting towards the 8 as long as they are under 21.

Not that you necessarily need 8. But even Spurs could quite quickly run out of quality home grown players. Doesn't take much.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Speaking of silky midfielders that real has been squandering...is there any news about Kovacec moving this summer?

And Evilo, have there been any rumors of clubs coming in to raid Nice after this magical season they're having?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Speaking of silky midfielders that real has been squandering...is there any news about Kovacec moving this summer?

And Evilo, have there been any rumors of clubs coming in to raid Nice after this magical season they're having?
Not really. If Nice catches the CL (more than likely, but there's a preliminary round first), they should keep most of the core, except for Balotelli (booted out) and maybe Belhanda.
Some teams would be wise to buy their young talent, but again, those guys are better off staying one more year with Nice and play the CL as starters rather than ride the bench at PSG or Monaco.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Ricardo Pereira is Porto's property, they'd most likely be more than happy to have him back.

Man City and Man Utd are rumored to be after Anotnio Rudiger of AS Roma.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Kovacic?

Apparently PSG and Napoli have asked about him.

If Isco stays in Madrid, I doubt he (Kovacic) stays.
Modric still has 2 or so years at this peak left (hopefully), I don't think that Real can afford to have both of them (Kovacic and Isco) on the bench.

It has to be frustrating for those guys...
Kovacic was Real's best player in their win vs Sociedad (goal and an assist), got one start since then (with Isco, fantastic assist for Isco's goal) and than again nothing since.

I mean, you can't blame Zidane for playing Modric and Kroos as much as he can as La Liga is so competitive, but you can understand if these boys want to leave to play as starters somewhere else.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
We have too many attacking MF's.

And it's hard no to start Luka and Kroos, but since we love injuries, having Isco and James is quite handy lol

Isco has been playing better lately; he used to hold onto the ball for too long but you can tell he has really improved on his decision making

Keeping or letting Kovacic go is tricky; he has always been great for us and he is younger than Modric

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Lyanco's been sold to Torino, 6M + 2M addons. Really promising CB, strong, fast, kinda reminds me of prime Lucio, has dual citizenship (Serbian and Brazilian), too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I suppose if Isco (and Hamez) leave it would make sense for Kovacic to stick around as the primary back up to Modric & Kroos, and the eventual replacement for one of them. But he really should be playing a lot more than he is...it makes it hard for me not to wonder how differently things would stand right now if he had joined BVB last summer. That spot is their biggest need and he'd get plenty of PT under Tuchel to continue to grow.

Not really. If Nice catches the CL (more than likely, but there's a preliminary round first), they should keep most of the core, except for Balotelli (booted out) and maybe Belhanda.
Some teams would be wise to buy their young talent, but again, those guys are better off staying one more year with Nice and play the CL as starters rather than ride the bench at PSG or Monaco.

Surprised bigger/richer teams aren't circling around those young midfielders. Cyprien seems like exactly the type of player richer clubs would swoop in for after a season like this one; Walter leaves a good impression most times that I've seen him & has just two seasons left on his deal; and Koziello has shown some truly spectacular skill & creativity, which combined with not being any every match starter & having just 1 year left on his contract, would make me think he could be looking at a move as well...I'm still hoping that BMG can pull the little frenchman in if they don't snag someone like Amiri or Barkok instead.

Seri is a quality player to, even if he isn't as young as those first three.

With CL football, a great coach to learn under, and PT to be had; I wouldn't expect them all to flee. But I am surprised that there aren't a ton of clubs testing the club's resolve to keep those kids, and seeing 1 or 2 sold after a season like this one seems like the way this story usually goes.

From the games I've seen him he mostly was playing RB. I personally don't think he'd succeed with either.

I know he's been playing RB, where he doesn't have to think as much and can get by more on just his running; but he's still so dumb out there. I'd hate to see him ever on the pitch for the NT, because he'd be a massive weak point in our possession that cheaply ended many attacking movements...nevermind the goals we'd likely leak due to his stupidity.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
watching bolivia vs colombia and just mentioned "breaking news" Messi not comming back to barca next season.

im not really following tfootball transfers but any rumors where he could end? or are they jut talking ****.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
watching bolivia vs colombia and just mentioned "breaking news" Messi not comming back to barca next season.

im not really following tfootball transfers but any rumors where he could end? or are they jut talking ****.

Considering that the only source so far is some non-specified South American TV station, I'd put the odds of it being bull**** at somewhere north of 99%.

If not, he's obviously looking to fulfill his secret life-long dream of playing next to his idol, the one and only, Thomas Müller in Munich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad