Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lol, paying more than 10M for someone who's always injured is pushing it.
If a team was paying 30M€ for Pastore they'd be crazy. And I can tell you when he plays, he's absolutely fantastic. But you have to be pragmatic.

But again, some people are trying to say City signs some bargains. I'll give that stat again : KDB cost more by himself than the whole Monaco starting XI.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sooooo PSG wants to buy Mbappé for 70-80M€...

LOL, he's out of your league guys :laugh:

Exactly what I find stupid in PSG's transfer policy. They have the best pool of young players to dip in, and they went for guys like Lucas and ignored the Dembélé or the Mbappés until they're worth too much money anyway.
Absolutely no anticipation.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Sooooo PSG wants to buy Mbappé for 70-80M€...

LOL, he's out of your league guys :laugh:

Exactly what I find stupid in PSG's transfer policy. They have the best pool of young players to dip in, and they went for guys like Lucas and ignored the Dembélé or the Mbappés until they're worth too much money anyway.
Absolutely no anticipation.

Mbappé doesn't look like a good fit at winger and PSG already has Cavani at CF so he doesn't make much sense besides the fact that he's really good and has some serious potential.

Now, Ousmane Dembélé would be amazing with Draxler and Cavani.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some rumors here say that Bayern, United, Real and Inter have inquired about Bernardo Silva. Monaco asks for 80M€.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well every club needs homegrown players, so every one that is actually good enough to play is at a premium.

Kind of odd that Spurs could very well have 5 players in the English national team's starting line-up:

Walker
Rose
Dier (not considered home grown because he grew up in Portugal)
Alli
Kane

But still they might actually run out of home grown players.

As it stands they got Walker, Rose, Alli (will soon turn 21 - not sure if he is considered under 21 or not next year), Kane, Davies, Trippier and Winks (same as with Alli).

So even Spurs with such a significant imprint on the English national team is struggling to find enough English talent if they want to have a full 25 man squad.

Therefore you end up with players like Barkely and Fabian Delph being highly valuable. It makes more sense with Barkely than Zaha I guess - who has also been linked to Spurs lately.

If this in the end benefits England I'm not so sure. He is a key player for Everton, but right now he would be on the bench for Spurs. Not that I can see Spurs paying 50m (or whatever) on a guy who would basically be Eriksen's back-up. Even if they spent a ridiculous amount of money on Sissoko.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Some rumors here say that Bayern, United, Real and Inter have inquired about Bernardo Silva. Monaco asks for 80M€.

How would you characterize those rumors, do they seem believable to you? Would you think he's realistic/likely to leave at price like / near that?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Nainggolan told the media that if the premier league gives him the money he wants then he'll come and that conte has already been in contact

We really need a new right wing back

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Nainggolan told the media that if the premier league gives him the money he wants then he'll come and that conte has already been in contact

We really need a new right wing back

Seems to me that Chelsea could use another central midfielder as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How would you characterize those rumors, do they seem believable to you? Would you think he's realistic/likely to leave at price like / near that?

Frankly, a lot of it depends on Monaco. If they can sell Martial for 70M€ (which will be the fee in the end), I can understand why they want more for Bernardo, Lemar and Mbappé.
Also depending on what Monaco achieves this season. Players are tax free, well paid and in a marvelous situation. They'll move if they think they can start for a bigger team, but what if Monaco wins everything this year?
Also with a year to go before the WC, many won't move because they don't want to be a backup somewhere.
So I'm really not sure Bernardo moves, but if he does, it'll cost a fortune indeed.
As for which team, he hasn't given much of a hint of where he'd like to go, but since he's portugese, you can expect Spain to be his 1st priority (that's just me guessing however).
But does he go to Real to face the competition of Bale or move to a team where he could start but still bigger than Monaco or does he stay put for at least another year and enjoy the life of Mediterrean sun, offensive football, and championships?

If Monaco had more fans, they could take the next step and move among the best teams in the world. But they don't. And at some point, players will want to move.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Frankly, a lot of it depends on Monaco. If they can sell Martial for 70M€ (which will be the fee in the end), I can understand why they want more for Bernardo, Lemar and Mbappé.
Also depending on what Monaco achieves this season. Players are tax free, well paid and in a marvelous situation. They'll move if they think they can start for a bigger team, but what if Monaco wins everything this year?
Also with a year to go before the WC, many won't move because they don't want to be a backup somewhere.
So I'm really not sure Bernardo moves, but if he does, it'll cost a fortune indeed.
As for which team, he hasn't given much of a hint of where he'd like to go, but since he's portugese, you can expect Spain to be his 1st priority (that's just me guessing however).
But does he go to Real to face the competition of Bale or move to a team where he could start but still bigger than Monaco or does he stay put for at least another year and enjoy the life of Mediterrean sun, offensive football, and championships?

If Monaco had more fans, they could take the next step and move among the best teams in the world. But they don't. And at some point, players will want to move.

Sounds all very reasonable. I guess it's something to keep tabs on, without holding one's breath.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Seems to me that Chelsea could use another central midfielder as well.

Reports are they are going after Bakayoko. Balague reported that we've agreed to terms with him and L’Equipe, we've made a 38m euro bid + another 5m in add-ons. There's enough smoke there to believe he's a serious target.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I read that as well a few months ago. Not sure if they're still interested however. Ghezzal has been pretty horrible this year.

As for Bakayoko, lots of teams want him. But again, a wise move for him would be to stay put for another year. He's now established on the french NT depth chart and a move out could hurt his status and playing time.

Right now Monaco players are the cream of Europe. They're both fun to watch and producing. A year before the WC, it will take massive offers for them to move out and risk that status.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I read that as well a few months ago. Not sure if they're still interested however. Ghezzal has been pretty horrible this year.

As for Bakayoko, lots of teams want him. But again, a wise move for him would be to stay put for another year. He's now established on the french NT depth chart and a move out could hurt his status and playing time.

Right now Monaco players are the cream of Europe. They're both fun to watch and producing. A year before the WC, it will take massive offers for them to move out and risk that status.

Saw this recent touite earlier today

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/844553705429094400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad