Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - October-December

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That was my assumption
The problem is that the MLS doesn't have Oil Tycoon Families. CR7 would have been a massive get for the MLS even if he's on the wrong side of his thirties, so this is a pretty big loss for the league I suggest.
View attachment 628563

He desperately wants that Arsenal move
Anyone in a war zone would want a move tbf, but he ain't wrong. This picture got me thinking in terms of Howe being a brilliant coach, but picture RDZ with Newcastle's funds. Oh my, he would surpass Pep and Klopp for me probably.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Only thing I don't like about de Zerbi, as someone who's seen more Sassuolo matches than any non-fan, and that was on display tonight as well is that he tends to play in a double pivot position players who are 8/10, not 6s (Frattessi and Lopez in Sassuolo, Gilmour and Gross tonight), therefore not good enough defensively. Which means his teams games are very entertaining for the neutral observer, but he'll get scored on quite a lot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Only thing I don't like about de Zerbi, as someone who's seen more Sassuolo matches than any non-fan, and that was on display tonight as well is that he tends to play in a double pivot position players who are 8/10, not 6s (Frattessi and Lopez in Sassuolo, Gilmour and Gross tonight), therefore not good enough defensively. Which means his teams games are very entertaining for the neutral observer, but he'll get scored on quite a lot.
If you give him LFC or Man City's squad, they wouldn't need to play defence for majority of the match. And if they do get scored on, they can outscore anyone else. I value Grahame Potter quite highly, but him leaving is a blessing in disguise for the Seagulls as I consider RDZ much better once he starts getting his own type of players.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Would be their third signing of the window after Fofana, Andrey Santos

Reactions: Blender

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No idea how he'll progress.
He's not a finished product and could struggle quickly.
He has some very impressive potential. He's tall, strong, can pass the ball, rather quick and agile.
Between the ears though? Big question mark.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
No idea how he'll progress.
He's not a finished product and could struggle quickly.
He has some very impressive potential. He's tall, strong, can pass the ball, rather quick and agile.
Between the ears though? Big question mark.
Yes, to me it's a poor choice. He is basically a poor version of Zouma or another Issa Diop.

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, to me it's a poor choice. He is basically a poor version of Zouma or another Issa Diop.
3 different players IMO.
Zouma was overpowering but also very good before his big injury.
Diop was a work in progress and never progressed.
Badiashile has better tools. IQ and above all focus seem to be lacking.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
3 different players IMO.
Zouma was overpowering but also very good before his big injury.
Diop was a work in progress and never progressed.
Badiashile has better tools. IQ and above all focus seem to be lacking.
Sounds like a death sentence tbh

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
When we've lost so many CBs and are still relying on 38 year old Thiago Silva to play almost every game...yea buying CBs seems like a good idea.
They have 4 currently. Ya one is a fossil who still apparently WC and the other is injured often. Buying a 5th cb at that price when he apparently isn’t good… is that a good idea?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
They have 4 currently. Ya one is a fossil who still apparently WC and the other is injured often. Buying a 5th cb at that price when he apparently isn’t good… is that a good idea?
We sometimes play 3 at the back and are playing twice per week on average. We also only have 3 healthy natural CBs (Silva, Koulibaly, Chalobah) at the moment with Fofana out long term. Azpilicueta and Cucurella can play CB, but are better used elsewhere.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
We sometimes play 3 at the back and are playing twice per week on average. We also only have 3 healthy natural CBs (Silva, Koulibaly, Chalobah) at the moment with Fofana out long term. Azpilicueta and Cucurella can play CB, but are better used elsewhere.
Isn’t fofana back in January?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I didn't say he wasn't good.
For instance he had one national team cap and he was excellent.
Just that I don't rate him compared to someone like Lukeba (but as I said Lyon rejected them last summer).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They are signing Badashile because Fofana (injury) and Koulibaly (washed) haven’t worked out. If only every team could afford to do this.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
When we've lost so many CBs and are still relying on 38 year old Thiago Silva to play almost every game...yea buying CBs seems like a good idea.
Zouma, Tomori, Guehi, Colwill, Ampadu, Chalobah... Chelsea should promote their own

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Zouma, Tomori, Guehi, Colwill, Ampadu, Chalobah... Chelsea should promote their own
Obviously. Previous owner, management, and coaching staff though. At least Chalobah is still here and Colwill and Ampadu are only on loan. Can't undo previous mistakes of not integrating the youth.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Obviously. Previous owner, management, and coaching staff though. At least Chalobah is still here and Colwill and Ampadu are only on loan. Can't undo previous mistakes of not integrating the youth.
Why undo the ‘mistakes’ when you can do the same things all over again!

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Why undo the ‘mistakes’ when you can do the same things all over again!
Buying a 21 year old? The previous mistakes have been buying older players and never giving young players a chance. If we're going to use our scouting and resources to collect players under 23, I'm all for it.

Strange transfer to claim we're doing the same thing on when that is clearly not the case.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I didn't say he wasn't good.
For instance he had one national team cap and he was excellent.
Just that I don't rate him compared to someone like Lukeba (but as I said Lyon rejected them last summer).
I have disdain for low iq footballers, if he has that issue then he probably won’t make it as CB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad