Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - January

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'm operating under the assumption that, given that it's a loan, his wages won't change? So I'm not sure how it could be for the $$$$, other than if PSG exercise the buy option (and, even if they do, I'd be surprised if he got a significant raise).

It's been reported that didn't want to take a cut. It's not about making more but about not making less.

Yeah, title race, Paris, and the possibility of staying their long-term and winning more trophies.

Is Ziyech cup-tied for the Champions League?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Like I said before, this move definitely gives Brighton a lot of risk. They want 100 million for him now, but won't get that in the summer, there are other targets available for teams to spend on, and his form might drop since he's going to be disgruntled. We saw it first hand with Aouar, Lyon wanted like 60 million for him and he dropped all the way down to a 25 million Euro player. The same can be said for Lemar, 70 to 90 million for him and now he's barely worth 40 million.
I really don't see much risk for Brighton in keeping him. He will go for 75-80 million in the summer imo, which is where Bloom sees his price. I don't know where you got 100 million.

If you are Brighton, this is the closest you have ever been to Europe. Losing Caicedo makes it even harder to qualify, which is another risk you need to consider.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really don't see much risk for Brighton in keeping him. He will go for 75-80 million in the summer imo, which is where Bloom sees his price. I don't know where you got 100 million.

If you are Brighton, this is the closest you have ever been to Europe. Losing Caicedo makes it even harder to qualify, which is another risk you need to consider.
It was in tweet pages back that Brighton would have sold him for 100 million pounds, which was probably a value no team was willing to go, thus "he's not for sale."

I can't see Arsenal putting down 60+ million for him when they're going to put 80+ million for Rice. Chelsea ain't buying him if they get Endo, except if they sell Kante or other midfielders on top of him. United could be in the running for him in the summer, but a better chance they try to buy Sabitzer or someone else from the Netherlands. La Liga teams could be for him, but like I said there will be so many other players available in the summer like Rice, SMS, Zubimendi, Bellingham, Bernardo, Mount, Barella, Zaniolo, Maddison, Merino, de Jong, Paqueta, Ndidi, Tielemans, Neves, Fekir, Onana, Alvarez, Sangare, and others. I am not saying all these lads will move, but it's not just to be Caicedo.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
1675203616366.png

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He was. Even on Sky deadline day should they said the deal was done for hours before they announced it. I don’t know why you are so mad about this.
I'm not mad, this is not my mad reaction.

Sky said it was done yesterday, Sky doesn't know what they are talking about. Sky thinks bidding the amount of the release clause is equal to triggering/meeting the release clause.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm not mad, this is not my mad reaction.

Sky said it was done yesterday, Sky doesn't know what they are talking about. Sky thinks bidding the amount of the release clause is equal to triggering/meeting the release clause.
They literally said “my source told me the deal had been done for hours” they stretched it out. They milked it for content. You can say I’m right. It’s okay. My point was that they didn’t spend all day working on this. I’m right. It’s okay. This wasn’t a chess match

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They literally said “my source told me the deal had been done for hours” they stretched it out. They milked it for content. You can say I’m right. It’s okay. My point was that they didn’t spend all day working on this. I’m right. It’s okay. This wasn’t a chess match
What point were you right about, you made a bunch, some of which I'd agree with and some I wouldn't because they were laughable.

I already took your "done or 90% done" comment as your walk back from the comment that I started disagreeing with. If you simply said it's 90% done, I would've agreed with you from the start. It's been 90% done for awhile, but that final 10% of how the payments were structured were critical.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What point were you right about, you made a bunch, some of which I'd agree with and some I wouldn't because they were laughable.
My point that the transfer was in the bag and any doubt around it was manufactured for content.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bournemouth sign Zabarnyi and Hamed Traore.

I've watched Traore a lot, even though this year not so much. OK player for Sassuolo, don't see him make waves in the Premier League, he's still 22 though so he may amount to something. One of the laziest players I've seen though, but talented.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nice of Chelsea, Benfica and Enzo to do all journalists a favour...
This is the point you are all missing. They weren’t doing the journalists a favor. The journalists were just reporting this in the way to generate the most engagement. This deal was not at risk. Chelsea does not sell Jorginho to Arsenal if this deal is at risk. This isn’t rocket science

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Jorginho seems like a completely different player than anyone on Arsenal squad. Could be a nice piece at home against teams parking the bus, his build up still is clean af.

defensively I've very little faith he's gonna contribute much

the last Chelsea leftover didn't work very well for Arsenal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad