Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - January

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It's a loophole of FFP not in term of their financial statements.
But like it is in terms of their financial statements too depending on how they classify the contracts/player/asset. If they classify them as an asset (which is f***ed but they should), then they can split that cost throughout the shelf life of the “asset.” So if the contract is 10 years, they can split it throughout the 10 years.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I imagine Lavia will be targeted again in the summer. That's back to back windows with him as a target. And while bringing Rice back home has it's perks, Lavia fits the age profile that they are looking for.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

According to Il Corriere dello Sport, tension is high between Fiorentina, Barcelona directors and coach Xavi who ‘repeatedly called’ Sofyan Amrabat on the deadline day, trying to force his exit from the Stadio Franchi.

The Catalans tried to sign Amrabat on the deadline making a loan offer with an option to buy. It was immediately rejected by the Tuscans who did not want to part ways with the Morocco international, especially on an initial short-term deal.
Obligatory:

tusken-raider.gif

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Nothing out of the ordinary here. The writting was on the wall for Duffy to leave permanently. One of those where did the time go moments for me. Dunk + Duffy was one of the core reasons Brighton were able to get promotion and then stave off relegation in those first few years in the Prem.

No more Duffy Dunk defense haha

• Haha
Reactions: robertmac43

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
This failed transfer might be a good thing for Zyiech after all

I know he isn't playing regularly at Chelsea but let's be be honest he would be playing even less with that PSG thermo-nuclear frontline.

He is still young, he should keep fighting for his spot at Chelsea or move to a good club that really needs his profile.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I imagine Lavia will be targeted again in the summer. That's back to back windows with him as a target. And while bringing Rice back home has it's perks, Lavia fits the age profile that they are looking for.

I haven't seen Lavia too much, but last night he made an amazing pass in the Carabao, something I've seen only from the greatest number 10s in the game.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
This failed transfer might be a good thing for Zyiech after all

I know he isn't playing regularly at Chelsea but let's be be honest he would be playing even less with that PSG thermo-nuclear frontline.

He is still young, he should keep fighting for his spot at Chelsea or move to a good club that really needs his profile.

He's 29 and at this point, he would have gotten more playing time at PSG.

He turns 30 next month, I honestly think we may see him go somewhere like the MLS. Get a bag of cash and playing time as a DP.

No, the CAN is coming up in a year. There's zero chance he goes to MLS. He won't play a big role for Morocco is he goes to a trashcan league like MLS. Complete bush league stuff from Chelsea. How can you do this to a player's career?

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Pleasantly surprised United acted and signed someone quickly after Eriksen's injury. Carroll is a piece of shit.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
No, the CAN is coming up in a year. There's zero chance he goes to MLS. He won't play a big role for Morocco is he goes to a trashcan league like MLS. Complete bush league stuff from Chelsea. How can you do this to a player's career?
Definitely a bad look from Chelsea. I'm not saying the MLS is his next location, but it kind of makes sense from where he is in his career. I've seen some rumblings that an MLS team may try and pry him away from Europe.

Who knows if it happens, but i see the fit.
Damn I thought he was 26 :laugh:
Time flies haha!

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Definitely a bad look from Chelsea. I'm not saying the MLS is his next location, but it kind of makes sense from where he is in his career. I've seen some rumblings that an MLS team may try and pry him away from Europe.

Who knows if it happens, but i see the fit.

Time flies haha!

He just bossed a World Cup. His level is still waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the MLS. Liga would be the best fit for him. Or Italy.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Does age profile really matter to Chelsea? They cycle through guys constantly and don’t care about taking losses.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Does age profile really matter to Chelsea? They cycle through guys constantly and don’t care about taking losses.
Yeah, everyone purchased this window was 22 or younger. The summer was kind of all over the place, and Nkunku if he comes is more with Rice, so I'm not saying it's 100%, but the vast majority of signings have been in that 18-22 age range. I'd expect that to continue with most targets moving forward.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yeah, everyone purchased this window was 22 or younger. The summer was kind of all over the place, and Nkunku if he comes is more with Rice, so I'm not saying it's 100%, but the vast majority of signings have been in that 18-22 age range. I'd expect that to continue with most targets moving forward.
I mean, Rice is 24. He’s not some 34-year-old retread. I have a hard time believing they care that much, it’s not like they’re Brighton and have to worry about sell-on value.

Listen, I don’t want to be too much of a hater, but I think sometimes people want to read so much about a “plan” and “new direction” for the Boehly regime that just isn’t there. They spend boatloads on “hot” players. It’s not that deep. My, admittedly, haterade opinion.

Reactions: maclean

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I mean, Rice is 24. He’s not some 34-year-old retread. I have a hard time believing they care that much, it’s not like they’re Brighton and have to worry about sell-on value.

Listen, I don’t want to be too much of a hater, but I think sometimes people want to read so much about a “plan” and “new direction” for the Boehly regime that just isn’t there. They spend boatloads on “hot” players. It’s not that deep. My, admittedly, haterade opinion.
Like I said, I'm not saying it's 100%, but just a feeling that we'll be back in for Lavia in the summer. It's not that Rice doesn't fit, I just think this group really likes Lavia based on the past 2 windows.

If Chelsea doesn't qualify for CL will they still manage to grab all these players they are looking for?
That's the other reason I don't think Rice is viable.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Tiny, but nevertheless remarkable transfer in itself is Kazu Miura's move to Portugues 2nd division side Oliveirense.

The remarkable part is Miura's age, 55 years (soon to be 56). Being able to play and having the desire to train at that age is amazing.

I wonder what kind of attributes he will have in FM's January attribute. I'd guess it's safe to say he will have a hidden attribute "will play as long as possible". The guy himself has said he plans to play until 60. :amazed:

Miura, 55, signs for Portuguese club

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
From most important to least:

Enzo (if he signs)
Mudryk
Badiashile
Felix
Santos
Madueke
Fofana

I put Santos above Madueke because of our obscene lack of depth in midfield.

That seems like a good estimate for order of players to be included. Enzo and Mudryk will certainly be in, then it's a choice between Badiashile or Felix.

Goal did an article about this today listing all the squad players, but them questioning about Enzo's inclusion seems far fetched.

How new Chelsea transfer signings pose a Champions League squad dilemma for Todd Boehly's Blues | Goal.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad