OT: Winter Olympics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
That Bouwmeester was pretty good, eh guys?

:(

When Sheahan and Jurco are up full time and Nastasiuk keeps progressing people are going to change their tune on missing Jaybo especially since that package still wasn't enough to land him and Mantha would have had to been included (in place of Nasty) to seal the deal.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
That Bouwmeester was pretty good, eh guys?

:(

I don't like admitting I was wrong and I argued tooth and nail with Z4C about acquiring him, but he's been great this year for St. Louis and looks very good on the big ice where his skating is a huge asset.

Not sure he's worth Mantha who it would have cost us, but I wish there had been another way for us to have gotten him in hindsight.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I don't like admitting I was wrong and I argued tooth and nail with Z4C about acquiring him, but he's been great this year for St. Louis and looks very good on the big ice where his skating is a huge asset.

Not sure he's worth Mantha who it would have cost us, but I wish there had been another way for us to have gotten him in hindsight.

healthy debates are awesome, i love them, never hold grudges on anyone on this board

i am not sure had we got jaybo that we would have finished wih the 19th overall pick and thus mantha

but no I wouldnt trade mantha, sheahan and jurco for jaybo

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
lol compare this to the champions league finals or world cup finals etc, they're waaaay more exciting than this.

More exciting but still boring, both soccer and this Olympic hockey.
Soccer is boring cause soccer players Are pancies and very bad actors.

Olympic hockey is boring, there is no hitting. The only 2 hits I saw today was Kronwall on Selanne and this is 2 games.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Dominating Canada. Absolutely superior team. So dedicated and great defensively.

Sweden won't have any chance against them in the final.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Dominating Canada. Absolutely superior team. So dedicated and great defensively.

Sweden won't have any chance against them in the final.

When some of canadians get Kronwalled they will get off of their boring game.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'm disappointed with the performance by the US team today, but I'm definitely on board with being against the larger ice, the majority of these elimination games have been terrible because of it.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

healthy debates are awesome, i love them, never hold grudges on anyone on this board

i am not sure had we got jaybo that we would have finished wih the 19th overall pick and thus mantha

but no I wouldnt trade mantha, sheahan and jurco for jaybo

The sad part about the whole thing is that Calgary is a better team had they taken our reported offer of Sheahan, Jurco and a 2nd.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
part of you loves him knowing he is one of the sole reasons our team has had any success the last two seasons

"One of the sole"

Trying to wrap my head around how that works :laugh:

The sad part about the whole thing is that Calgary is a better team had they taken our reported offer of Sheahan, Jurco and a 2nd.

Shiiiiii.

With how those two have turned out, and Sheahan especially, I don't even know if I want to take that deal.

As for Sweden v Canada, I think Sweden has a decent shot. They've got a solid defensive game as well, Lundqvist is an excellent goalie, and the Swedish offense hasn't been too bad this tournament either. Obviously Canada is the favorite but I think it's closer than most people think.

CorbeauNoir

Apr 13, 2010
More exciting but still boring, both soccer and this Olympic hockey.
Soccer is boring cause soccer players Are pancies and very bad actors.

Olympic hockey is boring, there is no hitting. The only 2 hits I saw today was Kronwall on Selanne and this is 2 games.

I really think I must be the only hockey fan on the planet who doesn't see the number of hits being thrown around as the be all and end all of how enjoyable a game is to watch. Honestly I found the speed and back and forth play much more engaging than any hit that might have been ditched out on smaller ice.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I really think I must be the only hockey fan on the planet who doesn't see the number of hits being thrown around as the be all and end all of how enjoyable a game is to watch. Honestly I found the speed and back and forth play much more engaging than any hit that might have been ditched out on smaller ice.

Watching 120 min of hockey today it was maybe 10 min of exciting intense hockey and it was the 1st 10 min of USA Canada.

Btw one of mine all time favourite hockey player is Scott Stevens. I love watching Kronwall dishing hits.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
A sweden/russia game instead of sweden/finland would have been ideal. I would have liked to see how the wings played against datsyuk.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
watching babcocks presser just reinforces in my mind why we're so lucky to have him here in detroit

hear how he takes all the pressure of the guys, talks them up, talks up the other guys, respectful, great motivator, even keel, philsophical about it all, brillant in my eyes

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Way more impressed with what Babcock did last year in the playoffs then anything he accomplishes at the Olympics.

The love affair for the olympic golds he has is silly IMO. The teams he coaches internationally are so stacked that I don't see it as as big of an accomplishment as what he does with the Wings in a salary capped league every year.

I mean as big of a USA supporter and fan as there is, but the talent that Canada has at their disposal for any Olympic Games is utterly ridiculous and unmatched by anyone else.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Way more impressed with what Babcock did last year in the playoffs then anything he accomplishes at the Olympics.

The love affair for the olympic golds he has is silly IMO. The teams he coaches internationally are so stacked that I don't see it as as big of an accomplishment as what he does with the Wings in a salary capped league every year.

I mean as big of a USA supporter and fan as there is, but the talent that Canada has at their disposal for any Olympic Games is utterly ridiculous and unmatched by anyone else.

I agree that team Canada is just not fair. I remember watching projected line on TSN on the day of announcement and I was like 'this can't be real, this is too much, I wouldn't build this even in xbox game'

Also while Babcock adjusts from game to game, in a big picture, he uses similar system Wings use.

However, winning any championship is an accomplishment people count and value regardless whether you win with stacked team or not. Obviously there's a tough game up ahead against Swede for Babcock to win another one but .. well forget it I dont want to jinx my team.

I hope Babcock gets his team ready in a proper mind set cause Sweden will be.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I agree that team Canada is just not fair. I remember watching projected line on TSN on the day of announcement and I was like 'this can't be real, this is too much, I wouldn't build this even in xbox game'

Also while Babcock adjusts from game to game, in a big picture, he uses similar system Wings use.

However, winning any championship is an accomplishment people count and value regardless whether you win with stacked team or not. Obviously there's a tough game up ahead against Swede for Babcock to win another one but .. well forget it I dont want to jinx my team.

I hope Babcock gets his team ready in a proper mind set cause Sweden will be.

At this point if Babcock and Canada are beaten by Sweden it will be in a large part because of Wings players. Kronwall and Ericsson were dynamite today. He should know some of those guys tendencies, curious to see what line he wants on them. King Henrik will be huge and is playing as well as anyone in the tournament, I know a lot of people are banking a Canada win, but to be honest the Sweden of the last 30 minutes of their game today was extremely impressive.

Hope Nyquist gets the game winner, lets start building his legend.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad