OT: Winter Olympics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
The game wasn't as interesting as usa vs russia, it was just an all star game. Good to see canada playing in the gold medal game though, shame hank won't get to play though.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
canadas team approach and system were incredible to watch, always had guys in support and "the canadian" way to play along the boards in the third period was textbook team canada hockey

imagine that team had stamkos, tavares and giroux on it and playing? wow...

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
:D:D:D:D:D

Kronwall and Ericsson have a huge task up ahead.

Canada could do a better job on getting to rebounds

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
canadas team approach and system were incredible to watch, always had guys in support and "the canadian" way to play along the boards in the third period was textbook team canada hockey

imagine that team had stamkos, tavares and giroux on it and playing? wow...

I am not sure that would change anything. Canada's forwards do not do much. Even in this game it is the Dman making that goal and the lone one happen with his pass/shot play.

giraffywaffy

Mar 7, 2012
has anyone thought of doing a Captain Kronwall/Capn Crunch photoshop yet? if not, i would like to trademark that ****.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I am not sure that would change anything. Canada's forwards do not do much. Even in this game it is the Dman making that goal and the lone one happen with his pass/shot play.

i think stamkos and giroux would bury some of those that kunitz/marleau didnt or couldnt

stamkos is the best goal scorer in the world and yes that includes ovechkin

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
That was one boring hockey game -_-

NHL > Olympics AINEC

Yes, this hockey sucks big time. Other than the 1st 10 min this game was really very boring. When you think of all big names you can't believe you get soccer on ice.:thumbd::thumbd:

Sweden Finland was not any better.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
How are swedens medals gonna work? Is hank still going to get a medal even though he had to back out because he still played? I've never thought about it before.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
i think stamkos and giroux would bury some of those that kunitz/marleau didnt or couldnt

It's not always that simple. alot of high profile scorer in this tournament have nothing to show for.

I dont think Stamkos would have played better than Kunitz today

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Oveckin has 1 goal in 5 games. Crosby and Toews have 0 goals in 10 games combined and on and on. This Olympic hockey sucks big time IMO.

crashman

How are swedens medals gonna work? Is hank still going to get a medal even though he had to back out because he still played? I've never thought about it before.

He'll get one, he played in the tournament. Even Howard will get a bronze if USA beats Finland, and he's seen zero ice time.

Even if you break it down, Zetterberg scored a goal in a game that determined seeding, so he definitely deserves a medal.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
With that said, Canada dominated defensively. Its unfair (for lack of a better term, there is no "fair" about it) the amount of riches they have on defense.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Yes, this hockey sucks big time. Other than the 1st 10 min this game was really very boring. When you think of all big names you can't believe you get soccer on ice.:thumbd::thumbd:

Sweden Finland was not any better.

lol compare this to the champions league finals or world cup finals etc, they're waaaay more exciting than this.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
A few days ago I wouldn't believe I would be saying this but.... the Women's game was better

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Well, back to reality for me. Could care less about the Bronze medal game and I completely despise Canadian hockey fans. Seriously, worst winners ever.

as an american who has lived in canada for a long long time you have to understand the psyche of the canadians when it comes to all things USA and i would be a little more careful who you call poor whinners given the behaviours of the typical american athlete and fan across all sports throughout the last 40 years at least, our reputation proceeds us for a reason...

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
A few days ago I wouldn't believe I would be saying this but.... the Women's game was better

Agreed. Americans didnt show up or...lets be honest, they couldnt show up with that defense Canada put on the ice. It was like they were never even a threat to the Canadians. A lot of perimeter play, pulling up and losing every board battle in the offensive zone.

Just a really heartless, gutless effort from the Americans. Board battles are an effort thing. It isnt like an open-ice play where there are numerous directions and decisions that could happen and you have to prepare for them all.

No, a board play goes three ways. Up the boards, down the boards or away from the boards...and there are only so many slick-**** moves a defender/forechecker can do to win that battle. The Americans continuously lost that battle on both ends of the ice.

Huge size difference might have something to do with it. Canada is HUGE at nearly every position outside of Crosby and Kunitz. American team is full of smurfs.

Price played really well. Actually, quite surprised by that one. Thought he might leak a little this game, obviously wasnt the case. He was great.

But 'dat defense. Sheesh...thank God no team in the NHL could afford that dcorp or have the assets to put that together. I could center the first line and we'd make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad