Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Subban is an agitator and if he's getting booed he's doing it right. I think it's more racist to suggest that we should treat him with kid gloves and not boo him because he's black...
Maybe that's the reason why the refs don't give him penalties that he deserves.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
If somebody who is better at video editing than me can take this and put in the Subban sad face in the box in place of Ralph that would be wonderful.

EDIT: Maybe I should include the video in question...

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
tough call, actually.
i'd put the Jets-Preds regular season game ahead of this. that had EVERYTHING.
this was pretty damn close except there was some questionable goaltending.
Jets-Oil in 2 OT is still up there in greatness. some crazy plays.

That was good but for me this one easily takes it. Scheifele tying the game in game 2 was a storybook type moment - thing that only the best teams can do in that kind of environment and in these situations. Hard loss in OT but could have been anyones game. But have seen signs of that all year - Jets making comebacks last minute because they know they can.
Last night - Down 3-0 at home in less than 20 minutes with that big stupid Budwesier Red Light outside too. Just looked like was gonna be smooth sailing for Predators. Come back like that is something exceptional. Combination of skill (which was always there) and composure I guess ? Just saying and playing like: 'Its not okay to let them win this one and hope we tie the series in game 4'. Just amazing.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Here's Buff's missed hit on Arvidsson as well.

If Buff had connected on that attempt, we might just have witnessed the first liquification of a player in an NHL game. There might have been nothing left but a puddle...:laugh:

also important to note that as soon as the big man recognized that he wasn't going to make a clean connection he took extreme action to avoid a bad head shot...

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

None

Feb 22, 2012
If Buff had connected on that attempt, we might just have witnessed the first liquification of a player in an NHL game. There might have been nothing left but a puddle...:laugh:

also important to note that as soon as the big man recognized that he wasn't going to make a clean connection he took extreme action to avoid a bad head shot...

Arvidsson probably saw his life flash before his eyes after looking up.

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
I must admit, when Wheeler missed that wide open net I thought in my head "that was it, that was our chance to get ahead, Nashville is going to wake up and probably score in a minute and that will take all the wind out of our sails". But we just kept going at them. Agree that the turning point was Scheifeles penalty (sticking up for Wheeler).

Reactions: tntkid

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I thought Enstrom was very good. Hopefully it was just a matter of shaking off some rust. Time will tell. Really liked Laines game too.
That's the kind of game you want Enstrom in. When the Jets are playing with the speed that Maurice refers to, like they did in the 2nd and 3rd, Enstrom is one of the key figures. It's no coincidence his play ramped up as the team finally started to play the game that makes them most successful.

He also takes a load of Buff, the offense is supported so much better with them together as opposed to Buff/Morrow. Hope the Jets have finally found their A game, the way they played the last two periods is how their talent is arranged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Shakehead

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
C967D344-C125-429E-AAC6-3B11BFFD140E.jpeg

Bwahaha how did I miss this

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
What damage did he cause?

IIRC, a failed drop-pass and some weak d-zone coverage. I think he's PoMo's lucky rabbit's foot at this point, doesn't mean he stays in over Armia/MP but don't see Dano dislodging him.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
What damage did he cause?
Pretty bad on the PK when Oscar scored. That hockey being played is way too fast for him. He's gassed by the time he makes it out of the neutral zone. Was limited to 5-6 toi so that helped limit the self inflicted damage he could cause.

Great game to be at!

Reactions: snowkiddin

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Does anyone have the post game clip of Don Cherry where he's trying to shit on Laine, mispronouncing his name and such? Also talks about American players scoring etc. It was quite the embarrassing segment?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Simply not true. The Jets give up that Subban shot on the powerplay all the time and expect the goalie to make the save when the pass comes from the top.

Chef and Wheels got carved up on their PK and it had more to do with them than the PK goal against you're trying to pin on Hendy.

Shot from the point and one-timer from the top of the circle with the goalie moving across the crease are very different. No one willingly gives up the latter.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No one should ever question Chevy's moves ... he has proven again and again that he knows what he is doing.

Yes, Chevy has done a great job. But that does not mean his moves should not be questioned. Not even close. Hd has made his share of questionable moves and those should still be questioned.

The job he has done means that no one should be calling for him to be fired and I don't think anyone is right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad