Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Not sure if already posted. Dance with Buff
ezgif-4-1bef5dd88c.gif

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Honestly, I think that media guy is racist. The fact that he can only see PK as a black guy and can't imagine it being possible that he could be singled out for any other reason than the color of his skin tells me all I need to know about that guy.

I really don't even notice player's skin color. I think it wasn't until about the third season the Jets were here before it actually registered with me that Buff is a black guy...lol

Reactions: thegr8one66

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Okay. Let me get this straight.

Everyone at the arena booed Subban because he is black..... makes sense....
Because you know Buff isn’t one of if not THE MOST BELOVED Winnipeg Jets this city has ever had. 1.0 or 2.0 or anything.....

McKenna’s logic has zero basis
What
So
Ever

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
The Preds have too many fakers. Subban - we have all seen it. Ryan Ellis with an epic Oscar winning performance last night - puck hits his shoulder pad so he grabs his face and falls to the ice like a sack of potatoes to get a stoppage in play. Trainer comes running out with the towel thinking 'this is gonna be bad - puck to the face'. Gets there, searching, wait a minute - not even a scratch?!?!
Have to say, I thought Ehlers embellished that stick hit from Subban a bit as well. They're aren't that many on our team that will embellish calls, but Ehlers will & the refs know it. Sometimes I wish we had more embellishers however, some of the crap that these refs let go is amazing, whereas the slightest embellishment & its a penalty.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Okay. Let me get this straight.

Everyone at the arena booed Subban because he is black..... makes sense....
Because you know Buff isn’t one of if not THE MOST BELOVED Winnipeg Jets this city has ever had. 1.0 or 2.0 or anything.....

McKenna’s logic has zero basis
What
So
Ever
Being in Montreal he should know what actual racism is.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Have to say, I thought Ehlers embellished that stick hit from Subban a bit as well. They're aren't that many on our team that will embellish calls, but Ehlers will & the refs know it. Sometimes I wish we had more embellishers however, some of the crap that these refs let go is amazing, whereas the slightest embellishment & its a penalty.
Fire vs fire

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Being in Montreal he should know what actual racism is.

Montreal is a very progressive city--as cities are.

The province of Quebec on the other hand, is Canada's Montreal Canadians of xenophobia. A long, rich history of being the 'best'. Sure they only make noise every once-and-a-while these days, but it's usually a doozy.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think people should be booing Ryan Johansen instead. I hate him more, anyway (it's totally irrational, but I still grit my teeth thinking of that ASG breakaway challenge).

Or Ryan Ellis with his giant pants. Buddy, even if you wear size XL, nobody's gonna think you're taller than 5'9".

I actually really like PK Subban. But part of that is despising his antics when he plays the Jets, and relishing in his pouting.

In general Bell MTS Place is purported to be one of the best surfaces in the league (voted in the top 3 in the NHLPA players' poll). Haven't seen any reports of how it was last night. There was a lot of carbon dioxide in that room.

Lots of people are saying that. While it's nice to have something emotional to rally around, I think the Jets were already moving their feet better, hence Watson feeling the need to take a run in the D zone.

Kypreos--who, let's not mince words, is full of **** the vast majority of the time--likens it to a baseball swing (or a golf swing, if you prefer)--it's not necessarily the power you put in it, it's how cleanly you connect on it. Whether you can get it in the sweet spot. He thinks that Byfuglien is putting everything in those hits, just being economical about it.

Will this do?:

Jets vs Preds Round 2 - Game 3 - May 1st, 7pm - "Not a General Strike"

I will also say that Myers's game doesn't change a lot, so he's a excellent player to have around when you need a bunch of offense.

Without that Watson hit we don't go to 4on4 and the team doesn't get fired up and start scoring at will. It was the TSN turning point.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Subban is an agitator and if he's getting booed he's doing it right. I think it's more racist to suggest that we should treat him with kid gloves and not boo him because he's black...

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Enstrom wasn't that noticeable to me last night, which is a good thing (Special teams plays a factor obviously, only 13 mins for Toby). Would prefer Morrow/Buff still and maybe Enstrom/Myers? Not sure.

I think Enstrom's play will pick up significantly the deeper we go. I think he's shaking off some rust and it takes a couple or three games to really get back into it. As a rule, I trust him a lot more in our end than I do Myers.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

The province of Quebec on the other hand, is Canada's Montreal Canadians of xenophobia. A long, rich history of being the 'best'. Sure they only make noise every once-and-a-while these days, but it's usually a doozy.

I was discriminated against in Montreal dozens of times in the 80’s Sometimes subtle sometimes not so subtle. It has nothing do do with the colour of my skin though. It was because of the language I spoke.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
OK I threw this up at JHF but I gotta share it here (pardon the cross-post):

OK, last night was the best of all worlds!

First: the business side.
Predators were underdogs on Bet365, the line went up to 2.30:1. I figured I'd go heavy on them for happiness insurance. Laid down $175.00 on the Preds.
Then this is where the magic happens. Bet365 has a promotion on - if you bet hockey and the team you picked goes up by 3 goals at any point they settle your bet as if your team won. Even if they end up losing you get to keep your profit. I double checked my balance at the end of the first and sure enough, there's some tidy green in my account.

Cue the comeback!

I was at the game with my wife and two older kids and we were a despondent bunch. Then I heard them play Jump early in the second period. Good sign I thought. Ten seconds later we were on the board. Three minutes later it was a tie game.

Now there have been to loud games. That first pre-season game against Columbus back in 2011. The first time we beat Boston when they were the defending Cup champs. The Anaheim series.

But the noise when we tied it up was another level. I had the boys in headphones to protect their hearing and I had earplugs to set the example but it was the kind of noise that bypasses your ears and transmits directly to your internal organs. Absolute magic!

Bonus for the boys - they made the Jumbotron twice!

I'm trying to focus on work here but it's not easy.

Thanks to everyone here at HFJets for sharing a magical game with each other. Shall we do it again tomorrow night?

m.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

Does it ever get front page of a sensationalist magazine?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
greatest game ever
tough call, actually.
i'd put the Jets-Preds regular season game ahead of this. that had EVERYTHING.
this was pretty damn close except there was some questionable goaltending.
Jets-Oil in 2 OT is still up there in greatness. some crazy plays.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Before the playoffs started most of the pundits expressed the Jets lack of Playoff experience would be their downfall well to you people you can S*CK IT!

What a pleasure to watch, this game brought out all the emotions, very proud of the boys. Go Jets Go!

Yup, our lack of playoff experience doesn't seem to be slowing us down. For people who said it would, here's what they didn't understand. It's not about playoff experience. It's about leadership. The Jets have amazing leaders. This game, our leadership and veteran players picked this team up and carried them on their shoulders.

The way Chevy has built this team, drafting amazing young players, combined with a veteran core of high-character, driven players has really paid off. I include Maurice as an important piece of the puzzle that Chevy has built. I don't think our young players would have found the success they have without these other pieces in place.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Wow, what a game to watch, one of the best playoff games I've seen. Like most, I thought the game was over after the first, but that second period was just amazing.

Jets have always been my second team, but man, I've never felt so emotionally invested in this team before. Go Jets Go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad