Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
C2_C330_BF-7_CAC-404_A-8940-4338_D68031_EC.jpg

Pregame

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's significant because he's being used as a regular PKer and Nashville is carving up that PK group. Subban's goal last night was all on Hendricks not being able to move fast enough to transition high to low, leaving him twisting in the slot as the play progressed. Nobody else I've seen play PK for us this year has that problem.

It's cost the Jets at least two goals this series (Subban in game 2 and 3). It's significant.
Then don't use him on the PK. That's a usage issue. I don't believe Dano or Matthias would fare any better.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Why would a journalist reduce what PK brings to the sport down to his race? He plays a character that drives people nuts. He works hard at it and leaves it on the ice.

It's insulting to fans to be called racist, but it belittles the player, too. There's obviously going to be people who are crossing the line, but they are the same people who use personal attacks on all the heels in the sport.

I don't know, doesn't sit right with me, especially given the booing of Marchand, Perry, etc.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Why would a journalist reduce what PK brings to the sport down to his race? He plays a character that drives people nuts. He works hard at it and leaves it on the ice.

It's insulting to fans to be called racist, but it belittles the player, too. There's obviously going to be people who are crossing the line, but they are the same people who use personal attacks on all the heels in the sport.

I don't know, doesn't sit right with me, especially given the booing of Marchand, Perry, etc.
Buff was the only Jets player singled out to be booed in Nashville. I don't see anything written about that

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Jets MVP so far is between Buff, Scheifele and Hellebuyck. I agree on giving it to Buff so far, but it's not a slam dunk.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011

Speaking of -- anyone ever notice the guy in 218/219 who ALWAYS cheers for the other team? Must have season tickets -- makes no sense to wear a Preds, Canes, Sens or whatever jersey and cheer against the Jets each game!! :huh:

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
I think the Jets physical play is taking a big toll on the D

This.

If it's one thing I noticed about the second and third periods yesterday was the physical play, we wanted the puck more than they did and it showed on the score board. We need to play this team physical but be smart about it, the Preds have a great D Corp sure but yesterday proved physical play can take them off their game.

Reactions: The Blue Baron

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Predators either put the undisciplined garbage away, or it will end their postseason early

“That wasn’t smart,” Rinne said. “At that point of the game, bad penalty. It’s just emotions got the best of me. When you look at the replay, it’s just a tap on the back. I don’t know, I’ll leave it at that.”

A tap on the back? Whatever Pekka...

When I saw that, I thought how heavy a goal stick is, how much momentum was behind it, and if it had caught Lowry a little higher in the back of the neck. That was one of the most potentially dangerous things I have ever seen a player do on the ice.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
It's significant because he's being used as a regular PKer and Nashville is carving up that PK group. Subban's goal last night was all on Hendricks not being able to move fast enough to transition high to low, leaving him twisting in the slot as the play progressed. Nobody else I've seen play PK for us this year has that problem.

It's cost the Jets at least two goals this series (Subban in game 2 and 3). It's significant.

Simply not true. The Jets give up that Subban shot on the powerplay all the time and expect the goalie to make the save when the pass comes from the top.

Chef and Wheels got carved up on their PK and it had more to do with them than the PK goal against you're trying to pin on Hendy.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
This.

If it's one thing I noticed about the second and third periods yesterday was the physical play, we wanted the puck more than they did and it showed on the score board. We need to play this team physical but be smart about it, the Preds have a great D Corp sure but yesterday proved physical play can take them off their game.

The second and third periods were played how the Jets usually play. I don't know where this other 'strategy' came from in games 1 & 2 and the first period of game 3.

Nov 24, 2006
That is 100% the point I have been trying to make the whole time. He's insignificant. Sure, when we get Army and Perreault back they will allow us to play our 4th line more which is good, but the amount of *****ing about Hendricks like he somehow caused us to lose that game in OT was hilarious.

He is a bandaid due to injuries, that's it.
I think everyone is significant in the playoffs. It matters a lot, and Hendricks should never be on the ice with a Stanley Cup contender IMO.

He's a bandaid for sure, but he caused some damage in that loss, even with limited minutes.

Reactions: thegr8one66

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
When I saw that, I thought how heavy a goal stick is, how much momentum was behind it, and if it had caught Lowry a little higher in the back of the neck. That was one of the most potentially dangerous things I have ever seen a player do on the ice.

Pekka must have been watching old youtube clips of Billy Smith to get pumped up pre-game or something. That was pretty vicious.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think everyone is significant in the playoffs. It matters a lot, and Hendricks should never be on the ice with a Stanley Cup contender IMO.

He's a bandaid for sure, but he caused some damage in that loss, even with limited minutes.
That's also a problem with Perrault. He's great to have on the ice but I hate relying on someone who can't stay healthy.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad