Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
notes from twitter, via Atkins:

- still says he thinks he can sign Donaldson
- says adding relief pitching is very likely still
- says backup catching might be something to look at but not urgent.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
notes from twitter, via Atkins:

- still says he thinks he can sign Donaldson
- says adding relief pitching is very likely still
- says backup catching might be something to look at but not urgent.

Seems reasonable enough. If they really wanted to, they could operate their catchers like the Cardinals are going to this year (with Carson Kelly) with either Jansen or McGuire.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Tulo had surgery to remove bone spurs in the off season which caused a setback in mobility. As long as he is getting his reps in the field and at bats I'm not worried. All the nay sayers will be eating their words come a month into the season when Tulo is contributing like we expect him to. He will be fine.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Tulo had surgery to remove bone spurs in the off season which caused a setback in mobility. As long as he is getting his reps in the field and at bats I'm not worried. All the nay sayers will be eating their words come a month into the season when Tulo is contributing like we expect him to. He will be fine.

Or perhaps, based on his history here, maybe you'll be eating yours?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Seems reasonable enough. If they really wanted to, they could operate their catchers like the Cardinals are going to this year (with Carson Kelly) with either Jansen or McGuire.

Maile isn't good, but I have no problem with them starting the season with Maile as the backup. He'll play once a week or so for the first month or two, and if there's an injury Jansen or McGuire come up and handle the majority of the catching duty anyway. It's always easiest to improve on the worst players on the roster, but... meh. If there's an obvious upgrade available, go for it, but I don't think backup catcher is a big concern for this team at all.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Or perhaps, based on his history here, maybe you'll be eating yours?

I see him returning to what he was prior to last season which is more then enough to improve our team from last season. If he can hit 20+ HR and drive in 65+ RBI's with a respectable OBP I am good with that!!! Not expecting Colorado type seasons.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Maile isn't good, but I have no problem with them starting the season with Maile as the backup. He'll play once a week or so for the first month or two, and if there's an injury Jansen or McGuire come up and handle the majority of the catching duty anyway. It's always easiest to improve on the worst players on the roster, but... meh. If there's an obvious upgrade available, go for it, but I don't think backup catcher is a big concern for this team at all.

I agree with this. No need to pay $$$ for a backup catcher. Not unless you unload Morales. If they can do that, I would sign up Lucroy and platoon him and Martin between behind the plate, days off and DH.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I’m in the camp that believes Tulo is broken down damaged goods and will miss more than half the season. I hope he proves me wrong though.

This team is in tough chasing down the Angels and Twins for the second WC spot, everything has to go right. Is Sanchez has blister problems it’s season over.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
And Rosscup is a new Leone with his stupid sexy whiff rate.

Edit: FG is telling me he's an FA but everywhere else still suggest he's on the Rockies. Either way he could be a cool buy low.

Who Oh or Ross? Because im seeing that they are both free agents.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Wow the worst team in each league will be from Florida. Sad baseball teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->