Proposal: Winnipeg Off-Season Acquisitions

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
what we don't know is what Connor is looking for $ wise in an extension. I get the bird in the hand is worth two in the bush but I am big on Kupari.
We are not trading Connor for a winger. A top #1 D yes a winger pass.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well then you’re just ignorant to analytics.

I love Connor too I think we can keep both.
Analytics can only predict. If a guy can't put the puck in the net and all you can do is hope a guy eventually figures it out well don't know what tell you. We probably can keep them both. At least let's hope so for Ehlers sake as long as Mo is the coach and he gives one all the chances to succeed who do you really think is going to be traded 1st?
1pp + 1st line, pk, 6v5.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Analytics can only predict. If a guy can't put the puck in the net and all you can do is hope a guy eventually figures it out well don't know what tell you. We probably can keep them both. At least let's hope so for Ehlers sake as long as Mo is the coach and he gives one all the chances to succeed who do you really think is going to be traded 1st?
1pp + 1st line, pk, 6v5.

I think Laine takes a bridge contract.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
NO from Mtl... We are not trading Suzuki...

And Ehlers would not even score 20 with MTL.

5v5 goals for the Jets last year :

Scheif - 20
Connor - 18
Ehlers - 16

Ehlers played 20 less games and around 430 less minutes than Scheifele did, and nearly 300 less than Connor.

And he led the Jets in 5v5 G/60 (ignoring Lemieux's ridiculously unsustainable numbers) and led the Jets in 5v5 shots/60.

Are Montreal players so hilariously terrible they'd drag Ehlers down that much? Or were you just speaking on things you have no knowledge of?

Reactions: Hulide

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
5v5 goals for the Jets last year :

Scheif - 20
Connor - 18
Ehlers - 16

Ehlers played 20 less games and around 430 less minutes than Scheifele did, and nearly 300 less than Connor.

And he led the Jets in 5v5 G/60 (ignoring Lemieux's ridiculously unsustainable numbers) and led the Jets in 5v5 shots/60.

Are Montreal players so hilariously terrible they'd drag Ehlers down that much? Or were you just speaking on things you have no knowledge of?

Jules would put him in so many lines that the poor kid would not know his position! Heck... does he play LD? ugg

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Agreed. I knew it was a stretch using Trouba.
Any interest in one of our wingers for Pesce?

Pesce is locking down the 2nd pair on a $4 million x 6 year deal. Doubt the Canes are looking to move him, I think the cost would be Connor.

More likely the Canes will look to move Faulk out for a lesser forward than Ehlers/Connor. Faulk makes $6 million real salary next year which is a problem for a budget team.

Reactions: Chan790

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Nuge + Bear for Laine

8th pick + Bear for Connor/Ehlers

It would take more than that for them to part with Laine and Connor and Ehlers have very different value.

Nuge+ Klefbom+ 2020-1st for Laine and Lowry

or

8th pick and Bear for Ehlers as listed above

or

8th pick, Yamamoto and Bear for Connor

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
It would take more than that for them to part with Laine and Connor and Ehlers have very different value.

Nuge+ Klefbom+ 2020-1st for Laine and Lowry

or

8th pick and Bear for Ehlers as listed above

or

8th pick, Yamamoto and Bear for Connor
No thanks to all three.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
No thanks to all three.
As I had noted it was unlikely the Jets would move any of those wingers, but they do have cap crunch coming, so the high draft pick with a top notch ELC might appeal. I will admit the Laine offer was a shot in the dark, but given Ehlers year and the need to sign Laine and Connor that offer is something the Jets would at least think about f they want to try and keep Trouba as well.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Bear couldn't even make the Oilers this season with that horrid D, how much value do you think he has reasonably for the rest of the league?

The answer is basically none. He's not a piece that would be in the discussion for elite players.

Bear is an interesting prospect, whether or not he is a complete enough player remains to be seen. However, although some consideration needs to judge on a curve b'c Oil I don't see with room to move/shuffle their existing D corps, thus helping keep Bear buried, the poster is correct that Bear is not forcing the issue, either.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
As I had noted it was unlikely the Jets would move any of those wingers, but they do have cap crunch coming, so the high draft pick with a top notch ELC might appeal. I will admit the Laine offer was a shot in the dark, but given Ehlers year and the need to sign Laine and Connor that offer is something the Jets would at least think about f they want to try and keep Trouba as well.
No they wouldn't think about any of those offers at all. You don't move top end players to create cap space, you move 3rd and 4th liners. Thanks for the offer anyways though.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
How about -
Trouba, Ehlers, and a second round pick for
Couterier, Gotisbehere, and Myers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad