Proposal: Winnipeg Off-Season Acquisitions

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ehlers for Pesce and Trouba for a young 2nd line center.

Ehlers deal I would very seriously consider......biggest strength is wingers and our biggest need is once Trouba is traded and Myers walks.

Trouba deal, not sure what young 2C you refer to but but likely would mean 2C+ for Trouba.......again depends who you mean. Chevy will be offering Trouba up for a trade/sign like Stone to all the teams Trouba wants to sign with long term which is likely 4-5-6 teams in the East and all American teams.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Prior to making any major trades, they must get rid of the coach.

This team, on paper, was a contender which played poorly since December. They should not have underperformed consistently the way they did this season. They will never have another playoff run to the conference finals with Maurice as head coach-never.

Get rid of the coach first and foremost.

Reactions: Saidin

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
this king fan says no thanks not bad of a offer althou only conner makes sense as trouba is going to want a huge pay day. However i think the kings would get a better offer for drew then this. I would consider Kapardi + for Conner if the plus would be reasonable

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Wheeler is staying till he retires.

Ehlers would be my choice to go, but it'll all depend on what Connor wants.

But I did like Trouba++ for Doughty as it'd make sense but I think he's retiring a King.

Wonder if Philly would do Jacob Trouba for Nolan Patrick.

Jets have no chance of buying, more likely selling Trouba. Winnipeg also needs to try and see if they could find a taker for Bryan Little, which I doubt, and I'm heavily convinced Winnipeg will use him in 2021 in the expansion draft trading 1st + prospect/roster player but for now I'll say something alone the likes of Adam Lowry in order for Seattle to take Little.
No to Patrick for Trouba. The Flyers are looking to ADD a C for this coming year. Certainly not looking to lose one.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Jets main priorities this off-season needs to be addressing the 2C and top-4 RHD issue when Trouba is gone. Ideally, the C that comes in won't blow the doors off beginning next season, but has potential to work his way up to 2C by the end of the year. Some relatively big value contracts are coming off the books (Myers at $5.5M, Trouba at $5.5M when traded) and I would expect one of Kulikov or Perreault to be shipped off as well at a savings of $4.33M and $4.125M, respectively.

I would suggest that with a glut of high-end wingers who will be getting paid $$$, one of Ehlers, Wheeler, or Connor might be bundled with Trouba (signed) to target the following players:

WPG: Trouba and Ehlers/Wheeler/Connor

CAR: 2019 1st round pick, Hamilton/Pesce ,and Necas
LAK: Doughty and Kupari
PHI: 2019 1st round pick, Sanheim, and Frost

Does the package (a 1RHD and 1st line winger) appeal to CAR, LAK, PHI? Nobody will ever agree definitively on value, but are these in the same realm with small tweaks on either side as you see fit?

Huge no from the Kings. Kupari is definitely an asset that the teams is building around for the future and they aren't giving up their #1 D. After the season they had, the Kings are rebuilding, so a trade like this doesn't make sense.

Reactions: YP44

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Carolina might prove to be a good trade partner for Trouba but there’s no need to add anything else. JT is a legit #1 right side D man who put up 50 points his value is extremely high.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina might prove to be a good trade partner for Trouba but there’s no need to add anything else. JT is a legit #1 right side D man who put up 50 points his value is extremely high.

I would do Trouba for Pesce +

Carolina just doesn't need him. Hamilton+Pesce is good enough and is more cost-efficient long-term.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Fair enough.

I think Carolina was trying to move Pesce for some scoring.

Carolina was trying to move Faulk in the off-season for scoring. Of course, every team out there would rather have Pesce (age/contract) or Hamilton and I'm sure they asked about them, so those names started being thrown around in the media, but I seriously doubt the Canes had any interest in trading Pesce.

I still think Faulk will be moved this offseason.

Reactions: MinJerkBen

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Jets main priorities this off-season needs to be addressing the 2C and top-4 RHD issue when Trouba is gone. Ideally, the C that comes in won't blow the doors off beginning next season, but has potential to work his way up to 2C by the end of the year. Some relatively big value contracts are coming off the books (Myers at $5.5M, Trouba at $5.5M when traded) and I would expect one of Kulikov or Perreault to be shipped off as well at a savings of $4.33M and $4.125M, respectively.

I would suggest that with a glut of high-end wingers who will be getting paid $$$, one of Ehlers, Wheeler, or Connor might be bundled with Trouba (signed) to target the following players:

WPG: Trouba and Ehlers/Wheeler/Connor

CAR: 2019 1st round pick, Hamilton/Pesce ,and Necas
LAK: Doughty and Kupari
PHI: 2019 1st round pick, Sanheim, and Frost

Does the package (a 1RHD and 1st line winger) appeal to CAR, LAK, PHI? Nobody will ever agree definitively on value, but are these in the same realm with small tweaks on either side as you see fit?

you may have other options
but

correct or not, there is a perception that Trouba wants to stay with his woman which means FL where she lives/medical career is based which = either Panthers or Bolts.

You can make a deal with any club that will do biz and actually put an offer on the table, and after that, Trouba exit or not is their problem. But said perception persists.

Fortunately for you, both FL and TB wanna win now, so some semblance of a good offer should be forthcoming.

No specific prop here, just wanted to highlight that for you.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
No to Patrick for Trouba. The Flyers are looking to ADD a C for this coming year. Certainly not looking to lose one.
Bjugstad? He’s solid just not a huge fan of him as our 3C I would like to see us get a more defensive minded one.

Value somewhere around a 2nd rounder or so

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Any interest in one of our wingers for Pesce?
Yes. The two RFA wingers Connor and Laine would be of interest, but I am fully aware that the value of Pesce alone doesn't get that done. Do you think Pesce+ for one of them is something that the Jets would be willing to entertain, or are they completely off the table?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->