Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
It's funny how we have been talking about depth this year and in one game it all vanishes (ok two games). Who would of thought Armstrong was that important to the 4th line, they looked horrible out there. Also the playing scared JM style yesterday really brought back bad memories.

I hope our players get healthy soon, even if they don't play tonight. I would rather finish 5-8 and have guys back for the playoffs than rush them, win a few games and not have them come battle time.

That was a colleague just told me, watching them play after they took that 3-2 lead remind us of last years Habs and the Jacques Martin era protecting a lead. Just a brutal 3rd period. This team needs to keep skating, that's how we are going to win

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
It's starting to pile up now: Bourque, Diaz, White, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Armstrong and I'm convinced Moen is playing hurt (Abdomen is my guess)
Well as long as it isn't season ending (a la Karlsson) this might be somewhat of a blessing in disguise. Time to see what guys like Eller/Desharnais/Gallagher/etc are really made out of without Plekanec/Pacioretty. Who knows, might help them develop their overall game. Better now than in the playoffs. The Sens have done it, the Penguins as well (well they're struggling without Crosby but were fine without Malkin+Letang). It's the Habs young guns' turn to show they can take their game to next level.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
If I see Bouillon and Gorges and the PP, I will lose it.

Keep Markov and Subban for 2 minutes christ... or at least try Emelin. He can't be worse than the other 2.:help:

I have already lost it..

I cant stand seeing gionta and boullion on the PP on a shortened season that doesn't mean anything, when you can have GALLCHY or ****ING WHO CARES.. Anyone but Gio and Boullion..

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I have already lost it..

I cant stand seeing gionta and boullion on the PP on a shortened season that doesn't mean anything, when you can have GALLCHY or ****ING WHO CARES.. Anyone but Gio and Boullion..

Gorges' shot is horrible. It would probably be harder if he picked it up and threw it at the net and Bouillon isn't too bad but he seems to have a horrible time keeping the zone.

Chuckie played the point a bit in Sarnia on the PP, now I know it's junior and hard to compare but with the way he's played defensively this year I don't see the issue with trying him on the 2nd wave. I'm not the coach though but I would put Galchenyuk-Emelin on the 2nd wave and just make sure you have Plek's line on the ice when they're on the point.

matt77

Feb 27, 2013
I think this is a case of HF Boards misinformation.

Remember that recent GDT when everyone said Therrien was benching Galchenyuk. Well because of that I didn't pick him for my fantasy hockey for that game. The game starts and woah.. there's chuckie.

Pacioretty is playing.. I can't find anything that say's he isn't except on these boards.

If someone has confirmed link then I will believe it.

RDS

Les attaquants Tomas Plekanec et Max Pacioretty ont tous les deux été blessés au bas du corps dans le match contre les Flyers.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/à-budaj-de-jouer-1.605542

(Forwards Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty are both injured with low-body injury....)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have already lost it..

It makes sense to give Galchenyuk PP time on the second wave. You want to increase his offensive confidence? The PP where he has increased time and space can do that. It's not like Gionta DOES anything.

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
IMO this is a fairly big bounce back game.

If they want to keep pace for 1st in the NE, they need to win this one.

Will be a challenge with the injuries, but secondary scoring needs to step up.

Havent seen the habs so flat in one game since the Toronto debacle.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Why isn't emelin and galchenyuk EVER on the Powerplay?

Alex has the speed to catch up if he gets caught on the point.. so W... double YOU TEE EFF

I know, I hate seeing Gorges out there. Gorges is great, but it's clear he has no offensive instincts at all and the Habs usually go to their D first on the powerplay.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I don't think you should worry to much if pleky is not playin the habs are in trouble but I really want to see how they react.

Guys guys guys...

Who else thought therrien told the boys NOT to shoot last night, and instead just try and contain the puck?

Because... Wait for it ... These hockey players are getting paid MILLLLIONS and they only get 16 shots on net??

Hell, I got 16 shots on net today in pick up hockey against men.. and I am 24 and not professional.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
It makes sense to give Galchenyuk PP time on the second wave. You want to increase his offensive confidence? The PP where he has increased time and space can do that. It's not like Gionta DOES anything.

Gionta should be in the crease, that's it. His decision with the puck has been awful the last couple of games and his shots are inaccurate.

I also agree that Galchenyuk needs to see PP time. He's good at sharing the puck to an open teammate.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I know, I hate seeing Gorges out there. Gorges is great, but it's clear he has no offensive instincts at all and the Habs usually go to their D first on the powerplay.

Here is a crazy thing.. Put subban down low on the POWERPLAY and put ryder on the point 0_0 oh **** im getting to creative, we can't have that in the NHL.

I forgot its the National Jail Hockey League.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Here is a crazy thing.. Put subban down low on the POWERPLAY and put ryder on the point 0_0 oh **** im getting to creative, we can't have that in the NHL.

I forgot its the National Jail Hockey League.

That's not creative, that's just stupid.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Guys, someone call therrien and tell him..

Seriously.. When I moved to sault ste marie and wanted to play for the grey hounds I called the ****ing GM and asked hiim if I could play.. I ended up playing goal and player at a couple practices..

Just goes to show you..

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
That's not creative, that's just stupid.

Did I say keep him there? I mean, Don't glue him to a position.. But it would be cool, On the power play to see subban use his creativity.. then next shift use his Point shot..

Your just jelous I thought of it.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Bouillon just looks tired. I never like the signing, I absolutely hated the extension. He made me eat my words a couple of times this year, he isn't a pillon like Patrick Traverse was, but you can really tell that he can't give 110% every night, it just isn't in him anymore.

I am not a proponent of TOI as a factor for a great defensemen, but we really need to play PK more than 25 mins a game with Gorges. Bouillon can not play more than 15 mins a game, he can't handle it. I really want to know what the coaching staff saw in the 3 rookies that got them sent down. Tinordi looked good in every game. He seemed to of gotten the short end of the stick after the Crosby goal, which wasn't his fault. 2 on 1 and he picked to play the pass since he would of had a breakaway (Dupuis). Unfortunately it was Crosby that had the puck and scored... Looking at his TOI, after that goal, he got all of 3 shifts for the last 27 mins of the game.

I also see the Pleks is without a doubt the tempo king of the team. With his style of play, he can be there to shut down the other teams top players and be able to turn it into a scoring chance. In the 3rd last night, we saw that Eller is no where close to Pleks. He may get there one day, but right now Pleks is our true #1 C only because he is our most dominate center.

Tonight is going to be a battle and I am worried the guys don't have it in them. We are at the top of our division and we are hurt bad for the first time this year. I sure like "No Excuses" but if there is a game where I have a bad feeling about, it's tonight. Winnipeg wants it and needs this game bad. The way we lost last night, the guys will either be disinterested or hungry. No more JM style PLEASE. You want to play a collapsing style D, well make sure you at least pressure the puck carrier so he doesn't get to dance around and put the puck off of any player collapsing to the front of the net.

I am still so angry about last night :rant:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Guys guys guys...

Who else thought therrien told the boys NOT to shoot last night, and instead just try and contain the puck?

Because... Wait for it ... These hockey players are getting paid MILLLLIONS and they only get 16 shots on net??

Hell, I got 16 shots on net today in pick up hockey against men.. and I am 24 and not professional.

Why are you comparing apples to oranges? They played a horrible 3rd period and it doesn't help that your shut down center missed the entire 3rd. No one said don't take shots, they simply didn't play the same style they have all year, they played JM style hockey since they didn't have the only forward on our team that is capable of shutting down the top line and than turning it into a scoring chance.

Against men or against NHL players? Big difference, and I hope you understand that. I am a 27 year old man and trust me you'd have 100 shots on net if I was playing D.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Bouillon just looks tired. I never like the signing, I absolutely hated the extension. He made me eat my words a couple of times this year, he isn't a pillon like Patrick Traverse was, but you can really tell that he can't give 110% every night, it just isn't in him anymore.

I am not a proponent of TOI as a factor for a great defensemen, but we really need to play PK more than 25 mins a game with Gorges. Bouillon can not play more than 15 mins a game, he can't handle it. I really want to know what the coaching staff saw in the 3 rookies that got them sent down. Tinordi looked good in every game. He seemed to of gotten the short end of the stick after the Crosby goal, which wasn't his fault. 2 on 1 and he picked to play the pass since he would of had a breakaway (Dupuis). Unfortunately it was Crosby that had the puck and scored... Looking at his TOI, after that goal, he got all of 3 shifts for the last 27 mins of the game.

I also see the Pleks is without a doubt the tempo king of the team. With his style of play, he can be there to shut down the other teams top players and be able to turn it into a scoring chance. In the 3rd last night, we saw that Eller is no where close to Pleks. He may get there one day, but right now Pleks is our true #1 C only because he is our most dominate center.

Tonight is going to be a battle and I am worried the guys don't have it in them. We are at the top of our division and we are hurt bad for the first time this year. I sure like "No Excuses" but if there is a game where I have a bad feeling about, it's tonight. Winnipeg wants it and needs this game bad. The way we lost last night, the guys will either be disinterested or hungry. No more JM style PLEASE. You want to play a collapsing style D, well make sure you at least pressure the puck carrier so he doesn't get to dance around and put the puck off of any player collapsing to the front of the net.

I am still so angry about last night :rant:

The problem with this team is that apart from Pleky we haven't seen any of our other centers be consistent. Desharnais has been good the last 2 games but before that he was terrible. Eller will sometimes have the greatest game and then we think he will get going and be the player we want out of him but he'll go invisible for a couple of games and make questionable decisions. I think Eller will be a great 3rd line center but because of his vision he might never be that 2nd line guy. If Desharnais can continue to play like this we might be good come playoff time but this really worries me.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I also think our defense is going to hold us back, When all of our forwards are going to be here we'll be fine on offense but our defense has been less than stellar.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Not enough focus on how pathetic Gorges point shot is. It needs to be compared to other slow things!

Josh Gorges point shot is like that train the kids ride on at the county fair.

.... .and go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad