Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Better now to juggle the lines than during a playoff series to find out what works in case a vital player goes down.

Hopefully, we'll pull this out, but I think the pains of transition are going to be too great. Jets 3, Habs 1.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Hey guys,
So here's the deal. We suck. If you show up, you'll win. In fact, you don't even have to show up. We're that bad.
If you could perhaps have pity and let us win we'd appreciate it. If you can't I understand.
Good luck tomorrow.

Ya well we weren't so good today so I guess we're even?

Anyways good luck as well

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
really sucks about the injuries.

two things we are going to learn from plekanec's injury:

#1: having four centers on the team is a good thing
#2: plekanec is by far, the anchor of this team up front.

weird thing is, im slightly optimistic

go habs go et cetera

Oct 22, 2012
Looks like Pleky will be sitting this one out. Patches is questionable? at this point I guess. Agally's defensive game has been really good lately, awesome back checking and breaking up plays. He has proven to not be a liability, I'd like to see him back at his natural position with an advanced role.

Patches - DD - BGally
Ryder - AGally - Gionta
Prust - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - Halpern - White/Blunden

If patches is not good to go, I'm not sure where to go. Sub in Eller, push Halpern to the third and shift white to center maybe.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Looks like Pleky will be sitting this one out. Patches is questionable? at this point I guess. Agally's defensive game has been really good lately, awesome back checking and breaking up plays. He has proven to not be a liability, I'd like to see him back at his natural position with an advanced role.

Patches - DD - BGally
Ryder - AGally - Gionta
Prust - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - Halpern - White/Blunden

If patches is not good to go, I'm not sure where to go. Sub in Eller, push Halpern to the third and shift white to center maybe.

I really don't know who will play shutdown top offensive line with your Line-up.
DD's defensive game is not good and AGally is way too green for this job.
Eller got no experience for that kind of role and Halpern.....well it's Halpern!

Eller is the "obvious" choices.....cause he might be the only choice.
We have to give him some defensive and experienced help to do that.

Prust - Eller - Gionta

And if MT would have think that Patches can play tonight, he might not have said anything about a minor injury!

Oct 22, 2012
That was my problem when I arranged it, who the hell goes out there to stop their teams top line. I was thinking that Prust - Eller are ideal for this, but also thought that Gio wouldn't be as effective as he would be on a secondary scoring line.

Might be just my own little vendetta to see if Leblanc can jump back into the NHL or not. I've seen him play in the AHL a couple times and he doesn't look the same. I'm holding on I suppose.

Anyways, we should see some interesting line juggling tonight.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Don't worry guy's Patch will be back.

PacWeaponX.jpg

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With Dumont in, does he become our 4th line centre or play wing on the 3rd line? It's going to be interesting to see who plays with who.

So many people out now.

PricePkPatch*

Good luck to Eller. It's his chance to stand up and prove he has what it takes.

I really hope he succeeds; it'll give Plek's the leisure time to properly heal whatever booboo he currently has.

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
With Dumonts callup I can see it being a simple plug job:

Ryder Eller Gio
Patches DD Gally
Chuckie Dumont Prust
Moen Halpern White/Blunden

Give Eller a shot I think he deserves it. A part of me wants to see Chuckie on the first line but seems like a lot of pressure especially with the struggles he has been having.

Interresting game, my home town vs les glorieux.

mim0910

Apr 3, 2013
Halifax
Like people have been saying here, we don't normally have two bad games in a row. They had flashes of the Habs we know and love from this year last night, just couldn't get it together for a full 60 (or even 20 minutes for that matter).

Dumont is a good call up, but would have liked to see Leblanc too, shame what's been happening to him, thought he'd at least be a good 3rd liner. Anyone have an update on how he's playing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad