Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Something has to be done in terms of lines.
I liked to see this if Plekanec not playing

Patch-DD-Gallagher
Prust-Gally-Halpern
Ryder-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Dumont-Blunden

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Without Pacioretty/Plekanec:

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Gallagher
Ryder - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Halpern - Dumont
Moen - White - Blunden

I kinda doubt Galchenyuk gets a chance at an offensive role but who knows, the game is a home and Habs have last change.

I'd rather break up Ryder/Gionta and Desharnais/Gallagher (they don't really have much going between each other IMO):

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Ryder (softest minutes possible)
Prust - Eller - Gallagher (grind and cycle, matchup vs 2nd line of opponent)
Moen - Halpern - Gionta (shutdown line)
Blunden - White - Dumont (pls...don't take penalties)

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
With Pacioretty and Plekanecs out our most effective lines should probably looks something like this.

Ryder - Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban - Ryder
Subban - Ryder - Markov
Markov - Desharnais - Subban

Subban - Markov
Markov - Subban
Emelin - Subban

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
I feel like it's time for Eller and Galchenyuk to shine. Both should be seperated and play center. Give them responsabilities and see how they respond.

The biggest difference between this team and last year's team is how they respond after a loss. They always come out strong afterwards and I'm not concerned about the game tonight.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
i'm blaming Budaj for every goal he'll let in tonight. (this is totally not a weird reverse jinx)

I'm going to blame him for every time i spill a beer and my girlfriend finds the toilet seat left up tonight.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
@JohnLuTSNMtl: #NHLJets Byfuglien appears to be staying at wing for now. Not doing morning skate in blue with rest of D. pic.twitter.com/xaHUAarP4g

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
so if Pleks and Patches don't play and we have only called up Dumont, does that mean White is ready to go?? or is Weber playing as a forward.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I know it would never happen but for a game or 2 I'd love to see Therrien take a chance and run out the defense of.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Tinordi
Dreweski-Beaulieu

haha

I guess with the importance of winning the division it would never happen, I just think Bouillon and Emelin look lost out there at times and tired. Emelin is weird cause he'll make great plays but be completely out of position and not transitioning in coverage worth a crap. He needs a lot more coaching, and I sometimes wonder if the language barrier is hurting his transition to North American style hockey.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
It's time for people to step up. I'm looking at Eller and especially Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk misses the net way too often. He always tries too hard to snipe the corners and misses. Comon dude hit the net!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It's time for people to step up. I'm looking at Eller and especially Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk misses the net way too often. He always tries too hard to snipe the corners and misses. Comon dude hit the net!

I feel like he's been lost in the shuffle a bit, especially with Gallagher playing so well and garnering all the attention.

Hopefully with the injuries he gets a chance at centre again and gets some PP time to get some confidence.

On the bright side, he's been playing very well on the defensive side of the puck.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
I thought Louis was going to get his call up when I heard patch and Pleks are out. The kid already has experience. Has he really dropped off that much?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Trouba probably won't play for a couple of weeks. Our lines are going to be a mess, something like this:

Ladd - Little - Byfuglien
Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
Tangradi - Burmistrov - Miettenen
Santorelli - Gagnon - Thorburn

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Postma
Stuart - Clitsome

Pavelec
Montoya

Also expect the lines to be mixed up if there's no offence. Antropov, Slater, Peluso, Wright are all injured but expected back soon. Redmond out for the year. Wellwood, Meech and Kulda healthy scratches. Clitsome just came off an eye injury, we have no idea if he's 100%.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I thought Louis was going to get his call up when I heard patch and Pleks are out. The kid already has experience. Has he really dropped off that much?

He missed half the season with an injury, during the year he was officially being transitioned from a Centre to a Winger. It's most beneficial for him to have as much ice time possible in the AHL, IMO.

matt77

Feb 27, 2013
First time I'm going to Bell Centre this year and it has to be the one game where Pacioretty and Plekanec are injured...

:p:

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
He missed half the season with an injury, during the year he was officially being transitioned from a Centre to a Winger. It's most beneficial for him to have as much ice time possible in the AHL, IMO.

I didn't realize the ankle injury took him out for half the season. Your right then, probably should leave him. Thanks for the update

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
It's going to be a bit painful up front if both Pleks and Patches are out:help:

It's funny how we have been talking about depth this year and in one game it all vanishes (ok two games). Who would of thought Armstrong was that important to the 4th line, they looked horrible out there. Also the playing scared JM style yesterday really brought back bad memories.

I hope our players get healthy soon, even if they don't play tonight. I would rather finish 5-8 and have guys back for the playoffs than rush them, win a few games and not have them come battle time.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I didn't realize the ankle injury took him out for half the season. Your right then, probably should leave him. Thanks for the update

I think he was always a long term prospect anyway, especially with him going to Harvard for a year.

If the team decides to keep him instead of trading him I wouldn't expect any real contribution for another couple years. The previous management rushed him due to the French factor, but I think Bergevin is smarter than that. Well I hope anyway :laugh:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It's funny how we have been talking about depth this year and in one game it all vanishes (ok two games). Who would of thought Armstrong was that important to the 4th line, they looked horrible out there. Also the playing scared JM style yesterday really brought back bad memories.

I hope our players get healthy soon, even if they don't play tonight. I would rather finish 5-8 and have guys back for the playoffs than rush them, win a few games and not have them come battle time.

It's starting to pile up now: Bourque, Diaz, White, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Armstrong and I'm convinced Moen is playing hurt (Abdomen is my guess)

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
First time I'm going to Bell Centre this year and it has to be the one game where Pacioretty and Plekanec are injured...

:p:

It's starting to pile up now: Bourque, Diaz, White, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Armstrong and I'm convinced Moen is playing hurt (Abdomen is my guess)

I think this is a case of HF Boards misinformation.

Remember that recent GDT when everyone said Therrien was benching Galchenyuk. Well because of that I didn't pick him for my fantasy hockey for that game. The game starts and woah.. there's chuckie.

Pacioretty is playing.. I can't find anything that say's he isn't except on these boards.

If someone has confirmed link then I will believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad