Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Uhm... er... ya...

Uranus CST... :laugh:

And don't call me Shirley... :laugh:

giphy.gif

Finally! I've been doing that for years waiting for someone to give me the proper response. :laugh:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Oiler fan here and the Jets are my #2.

Us idiots over at HF Oil will be running a GDT supporting the Jets every game against those toothless brain dead ass clowns from down south.

We can’t wait for you guys to pump those cow shit smelling hillbillies starting Saturday night.
You guys have a good chance of going far this season. Good luck except of course if we face you.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
As a shift worker...I dispise the 9:30 start times...brutal getting up at 4:30 for work after staying up till 12:30 watching a game...but as I’m on vacation this Saturday I am actually looking forward to the 9:30 start time.
Going to be surreal listening to a Jets game by the fire at the lake...

Reactions: WiscoJet

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
If Jets play to their capabilities they should win the series.
Best goalie and many game breakers.

But Flames can win this also. Hopefully the D don't get rattled.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Us idiots over at HF Oil will be running a GDT supporting the Jets every game against those toothless brain dead ass clowns from down south.

We can’t wait for you guys to pump those cow shit smelling hillbillies starting Saturday night.
I love it when fan bases can align in thier hate towards a rival. Of course plenty of Jets fans hate the Oilers, but having lived in Edmonton during the Jets absence, I have a soft spot for them.

I have a feeling the Jets and Oilers will meet this playoff.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'm likely to miss the first 3 games of this series. Really hoping there's no sweep.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I love it when fan bases can align in thier hate towards a rival. Of course plenty of Jets fans hate the Oilers, but having lived in Edmonton during the Jets absence, I have a soft spot for them.

I have a feeling the Jets and Oilers will meet this playoff.

I don’t mind the Oilers either.
This year anything can happen as pretty much every team is healthy and rusty.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

man it would be great to have this level of a rivalry with a team. I lived in Edmonton from 1980-84 and the hatred I had towards the Flames was pure joy. True rivalries are the best.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
man it would be great to have this level of a rivalry with a team. I lived in Edmonton from 1980-84 and the hatred I had towards the Flames was pure joy. True rivalries are the best.

You guys will hate the Flames and Ratboy (Tkachuk) by the end of this series. Trust me. :nod:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Interesting preview looking at the 24 teams headed into the playoffs in terms of possession on zone entries and exits, dump-in retrievals, and defending the blue line:

Breaking Down the Postseason Teams Using Four Revealing Microstats

TLDR: Jets rank, percentage (range best-worst):

Zone entries: 8th, 67.7% (range: 74.5% Avs - 59.1% Wild)
Dump-in recoveries: 18th, 22.5% (range: 26.5% Lightning - 17.7% Hawks)
Zone exits: 3rd, 45.1% (range: 46.9% Avs - 36.6% Stars)
Zone entry denial: 15th, 13.4% (range: 16.9% Canes - 10.3% Rags)

Entries and exits with possession are pretty good - get it to a skill guy and have him carry it out seems to be the plan.

Edit: Calgary (difference compared to Jets):

Zone entries: 16th, 64.1% (-3.6%)
Dump-in recoveries: 14th, 23.4% (+1.1%)
Zone exits: 5th, 44.3% (-1.8%)
Zone entry denial: 16th, 12.7% (-0.7%)

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Topics from Jets coach Paul Maurice day 5 scrum from the bubble in Edmonton

1. What are the biggest challenges going up against Matthew Tkachuk?
2. How would he describe the mood around the team?
3. Being the last team on the clock on Saturday.
4. Did Gabriel Bourque put Jansen Harkins into the game or did he in the 3rd period of the exhibition game?
5. How does his experience help heading into this series?
6. What did he see from Patrik Laine and is he ready to go?
7. Challenges presented by OT.
8. Is there more of a challenge in facing the Flames having had only one game against them?
9. Recognizing the chaos and managing it.
10. Does he still anticipate Nikolaj Ehlers being a full participant in practice?

To listen click here.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Topics from Jets day 5 interviews in the Edmonton bubble with Josh Morrissey and Patrik Laine:

1. Going up against Matthew Tkachuk (Morrissey)
2. Why has he always enjoyed the big stage? (Laine)
3. Does it feel like Christmas Eve with playoff qualifier tomorrow? (Morrissey)
4. Does he take any ribbing from family and friends being from Calgary and going against Flames? (Morrissey)
5. How do they manage their day on Saurday? (Laine and Morrissey)
6. Have they watched any other NHL games live inside the rink? (Laine)
7. What was the ice like during their exhibition game? (Morrissey)
8. What was it like communicating with teammates without fans in the building? (Morrissey)
9. On the uniqueness of the playoff format? (Laine)

To listen click here.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
View attachment 356528

The resemblance is striking.

If any of you subscribe to the Athletic, there was a story where a former Jet's Alumni (his dad) says he has a face you want to punch.

As an Oil fan, it might not be a bad idea to print out a bunch of his likenesses and staple them to telephone poles and stuff for some good old old time fun after a few beverages ;). Not my problem if you break your own hands going overboard though.
:popcorn:

'He has that face you just want to punch': Matthew Tkachuk isn't about to change the way he plays

how many Jet fans are going to be annoyed at excessive Keith Tkachuk interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad