Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
You have to start Swayman in game 7. I feel like they're going to be stupid and start Ullmark just to change something. Sway has stood on his head and been the lone bright spot for this team, you have to give him the last game.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This experience for Beccher and Lohrei and even Swayman is pretty much the key to these playoffs for me. I wish Poitras were healthy so he could also be getting reps.

I'm annoyed, but also pretty calm going into this game 7.

They need to add two dynamic players with the Cap space and they should have enough. I'm pissed about the Bruins lack of shots on goal, but when I see Morgan Geekie on the top line and Zacha getting worked at center, I know I have to be patient and look beyond.

Agreed. But, man, I would really prefer not to have to listen to Leafs fans for the next decade if they lose on Saturday.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Idk how you can say our centers have nothing to do with us losing. We aren’t scoring goals and our centers have been the worst of the forward groups from scoring to face offs.

It’s actually all about the centers.

You look at centers differently than I do. Not saying I'm right and your wrong. Outside the face-off part (which I agree with) I think it's way more to this than just who is playing up the middle.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
This is just such an unlikable version of this team. No urgency to win whatsoever, really disappointing to see. I knew the lack of firepower would be their downfall but good lord it's just getting plain pathetic.

If they lose this Montgomery has to be fired, you can't have a guy go 0-6 in elimination games and keep him around. I know there will be plenty of blame to go around but you can't get rid of everyone.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Idk how you can say our centers have nothing to do with us losing. We aren’t scoring goals and our centers have been the worst of the forward groups from scoring to face offs.

It’s actually all about the centers.

Yeah, they were able to survive in the regular season. Coyle is at least being an effective player even when he is not scoring. Zacha is a winger who can take an occasional face-off and I'm more convinced of that now than ever.

New Guy, Poitras and Coyle would be a fine center group for next season, as long as New Guy can slot on the top. If Elias Lindholm makes it to UFA, I don't see how he won't be a Bruin.

And I don't see how we won't cringe at the contract.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This is just me but since the Renaissance period 2007-2024 this is the third biggest game to me

Cup Finals 7th games occupy spots 1&2

This is 3

Everything they stand for is on the line

They win and get toasted in 5 by Florida it’s ’yeh whatever’ but this is choke reputation till they win a Cup again

They have the better everything to me if Matthews out

But they are 0-5 in elimination games in last 12+ months and 0-8 at home in playoff games 2,5, and 7 in Blues Panthers & these Leafs

Crazy we are here again
"Wow"
They need to win this one. Each man needs to play like a difference maker. Have that mind set, go out there win, just win ! Really disappointing Monty not having a Practice, its not like they don't need to go over things mainly psychological. It seems like he has the approach of a seven year-old. Just ignore it and it'll go away.

1714743918254.png

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I love the fact that this team is choking, it's speed and supposedly skilled players are terrible but Pat Maroon is the guy getting the blame from part of the fanbase. Yeah his 10 minutes a night is making all the difference.

Maybe the fact that Coyle and Zacha have as many points as Maroon is more of an issue. With twice the ice time. Not saying to play Maroon more but he isn't the problem.

Oh Charlie Coyle numbers as a Bruin in the playoffs
GP G A PT +/-
68-17-17-34/-13

Pavel Zacha

13-0-8-8/-1

But it's Maroons fault.

Maroon is also +2. Coyle -1, Zacha -2.

Maroon also has less penalty minutes (4) than Pasta, Marchand, McAvoy and Coyle.

Reactions: Gordoff

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Wotherspoon McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Shattenkirk

Sit Lohrei, Gryz.

I don’t like Lohrei or Gryz next to McAvoy. Not enough stay at home D mentality. Also soft along the wall and corners. You could put Lohrei or Gryz next to Carlo, but then scratch Lindolm. Lohrei or Gryz could also play next to Peeke, but he isn’t here.

You don’t want no Stay at home on third pair, which is what you get with any two of Lohrei, Gryz, or Shatty.

You play shatty to keep ALL pairs Left Right.

You play Forbort to have Stay home D.

Also lineup is OK for special teams.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yeah, they were able to survive in the regular season. Coyle is at least being an effective player even when he is not scoring. Zacha is a winger who can take an occasional face-off and I'm more convinced of that now than ever.

New Guy, Poitras and Coyle would be a fine center group for next season, as long as New Guy can slot on the top. If Elias Lindholm makes it to UFA, I don't see how he won't be a Bruin.

I’d try to go the trade route for a center.

Move ullmark for the keumper deal 1st/3rd/mid prospect.

Take that return and attach Zacha to see what they can get in a trade.

What caliber of center can we get for Zacha/1st/prospect?

(I would do this regardless of whether we advance against Toronto or not)

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

If Poitras doesn’t put on some weight and get stronger he should be in Providence,I’ve never seen a player get destroyed as much as him ,even when he went to play for Canada he was getting knocked around like a rag doll,he terrifies me to watch because I’m afraid he’s going to get killed .

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
You have to start Swayman in game 7. I feel like they're going to be stupid and start Ullmark just to change something. Sway has stood on his head and been the lone bright spot for this team, you have to give him the last game.
I agree. Throwing in Ullmark now is almost like how they threw in Sway last year. And Besides Sway has been playing well.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
marchand-beecher-pasta
debrusk-zacha-geekie
freddy-coyle-heinen
lauko-boqvist-brazeau

if heinen can play he should be in.
maroon and jvr sit
coyle needs his ass back on line 3. sucks, cant win faceoffs.
beecher should center our 2 studs. he has speed and wins faceoffs for ozone time.

Last night Coyle won 8 of 15 faceoffs.
Beecher won 3 of 9.
Zacha won 1 of 10.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This is just such an unlikable version of this team. No urgency to win whatsoever, really disappointing to see. I knew the lack of firepower would be their downfall but good lord it's just getting plain pathetic.

If they lose this Montgomery has to be fired, you can't have a guy go 0-6 in elimination games and keep him around. I know there will be plenty of blame to go around but you can't get rid of everyone.
They got rid of the last guy for less ,so would be hard to imagine that they would keep Monty if this happened again.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
One practice is not gonna help anything, but rest will. I hope they are at least looking at tape of the gam

Rest ? I think they've rested enough in games 5 & 6 !

I largely disagree. Why even have a freaken coach then ? At this point he should be trying to prevent any further psychological damage and how to address the Leafs dump and chance, how to bring the puck out of your zone successfully, working on face-offs, banging the shit out of the leafs like they they did earlier in the series. There's a lot to go over after their have hearted efforts these last two games. He follows an optional practice with no practice, in excusable imo!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Rest ? I think they've rested enough in games 5 & 6 !

I largely disagree. Why even have a freaken coach then ? At this point he should be trying to prevent any further psychological damage and how to address the Leafs dump and chance, how to bring the puck out of your zone successfully, working on face-offs, banging the shit out of the leafs like they they did earlier in the series. There's a lot to go over after their have hearted efforts these last two games. He follows an optional practice with no practice, in excusable imo!
I think they need to come up with an entire different game plan ,the Leafs have ,the Bruins need to come up with some kind of forcheck game ,need to start cycling more and use the point more ,there forcheck game is spent entirely in the corners it doesn’t get the Leafs running around.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
"Wow"
They need to win this one. Each man needs to play like a difference maker. Have that mind set, go out there win, just win ! Really disappointing Monty not having a Practice, its not like they don't need to go over things mainly psychological. It seems like he has the approach of a seven year-old. Just ignore it and it'll go away.

View attachment 864067
Bruins: Hold my beer.

• Haha
Reactions: TCB

troubbble

Apr 25, 2024
In the first half of Game 6 when we managed 1 shot on net against the Leafs' 15, we were roughly on pace with them for the amount of shots *attempted*. What's the explanation for so many shots going wide of the net? My only thought at home was "they're panicking."

Reactions: nORRis8

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Leafs will win. The bruins can’t do anything offensively.
At this point I could care less. We are going into a game 7 vs a team who's leading point getter is Max Domi. :oops: Yes...Max Domi.
But whatever, if we win or the leafs they'd both be gone 4 straight v Panthers who I predict will be in the finals v Oilers or AVS.

I didn't watch last night knowing full well we were going to lose. Not being fickle, but I have moderate my anxiety.
Watching would have meant wasting an extra high blood pill due to our mediocre play and likely crappy officiating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad