Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets @ our Toronto Maple Leafs, March 31st 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Exactly. So what if Montreal goalied us. We totally outplayed them, ignore the idiot commentary. We beat all the big boys.
I know people will laugh at me, but this team gives me a REAL good vibe.
Not me chum, when they're on, they really look like a team who won't be denied. From what I've seen this year in both conferences I believe they can stand with the leagues best.

Reactions: Macallan18

kb

Aug 28, 2009
There are 120 minutes of D time in a game if it doesn't go to OT. Slightly less if the Leafs get a PP because on PP1 they go 4F -1 D.

If we assume 2 PP's, the Leafs D will need to end up at a total of about 117-118 minutes played by D men out of the 120 minutes. (60 mins x 2 D)

If the Leafs play the bottom pair 10-11 mins, it means that the top 4 have to divide up about 96-98 minutes. So 24-24.5 minutes each on average. In what is supposed to be a rough game. One of the top 4 is 38 years old, and another is coming off a head injury.

I sure hope Keefe is smarter than this. Because this is how you go down to 2-3 healthy D-men from the current 4-5.

Last edited:

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
Start the 4th line tonight! Be the ones to dictate pace and physicality for a change

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He does quite well, and then he has those moments where he looks like he's completely spaced out.

Like he's looking around the ice trying to figure out exactly what is going on and trying to remember what exactly does the puck look like?

Good thing he isn't going to be difficult to replace, and he's made enough money (unless he an idiot) that his family will be taken care of.

There we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad