Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets @ our Toronto Maple Leafs, March 31st 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He literally said in his interview "we're expecting it to be a physical game, we're hoping so". This team suddenly has a pulse and a swagger since the calendar hit March and we learned it's okay to stand your ground and push back. I don't know what switch flipped, but the last stretch of games have been some of the most enjoyable Leafs games I've watched in quite some time
Beating our division rivals also helped

The supposedly superior bruins, panthers, canes etc

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He literally said in his interview "we're expecting it to be a physical game, we're hoping so". This team suddenly has a pulse and a swagger since the calendar hit March and we learned it's okay to stand your ground and push back. I don't know what switch flipped, but the last stretch of games have been some of the most enjoyable Leafs games I've watched in quite some time

Yeah, no doubt.

He also made a point of saying that they've been wanting to ramp it up physically here over the last stretch. They are learning a lot about themselves, which is really good to see. They simply can't get pushed around again this post season

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
He is. But I'm not sure how what I said meant that he isn't.

I never said to sit him. I said why create 2 unfamiliar pairings when it didn't have to happen.

There is a ton of reading into what I am saying through the lens of......a completely different narrative that people want to place on me.

Weird.
It kinda sounded like you were intimating that he should sit because he might be injured(nudge nudge wink wink)

I was pointing out that his PK prowess is important enough that he stays in even with minor dings

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yeah, no doubt.

He also made a point of saying that they've been wanting to ramp it up physically here over the last stretch. They are learning a lot about themselves, which is really good to see. They simply can't get pushed around again this post season
It helps that they're also acquiring guys who aren't afraid to go into the fire. Lyubushkin, Giordano and Blackwell are all capable of grinding it out and playing tough hockey, and they aren't scrubs who can't handle regular minutes.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It helps that they're also acquiring guys who aren't afraid to go into the fire. Lyubushkin, Giordano and Blackwell are all capable of grinding it out and playing tough hockey, and they aren't scrubs who can't handle regular minutes.

Yep. Even though Ritchie didn't work out, he was still brought here for that reason as well and had a couple of scraps.

Have to respect that they are trying to change the complexion and makeup of their roster.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
How Does Blackwell sit over Spezza. What incriminating Photos does Spezza have on Keefe and Dubas

Reactions: ToneDog

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
How Does Blackwell sit over Spezza. What incriminating Photos does Spezza have on Keefe and Dubas
IMO with Spez being a long-time vet / leader and all and how last game went down, I could see him pushing to play in this one. After the run he took at Pionk (well deserved too for that f***ing piece of shit), he probably expects that he'll have to answer or the Jets will want some blood, and maybe he just wants to face it head on. If he sat out it might make him look bad even though it'd be understandable.

Reactions: bax

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"But if you’re looking for any scores to be settled or retribution to be sought, chances are that you’ve come to the wrong place." (Sportsnet article today)

I very much hope players from both teams disagree with that statement. Sure, the Leafs have some injury concerns and the last thing they need are more guys out of the lineup, but imposing their will on the scoresheet and in the corners will go along way to building pride - just as critical to playoff success than healthy skaters - within this locker room.

So I say Simmonds, Clifford, Bunting, and anyone else that wants to get involved, try and win sure, but please also go out there and smash some skulls.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Gotta be honest I don't buy any of the rationalization for sitting Blackwell.

If its to get tough, he should play over Spezza. The audition aspect doesn't make sense. Theres literally nothing Kyle Clifford is going to do to keep him in this lineup when healthy.

I don't know why we're not icing our best lineup with home ice advantage still out there.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Send the fourth line out to start the game and get the funny stuff/set the tone that if you want a brawl we are right here.
With the Jets playing yesterday and shortening their bench to start that will open the game up. As much as i want to run the score up embarrass them we cant afford any more injuries and we have zero games against them for any further retribution. Beat them on the scoreboard first and hurt their playoff chance and punch them in the face if needed

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It kinda sounded like you were intimating that he should sit because he might be injured(nudge nudge wink wink)

I was pointing out that his PK prowess is important enough that he stays in even with minor dings
This is just it. Somehow me saying to keep the Gio - Lily pairing together while easing Holl back on the bottom pair with Dahlstrom after a pretty ugly head injury that kept him out of the game suddenly morphed into me hating Holl, follwed by several posts showing how 'laughable' it is that I don't recognize Holl's abilities.

I encourage anyone who believes I have said otherwise about Holl to look.

People are seeing what they want to see, and the narratives they want to push onto other posters, rather than what is actually said. I said to keep the Rielly - Brodie pair, and the Giordano - Lily pairs together so the Leafs don't have all of the bottom four D who have never played together in game action.

It's getting tedious having to answer to people's inability to read and comprehend what I write. Frustrating and completely unnecessary.

Reactions: Macallan18

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Beating our division rivals also helped

The supposedly superior bruins, panthers, canes etc
Exactly. So what if Montreal goalied us. We totally outplayed them, ignore the idiot commentary. We beat all the big boys.
I know people will laugh at me, but this team gives me a REAL good vibe.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
This is just it. Somehow me saying to keep the Gio - Lily pairing together while easing Holl back on the bottom pair with Dahlstrom after a pretty ugly head injury that kept him out of the game suddenly morphed into me hating Holl, follwed by several posts showing how 'laughable' it is that I don't recognize Holl's abilities.

I encourage anyone who believes I have said otherwise about Holl to look.

People are seeing what they want to see, and the narratives they want to push onto other posters, rather than what is actually said. I said to keep the Rielly - Brodie pair, and the Giordano - Lily pairs together so the Leafs don't have all of the bottom four D who have never played together in game action.

It's getting tedious having to answer to people's inability to read and comprehend what I write. Frustrating and completely unnecessary.
And this is from fellow leaf fans!!!!

The Mitchician

Dec 10, 2009
Getting close to game time! (hours go slow when your waiting lol)

Think positive, Good things will come! We can do this! GO LEAFS GO! That is all/

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Sucka about Boosh he was a steady physical presence and maybe it's cause he's a Russian RHD me reminds me a bit of Yushkevich.

Yush layed out some beauty hits back in the day, too bad his career had to end early

Reactions: Once

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Absolutely nothing wrong with him. He's a victim of his 2 million dollar cap hit & the fact he's for the most part been outplayed by both Liljegren and Sandin this season. Instead of being happy about their progression, we look for the negative and attack the guy who got surpassed. Great situation we're in for playoffs if Holl is your #6 or #7 Dman

The Holl/Muzzin pairing has been like watching Laurel & Hardy at times, but having a guy like Holl as your 6th or 7th really isn't too, too bad. For that matter, I doubt there's a lot of #6 Dmen that consistently win the fans over.

Reactions: Nylander88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad