GDT: Winnipeg Jets at Dallas Stars GDT Thursday February 29, 7pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Today‘s game thread is based on 2 of most favourite movies. 2 very different movies. Both shot on location in Dallas Texas. OFFICE SPACE and ROBOCOP.:nod:

Jets- winners of the last 4 in a row and are 7-3 in there last 10 tied for 1st
Stars- losers of the last 2 in a row and are 4-3-3 in there last 10 tied for 1st

We gots ourselves a real barn burner here folks! :hit::fight:

I would love to see the Jets bring the hammer down!

1709146230749.gif

Or burn the building down

1709146359003.gif

Or Maybe Lowry will fight Benn to make it 3 in a row!

1709146454545.gif

One thing is for sure, Jets will be bossing em‘ around!

1709146539845.gif

Thanks all for posting useful line up cards, interviews, and team info including if Bones uses gold hair spray?

GO JETS GO

:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Music for tomorrow, lets keep this winning thing Roxy Rolling. :naughty:

Love the tune '31...

But the Roller Girls are ripped onto the Roxy Roller tune... the Music Vid' from Chet Faker's release Gold is the original choregraphy...

The girls move much... ahem... "Better" to the original track they skated to...

Jets can be "Gold" as well...

Go Jets Go !!!
.........:jets

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Robocop

Thanks @The Blue Baron - on first watching to my then very young eyes and mind, I found Robocop to be a visceral and somewhat disturbing story, particularly via his initial destruction, and then subsequent reanimation, as he is welcomed to life by a drunken lab member at a Christmas party.

But, some argue that these are the prime components of a decent yarn.

debzadg-60cae77d-072f-40e5-a9fd-94373ed88f60.gif

+++++++++++

Hockey

Now - lets do some good hockey manipulation of our rival division team. The Jets have often held sway in these meetings. This year the contributing powers and strengths of each group provides two teams that are relatively evenly matched.

Would love to see the Jets do justice and win this one.

Invoking the theme of Robocop, one might argue a few intersecting points, or even ask the question - are we (the Jets, and by extension, their dedicated adherents) phoenix-like in our own resurgence vs our recorded performance of recent years? The idea of resurgence per se is well familiar to most of us, and an appealing premise.

1709196613119.jpeg

A: Perhaps, especially when one compares last years post all star game record vs this year. The sharp observer will note details such as slipping xGA and defensive play gaffes, but our roster has also changed significantly since early December. Bones (Bone?) has left his mark on this team, but the team dynamic continues to shapeshift and evolve (despite their ability to reliably stack a litany of wins).

Go mighty Jets, once again we ask you to slay the unholy Texas-borne rabble, they who slouch to the beat of some bestial drum and who skate in a disjointed unfortunate manner that trumpets and embodies all that is unnatural and unlovely.

6uNG.gif

391d6d22-3da6-495c-9db6-2a8ee04d4724_text.gif

:jets:jets:jets:jets

Edit: also a big thanks to @John Agar for providing that compelling Chet Faker tune and the accompanying choreography.

goalie-flip.gif

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I enjoy the GDT @The Blue Baron

Dallas has owned us this season. I would like to get a win so my friend who is a Dallas fan gets humbled a bit. More importantly tonight the U18 team I am coaching faces elimination in the playoffs. I will be there instead of watching Jets hockey.

In the immortal words of Dennis Beyak, here’s to a pair of winz

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Oh, magnificent, studly Bonne Sean with the silky Mitts, we need you tonight more than ever

1000006219.jpg

I enjoy the GDT @The Blue Baron

Dallas has owned us this season. I would like to get a win so my friend who is a Dallas fan gets humbled a bit. More importantly tonight the U18 team I am coaching faces elimination in the playoffs. I will be there instead of watching Jets hockey.

In the immortal words of Dennis Beyak, here’s to a pair of winz
Is it Jim Nill?? 🤨

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad