GDT: Winnipeg Jets at Dallas Stars GDT Thursday February 29, 7pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I enjoy the GDT @The Blue Baron

Dallas has owned us this season. I would like to get a win so my friend who is a Dallas fan gets humbled a bit. More importantly tonight the U18 team I am coaching faces elimination in the playoffs. I will be there instead of watching Jets hockey.

In the immortal words of Dennis Beyak, here’s to a pair of winz
Good luck tonight, coach. I hope you stave off elimination but I'm sure you've prepared your team to handle defeat with grace and maturity.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Today‘s game thread is based on 2 of most favourite movies. 2 very different movies. Both shot on location in Dallas Texas. OFFICE SPACE and ROBOCOP.:nod:

Jets- winners of the last 4 in a row and are 7-3 in there last 10 tied for 1st
Stars- losers of the last 2 in a row and are 4-3-3 in there last 10 tied for 1st

We gots ourselves a real barn burner here folks! :hit::fight:

I would love to see the Jets bring the hammer down!

View attachment 826712

Or burn the building down

View attachment 826713

Or Maybe Lowry will fight Benn to make it 3 in a row!

View attachment 826714

One thing is for sure, Jets will be bossing em‘ around!

View attachment 826715

Thanks all for posting useful line up cards, interviews, and team info including if Bones uses gold hair spray?

GO JETS GO

:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets

Great choices @The Blue Baron !
IMG_4272.gif

Although I know you’re not built like this, sometimes when you’re a bit grumpy I can envision you
IMG_4273.gif

I enjoy the GDT @The Blue Baron

Dallas has owned us this season. I would like to get a win so my friend who is a Dallas fan gets humbled a bit. More importantly tonight the U18 team I am coaching faces elimination in the playoffs. I will be there instead of watching Jets hockey.

In the immortal words of Dennis Beyak, here’s to a pair of winz
Best of luck @ps241. Hope your team can avoid elimination
IMG_3722.gif

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

When I do heed the mighty cock that crows the time,
And wait for the brave day to sink in Dallas’ night;
When I behold the violet-faced Benn well past prime,
And Otter’s sable curls straightened o'er with fear and shyte;
With DeBoer upon his knees, face barren of joy
Whose Hintz Roope’d for a clean loss in the third,
And Pavelski's happy green now rotted, the stench cloy
Borne by Seguin with the drooping bristly beard,
Then of Jets hidden beauties do I no question make,
That thou Money spent among the wasted Stars must go,
As sweets tips and reads do allow Dallas to eat cake
Stars’ plays die as fast as they see others grow;
And nothing 'gainst Helly's wall can make offence
They’ll fail - not to best him when he takes thee hence.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Let’s hope everyone brings their A game and they can get up early and frustrate the Stars.

Psychologically they need this WIN to know they can beat that team. Wouldn’t want to be going into the playoffs lacking confidence against a team they are quite possibly going to face.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I want no part of the Stars in the 1st round. I hope they get the Avs and absolutely beat the shit out of each other.

I want a clean win, 60 mins of Jets hockey is what the doctor ordered. I’ll miss the game as Whiskeyfest is this weeekend and I’m going to some private tastings tonight. GoJetsGo!

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I want no part of the Stars in the 1st round. I hope they get the Avs and absolutely beat the shit out of each other.

I want a clean win, 60 mins of Jets hockey is what the doctor ordered. I’ll miss the game as Whiskeyfest is this weeekend and I’m going to some private tastings tonight. GoJetsGo!
Is there anything interesting at Whiskeyfest? I haven't been in years and to be honest, found it disappointing as there wasn't really anything that wasn't otherwise available in the Winnipeg market anyway. I will say the MLCC has been a lot better with their offerings in the last couple of years so maybe that drives it.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Is there anything interesting at Whiskeyfest? I haven't been in years and to be honest, found it disappointing as there wasn't really anything that wasn't otherwise available in the Winnipeg market anyway. I will say the MLCC has been a lot better with their offerings in the last couple of years so maybe that drives it.
I haven’t been to Whiskey Fest in a few years myself, and share your feelings as well. The the selection has improved, and my business is carrying more premium scotches. Looking forward to testing bourbons this year as it’s a focus at this event.

I got invited to 2 private tastings tonight, first one will be mainly rye whiskey. The second tasting will be scotches not available in Manitoba. Both held at Thomas Hinds.

Reactions: RabidOne and buggs

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I haven’t been to Whiskey Fest in a few years myself, and share your feelings as well. The the selection has improved, and my business is carrying more premium scotches. Looking forward to testing bourbons this year as it’s a focus at this event.

I got invited to 2 private tastings tonight, first one will be mainly rye whiskey. The second tasting will be scotches not available in Manitoba. Both held at Thomas Hinds.
Ditto to your disappointment with Whisky Fest. The last time we went -- some years ago now -- it was like they didn't know Islay even existed.

Reactions: buggs and Aggie204

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Dallas is a good club and if anything this game will be a litmus test on where we are at. Can we handle adversity? Can we stick to a coherent structure? Can we apply pressure on all areas of the ice consistently? The first half of the season the team did well against strong opponents because we were consistent, relentless, and cohesive. We got off course for a while there and have slowly made our way back and I felt last game and many elements (not all) that resembled first half hockey. This game will tell us where we are at. It is an identity defining game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad