GDT: Winnipeg Jets at Dallas Stars GDT Thursday February 29, 7pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I haven’t been to Whiskey Fest in a few years myself, and share your feelings as well. The the selection has improved, and my business is carrying more premium scotches. Looking forward to testing bourbons this year as it’s a focus at this event.

I got invited to 2 private tastings tonight, first one will be mainly rye whiskey. The second tasting will be scotches not available in Manitoba. Both held at Thomas Hinds.

Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one that felt that way. It was a fun event but I've found my palate is good for about five different whiskey's before my tongue goes kind of numb, so I lost any real appreciation for those sorts of evenings. The selection at the time was frankly fairly awful so to hear it has improved is a good thing. I had better offerings at home the last time I went.

Certainly the MLCC has become much better at sourcing whisky/whiskey in recent years, though I think they're pushing the limit of credibility with their pricing. Notably the 'fancy' Diageo releases - if you look around elsewhere they aren't commanding what the MLCC is trying to charge for them and they are sitting. The 2022 pricing on them was probably the limit of what they can charge, but I'm not sure how effective they are at evaluating that just yet. $250 for a 10 y/o Clynelish in fancy packaging? I think not.

Probably the boom in distilling in Canada and the U.S. is certainly helping, along with the social media push for collecting.

The Islay selection has certainly improved though if you're not a fan of Lagavulin or Ardbeg then maybe not so much. Lot of Laphroaig around but whoo-doggies, that pricing.

Bourbon selection is amazing now relatively speaking, as if the rye.

I won't ever stand in line for the premium releases they do and I have no luck on their lotteries to this point, so I tend to miss the more interesting stuff anyway.

Also, go Jets go. Hockey, hockey, hockey.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
LOL

Nah I am more like…

View attachment 827026

Picture you more of a truck guy
IMG_6244.gif

I'm not sure about being convinced or not, but all of the boys I've ever known did their own thrashing fairly frequently.
IMG_2746.gif

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
My name is Milton Waddams and I approve of this GDT.

they've moved my season tickets four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see Kyle and Mark, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they lose tonight, I’ll take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...”

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I enjoy the GDT @The Blue Baron

Dallas has owned us this season. I would like to get a win so my friend who is a Dallas fan gets humbled a bit. More importantly tonight the U18 team I am coaching faces elimination in the playoffs. I will be there instead of watching Jets hockey.

In the immortal words of Dennis Beyak, here’s to a pair of winz
Good Luck on the game PS! Give us a post game report.

Reactions: ps241

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I’m Interested in how Stankoven plays.
He’s another gem the other teams overlooked and Dallas picked up in the draft

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Or who gets home Saturday morning by 11:30 from a Friday night outing.
It depends on where you spend the night after the outing. Having bought a car, or at least a half-interest in one, I've discovered the perils of being stuck as the designated driver.

Nothing quite like finishing an evening by helping a completely drunk and barely dressed "friend of a friend" out of a club and into your car and then discovering she lives on the other side of the city.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stumbledore

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Depends on whether one is alone in said bed.

m.
Being alone in bed is the best reason for sleeping as long as your bladder and/or hangover lets you. Having a BF who sees patients on Saturday starting at 8 foxing ayem makes going back to sleep after the festivities are concluded even more appealing.

Reactions: Stumbledore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad