OT: Winnipeg Ice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
No. They will be young next year. They should be really competitive in 2 to 3 years. As in they could compete for the WHL title and Mem cup good.

If they get Holloway and Carter Savoie to come next year or the year after they could be pretty dynamite
I’d anticipate they could be nibbling at a playoff spot next season. However, losing Krebs for the first part of the seaosn sucks. But I’m really excited for Carson Lambos. He’s going to be a heck of a player.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The import draft will be critical for them to build a true contender over the next few seasons. I think they may even be able to convince Carter to come play after he is drafted. Pretty sure the same thing will apply to Holloway. If they can get Delemont and a goalie in the import draft they could be set up for 3-4 years.

NumberForr

Mar 20, 2019
great news today that he has signed on. I hope his brother follows suit and signs on as well.

Question ..... Who are the imports presently on the Ice Roster? As the Ice have the 4 Th pick in the import draft on June 27 Th.

What is the import rules? I think you are allowed to dress 2 per team.???? Are you allowed to have 3 on the roster and only dress 2 per game.

I have heard a new rule in the WHL is being passed that an import does not take up a 20yr. Old slot and and import player slot. So to my understanding a 20yr. Old import is allowed on the team as well as 2 regular import players being allowed on the roster. So technically with 1OA import and 2 regular imports a team can hold 3. No concrete confirmation but have heard this from a couple different people involved with the league.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I wonder if they make the playoffs if they could play at BMTSP. Hope so. Persay if the Jets are out as well, I imagine people will likely fill the place for playoffs.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if they make the playoffs if they could play at BMTSP. Hope so. Persay if the Jets are out as well, I imagine people will likely fill the place for playoffs.

I'm not so sure the Ice would be able to fill BMTSP during the playoffs due to the level of hockey. That's not to say that they wouldn't have decent crowds but I know in previous years the Brandon Wheat Kings played some playoff games there and the crowds were modest. No doubt a Winnipeg team would do better at the gate but I still question the building being full unless maybe during a championship series. I could be wrong about it though.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think he is better then some recent "phenoms" out of the west. Barzal was once thought of in the same breath as McDavid and Savoie is better then Barzal at the same age IMO.

What usually happens with these "phenoms" is their advantages like size goes away and they come back to the pack a bit. He is close to Johnathon Toews territory for me at this age. Toews is still the best bantam age player I have ever seen. Savoie is close to that.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think he is better then some recent "phenoms" out of the west. Barzal was once thought of in the same breath as McDavid and Savoie is better then Barzal at the same age IMO.

What usually happens with these "phenoms" is their advantages like size goes away and they come back to the pack a bit. He is close to Johnathon Toews territory for me at this age. Toews is still the best bantam age player I have ever seen. Savoie is close to that.

Yeah he has a shot. People will be wary because of how highly touted Dub kids haven't really panned out very well. He'll have to be the one to prove the doubters wrong.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Savoie is the best WHL talent since _________.

I have no idea how special he is. Please help.
Put it to you this way, a lot of people think he’s the best prospect out of the guys that haven’t been drafted yet. (Better than Wright, Lafreniere, Hughes, etc).

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Import Draft tomorrow at 10 CST. Really wanted them to get Tim Stutzle but he signed in the DEL. Looking at JJ Paterka, Martin Chromiak, Noah Delemont for 2020 draft prospects. Plus I expect them to have inquired on a number of 2019 draftees. I expect them to grab an impact player.

Here’s an article from the WFP (some very interesting stuff in there):
Ice pondering next move at import draft

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Tepley should be an impact player for them next year. They also drafted a German named Nino Kinder. He was really good at the u18s d1 this year playing with potential top 10 pick Tim Stuzle

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think they really wanted Delemont but Acadie Bathurst got him a pick before, still Teply will come in and add some size and puck prowess on the wings. He's a good all around player though and will likely play out his Junior career there before moving onto the AHL.

Moose Jaw got Swedish goaltending phenom Jesper Wallstedt. I'm not sure if they just took him so no one else could get him or they are confident he may report. Not eligible until the 2021 draft but it's pretty likely he will be playing in the SHL by seasons end if not starting in Allsvensken. If he comes to Moose Jaw he could easily be the best goalie they have ever had by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino