OT: Winnipeg ICE 2021-2022 [ICE @ Brandon Fri Dec 17]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Big news this morning, only Lambos gets an invite to the WJHC Team Canada camp. I kind of figured at least one other guy would get invited, but here we are.

In other big news, Frank Seravalli reporting on Twitter that the Edmonton Oil Kings are about to announce a trade with Prince Albert for Kaiden Guhle. They added Luke Prokop in October, so their defense is getting stacked. The Oil Kings are clearly going all in, so the onus is on the ICE to make a move of their own along the lines of how they got Dawson Barteaux in 2020.

The Pats season is flatlining, so how about going after Ryker Evans?

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Nice to see Pederson back in the lineup. ICE are walking in the danger zone with these blown leads, though... they almost let one slip away again last night.

I also still want to know what's going on defensively, is there a trade brewing or what? I'd love to get an answer for why Anson McMaster was shipped out, seems too me that we could have used him right now.

Reactions: Guardian17

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So this Regina kid who can't be drafted for 2 years is better than Savoie or Geekie??

Bedard is a pretty special talent even if he hasn't had as good a start as most would expect.

Hockey Canada places a lot of weight on other team Canada performances and Bedard was the MVP on our gold medal winning U18 team half a year ago. That is why he's in camp imo. I still doubt he makes the team.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Big oof for the ICE last night. Not time to panic yet but it's been a rough week for the home team compared to the dominance we've become accustomed to.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Big oof for the ICE last night. Not time to panic yet but it's been a rough week for the home team compared to the dominance we've become accustomed to.

Seems like goaltending bit them. I'm going to the game on Saturday so I'm hoping they're back to their old ways.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Seems like goaltending bit them. I'm going to the game on Saturday so I'm hoping they're back to their old ways.

Don't forget to bring something for the teddy bear toss!

The ICE play the Oil Kings twice this week but Wednesday will be the marquee playoff preview matchup as I believe WJHC players report to camp later this week, so there will be several players missing from the EOK lineup for Saturday, plus I guess Lambos for Winnipeg although I'm not sure if he's over his injury yet anyway.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Last edited:

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I'm not familiar with Finley but he certainly adds a lot of size to the ICE lineup which they could use. This seems like a pretty good pickup for the ICE, it gives them great strength down the middle with three top-6 centres. It's a big step in the right direction but I'm still hoping for another trade or two to shore up the defense.

Also, are the ICE just going to roll with assistant captains this season? If so, I assume Finley gets an A?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm not familiar with Finley but he certainly adds a lot of size to the ICE lineup which they could use. This seems like a pretty good pickup for the ICE, it gives them great strength down the middle with three top-6 centres. It's a big step in the right direction but I'm still hoping for another trade or two to shore up the defense.

Also, are the ICE just going to roll with assistant captains this season? If so, I assume Finley gets an A?

I think the ICE will load up on older players near the trade deadline.

They'll probably name a captain after that.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
There was some rumors that the Ice were after Grieg from Brandon but the price is pretty high I expect. Have to see if Brandon decides to move him or not. Brandon is likely to make the playoffs and playoff gate money is life blood for the smaller teams

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I just heard that the WHL draft is this week?! That's odd, it's usually in the spring. Why is it so early this year?

The ICE select 3rd in the US prospects draft, and 18th in the domestic prospects draft.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
There was some rumors that the Ice were after Grieg from Brandon but the price is pretty high I expect. Have to see if Brandon decides to move him or not. Brandon is likely to make the playoffs and playoff gate money is life blood for the smaller teams

They should get Ryker Evans from the Pats, Regina's season is already circling the drain at this point.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I just heard that the WHL draft is this week?! That's odd, it's usually in the spring. Why is it so early this year?

The ICE select 3rd in the US prospects draft, and 18th in the domestic prospects draft.

Last year's bantam draft was canceled because of Covid so they are having it tomorrow. I kind of like a later draft as you can see what players are doing in Midget and if they have grown a bit. I hope they keep it.

Big day for Brandon tomorrow they have the 3,4 and 22nd picks.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I like the Ice Breaker Show, I wish they'd bring it back on the regular. It was basically the soundtrack to any yard work I was doing over the last couple of years :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad