OT: Winnipeg ICE 2021-2022 [ICE @ Brandon Fri Dec 17]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
Question for you guys:

I'm looking to buy a Winnipeg Ice jersey. I typically purchase adult small or medium NHL jerseys. Can you help translate that into WHL/CCM sizing?

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Question for you guys:

I'm looking to buy a Winnipeg Ice jersey. I typically purchase adult small or medium NHL jerseys. Can you help translate that into WHL/CCM sizing?

My Ice jersey is the first CCM Quicklite jersey that I've owned. I find it fits a bit on the smaller, more fitted side as with the current generation of Adizero NHL jerseys. If your closet is full of S/M NHL jerseys that probably means a M Ice jersey.

Best bet though is to just go to the Ice shop at The Rink and try a couple on.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Cool to see them heading to the playoffs in year 1

This is kind of a Colorado Avalanche 1996 scenario. Just as there was a lot of suffering in Quebec before the Avs swooped into Denver and won it all, there was a lot of suffering in Cranbrook that paved the way for the current success :laugh:

I don't think the team is built to go the distance yet, the blowout losses to Edmonton illustrate that. But as the team matures they will be a force. I can see them being serious WHL heavyweights next season. They could stand to shore up the defense and maybe add a little muscle. Picking up Dawson Barteaux was a good step in that direction but it shouldn't end there.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
This is kind of a Colorado Avalanche 1996 scenario. Just as there was a lot of suffering in Quebec before the Avs swooped into Denver and won it all, there was a lot of suffering in Cranbrook that paved the way for the current success :laugh:

I don't think the team is built to go the distance yet, the blowout losses to Edmonton illustrate that. But as the team matures they will be a force. I can see them being serious WHL heavyweights next season. They could stand to shore up the defense and maybe add a little muscle. Picking up Dawson Barteaux was a good step in that direction but it shouldn't end there.

Ya the Barteaux pick up was huge, I'm around these guys every home game as I run the teams social media on game days and there are two young dmen on this team that are going to take a big step next season and thats Carson Lambos and Ben Zloty. Lambos is already paired with Barteaux on the top pairing and has already shown how good he can be while Zloty on the 3rd pair is a bit smaller and has had some growing pains this year but the kid is very smart with the puck, has a high hockey IQ, a decent shot and is a great puck mover. He kind of reminds me of a Josh Morrissey a bit and should be on the 2nd pairing to start next season. This team is only going to get better, next season could be a very fun and exciting season.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Ya the Barteaux pick up was huge, I'm around these guys every home game as I run the teams social media on game days and there are two young dmen on this team that are going to take a big step next season and thats Carson Lambos and Ben Zloty. Lambos is already paired with Barteaux on the top pairing and has already shown how good he can be while Zloty on the 3rd pair is a bit smaller and has had some growing pains this year but the kid is very smart with the puck, has a high hockey IQ, a decent shot and is a great puck mover. He kind of reminds me of a Josh Morrissey a bit and should be on the 2nd pairing to start next season. This team is only going to get better, next season could be a very fun and exciting season.

Great insights.

If you run the team's social media then explain this to me, how did Nolan Orzeck become such a cult hero? Sound D man, but he must roll with a big posse. There is practically a wolfpack of guys that show up any time he gets mentioned in a tweet... :laugh:

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Great insights.

If you run the team's social media then explain this to me, how did Nolan Orzeck become such a cult hero? Sound D man, but he must roll with a big posse. There is practically a wolfpack of guys that show up any time he gets mentioned in a tweet... :laugh:

This baffles me as well, the guy is super shy during warm ups, he will say hi or nod his head when I see him but thats it. Guy also has the worst haircut on the team but I really don't think he gives a shit lol

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
A home and home against the Warriors is just what the doctor ordered for the Ice. I just hope there's something left in the tank for when they play PA on Sunday.

Who came up with this schedule anyway... game in Moose Jaw Friday night, game vs. Moose Jaw at home on Saturday, game at home vs. Prince Albert on Sunday. Yikes.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
PR_P5717-730x487.jpg

PR_P5977-730x487.jpg

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
A home and home against the Warriors is just what the doctor ordered for the Ice. I just hope there's something left in the tank for when they play PA on Sunday.

Who came up with this schedule anyway... game in Moose Jaw Friday night, game vs. Moose Jaw at home on Saturday, game at home vs. Prince Albert on Sunday. Yikes.
I'm going tonight...hopefully ICE have legs left. I agree what a crazy schedule.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I'm going tonight...hopefully ICE have legs left. I agree what a crazy schedule.

The only saving grace is that PA is also playing their third game in three nights. The schedule is crazy but at least it's fair.

See you there tonight, I'm going too. First game in a while for me with all of those road games. Should be quite a battle... thank goodness Krebs is back.

Reactions: MelikeJets

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Such an awesome game Sunday night. Very even, hard fought battle with a tough PA team, but it felt like the place exploded when Krebs finally broke the deadlock with what turned out to be the GWG.

That game was a good way to wash the bad taste of that Alberta road trip out of the team's mouth. A convincing 3-0 win over the division leaders is a very promising sign heading into the playoffs.

Also kind of cool to see the fans getting into it more and more. Before Christmas it was still a pretty quiet and subdued fanbase, but there was some real noise and passion on display last night.

Reactions: Guardian17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad