OT: Winnipeg Goldeyes discussion - FISH WIN! FISH WIN! Back to back titles!

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
lol this trophy presentation is on par with the Border West Baseball League baseball.

Just as many fans in attendance as well lol.

LOL

Wichita has like ~1000 attendance on average can't say I'm surprised that most of them left before (or didn't show up at all now that NFL started, Monday Night, etc)

GO FISH GO

Really amazing effort they fought tooth and nail for this one and deserve it. Didn't clinch playoffs until the last day of regular season and has been a nonstop battle since.

Feels good man

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
2016/17 Winnipeg Sports Fan's Checklist:

Goldeyes winning the American Association Title - CHECK

BlueBombers winning the Grey Cup - Pending - Status Report = 7 game winning streak has us On Schedule

Jets winning a Stanley Cup - Pending - Status Report = Currently tied for 1st place

2018/19 Winnerpeg?????

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Congrats to the Goldeyes!!!

But we can we get affiliated ball in Winnipeg ????? I think we might be out of our league in the AA.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Congrats to the Goldeyes!!!

But we can we get affiliated ball in Winnipeg ????? I think we might be out of our league in the AA.

The location isn't exactly ideal, there are no MiLB leagues based around here, the closest one would be the Midwest league where the closest team is probably Cedar Rapids and that's still an 11 hour bus ride.

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Tomorrow at 6:00 pm is the victory celebration at the park

(Doors open at 5:00)

Maybe a really dumb question but is beer among the beverages they are serving at this thing? I didn't go in 2012 (can't remember if they had one).

I just don't get the format of it. If its just a big end send out to the AA Champions where I get to hang out and drink beers at Shaw park one more time before winter I'm in.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Maybe a really dumb question but is beer among the beverages they are serving at this thing? I didn't go in 2012 (can't remember if they had one).

I just don't get the format of it. If its just a big end send out to the AA Champions where I get to hang out and drink beers at Shaw park one more time before winter I'm in.

I think so, check on the goldeyes twitter

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
The Goldeyes are back in the playoffs! Their first playoff game is right after the Banjo Bowl, at 6 p.m. Go Fish!

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
The Goldeyes are back in the playoffs! Their first playoff game is right after the Banjo Bowl, at 6 p.m. Go Fish!

I think thats the first home playoff game - I think they start the actual playoffs on Wednesday at Fargo or Lincoln?

I'm really hoping for a home championship win this year. (but will settle for another championship regardless!)

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
The Goldeyes open the American Association Division Series on Wednesday night against the Lincoln Saltdogs. First pitch from Haymarket Park in Lincoln, Neb., is scheduled for 6:45 p.m.

The Goldeyes host Game Three at Shaw Park on Saturday evening at 6:05 p.m., as well as the “if necessary” Games Four (September 10th, 4:05 p.m.) and Five (September 11th, 7:05 p.m.).

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/09/04/goldeyes-close-out-regular-season-with-win

Looks like they still broadcast games here:

https://www.americanassociationbaseball.tv/

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011

I like that the Goldeyes can write their own travel schedule for these playoffs, since with the best overall record in the league they'll be able to choose whether they go 2 away/3 home for each matchup. They typically win their championship on the road, so it'd be nice if we could get some high-stakes Playoff games back here at Shaw park

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
With the win today, the Fish are off to the finals again this year, and again against the Wichita Wingnuts. Go Fish!

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Pretty excited the Fish have the opportunity to win the Championship at home this year. It's anticlimactic to watch some grainy online feed, follow on Twitter, or listen to the radio...

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
From top to bottom, this team is better than last year's team. They have a real good shot at winning it again. Everyone in the lineup has the potential for home runs, led by DH David Bergin. Pleffner, Katz, Darvill, Abercrombie, Romanski and others rack up the RBIs. The rotation is stellar and the bullpen is steady. Let's go Fish

Last edited:

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
I was at Saturday's game and it was tremendous. This is one of the better lineups the Goldeyes have ever fielded. I believe they are playing games 3-5 at home in the final so we will see the championship awarded in Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad