OT: Winnipeg Goldeyes discussion - FISH WIN! FISH WIN! Back to back titles!

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
It's the battle of the "Red W" logos as the Wichita Wingnuts take on your hometown Goldeyes.

146px-WinnipegGoldeyes.PNG
VS
2RdkTLf.png

Tickets for game 1 and 2: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Winnipeg-Goldeyes-tickets/artist/891598?brand=winnipeggoldeyes

Game 1 (Winnipeg): Wed. Sept 14 7:00 pm
Game 2 (Winnipeg): Thurs. Sept 15 7:00 pm
Game 3 (Wichita): Sat. Sept 17 7:00 pm
Game 4* (Wichita): Sun Sept 18 5:00 pm
Game 5* (Wichita): Mon Sept 19 7:00 pm

*If Necessary

WATCH ALL GAMES LIVE HERE: http://www.americanassociationbaseball.tv/

Starting pitchers and lineups can be found on (I assume):

Goldeyes Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wpg_Goldeyes
Wingnuts Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wingnuts_ICT

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Quite stoked for this myself. Didn't expect them to come back after Saturday night.

Worked quite conveniently that we had the FINvsUSA game tonight, NAvsCZE tomorrow afternoon, followed by Goldeyes game tomorrow and Thursday evening. Bombers and WC Saturday afternoon. Hopefully the fish can sweep and have a nice party in Wichita on Saturday night leaving Sunday for NFL and more hockey.

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Yup!

Anyone else going to game 1 tonight?

Should be going tonight and tomorrow. Maybe a bit later but will be there for most of the game.

I went to a playoff game earlier this year, and it just hits me how well that stadium holds up. Still Feels brand new to me.

Yeah its run well. Perfect size for the Goldeyes. Sometimes sells out but never seems to be unprofitable even when its only half packed.

The only thing thats just bad to me is those stock scoreboard animations they have had since the late 90s (the 'walk' and 'stolen base' ones are particularly cheap looking). I swear I saw some of those in elementary school.

It does the trick I guess lol but wouldn't be surprised if its just really old 'Scoreboard OS 98'' or something clips included when they originally purchased it.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Should be going tonight and tomorrow. Maybe a bit later but will be there for most of the game.

Yeah its run well. Perfect size for the Goldeyes. Sometimes sells out but never seems to be unprofitable even when its only half packed.

The only thing thats just bad to me is those stock scoreboard animations they have had since the late 90s (the 'walk' and 'stolen base' ones are particularly cheap looking). I swear I saw some of those in elementary school.

It does the trick I guess lol but wouldn't be surprised if its just really old 'Scoreboard OS 98'' or something clips included when they originally purchased it.

Wasnt thinking of the video board, lol, yeah, that is the one thing that feels older

Middle 3rd winnipeg up 2-0

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Thanks for making this thread, I was thinking of making one but didn't know if it would interest anyone. We've got quite the lineup for hitters and Edwin Carl and Mikey O'Brien are studs on the mound. Our closer seems solid too. Go Fish!

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Complete effort tonight.

Should have racked up a lot more runs tonight. Pitching was dynomite, and there was good defense as well.

Lol getfing a goldeyes ad on this page

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Tell me something -- I thought I'd heard that Wpg had the second best record in the league behind St Paul. Yet they only have two home games & Wichita has three. Did Wich have a better record?

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Tell me something -- I thought I'd heard that Wpg had the second best record in the league behind St Paul. Yet they only have two home games & Wichita has three. Did Wich have a better record?

Wichita was tied with St Paul for first, so that may be where the confusion occured

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
I am no baseball fan, but Shaw Park is a great way to spend an afternoon. Just a great location for a ball park. Imagine what that land would be worth today with everything else popping up around it.

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Bad game last night - nothing seemed to go our way - but was great to take in Shaw Park for one more game. Fish will have to rally in Wichita lets hope they don't make us sit through another super close 5 game series like St.Paul in the semi. That was almost too much. Would like them to take it home on Sunday night :).

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Game 3 tonight

Anyone know if the stream is gonna work tonight or is Wichita not set up for the live streams on americanassociationbaseball.tv ?

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
7-4 Wichita in the 8th, according to the Wingnuts Twitter.

Yeah found out the streams cost $7.00 USD I guess Wichita has it set up to charge for viewing. Winnipeg, Fargo, St.Paul all show for free.

Fish lost. At least they almost made a comeback in this one.

Hopefully they can pull off another Sunday and Monday win this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad