OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2023 Season - Another terrible disappointment. NEXT: Tough Decisions on How to Rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

Smart move from Buck there IMO.

He'll be in demand as long as Winnipeg has the Oline that it does. Wait for a better opportunity.

And I would have been really surprised if Oshea had gone anywhere else - would have taken an insane offer, and because of the operations cap, there really isn't a market able to do so.

PS the operations cap is garbage.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think that both had problems with injuries and and as such were easily replaced

I find both of these decisions very odd to be honest. Obviously I don't know the whole story.

Rene is under a rookie deal. Yes he got hurt minutes into his first game but with his contract status why not bring him to see if he can get over the injury issues. Huge upside.

Thompson seemed to be shaping up as a quality STer. Can't think he'd have been super expensive.

Agreed the injuries are the risk with them. But it's one thing to worry about that will expensive guys. When your talking about end of roster guys with upside, why not keep them around as you can have other league min guys right behind them just in case. Idk I'm not broken up by it and I trust this management group but these moves seem odd to me.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Like to Streveler back. But he seems to making good coin bouncing between a few NFL team practice rosters. Currently on the Jets PS all season don’t know why they haven’t used him at least once for a short down play. I’m sure he still a good running threat

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Like to Streveler back. But he seems to making good coin bouncing between a few NFL team practice rosters. Currently on the Jets PS all season don’t know why they haven’t used him at least once for a short down play. I’m sure he still a good running threat
3 games from NFL pension?

Reactions: Jetland162702

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I find both of these decisions very odd to be honest. Obviously I don't know the whole story.

Rene is under a rookie deal. Yes he got hurt minutes into his first game but with his contract status why not bring him to see if he can get over the injury issues. Huge upside.

Thompson seemed to be shaping up as a quality STer. Can't think he'd have been super expensive.

Agreed the injuries are the risk with them. But it's one thing to worry about that will expensive guys. When your talking about end of roster guys with upside, why not keep them around as you can have other league min guys right behind them just in case. Idk I'm not broken up by it and I trust this management group but these moves seem odd to me.
I don't think Rene has the upside, more of a higher floor, low ceiling kind of guy. Obviously played at a higher level for amateur than most Canadians, but was injured so much plus Covid that he spent 7 years there.

Thompson has also had incredible injuries. Since he finished on PR they had a neg list window to negotiate an extension and I'd guess he wants a bit more than they value him at. Wouldn't be surprised to see Thompson again at some point.

Rene is likely done with football.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I love Oshea, best coach we've had in my lifetime. As great a coach as he was a player !!!!!

And some wanted him fired a couple years in.
In fairness his tenure didn’t start great and he made glowing errors in games. He learned and improved and built a culture so good on him.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Urgh 4 home Thursday night games. That sucks the big one.

Only 1 October home game is nice I guess.

Tor and Ott only once each. Looks like CFL's decided to limit East-West games as a way to artificially inflate East records (since west always dominates those games).

Reactions: SLAYER
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad