OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2023 Season - Another terrible disappointment. NEXT: Tough Decisions on How to Rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018

super-day-monty-python.gif

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Signing Brady is awesome - I would not have wanted to face him if he was playing for anyone else!!! He singlehandedly won us games last year...

(Edit: well, technically our O line helped a lot in those long drives, but the extra push he provided was so impressive, so hard to take down he'd get us those extra couple of yards to keep drives alive and burn up the clock)

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'd spend that $$ on betts
I’d hesitate going hard after Betts.

He was fantastic last year, no doubt, but it’s odd for a guy who’s been in the league for three or four years to come out of nowhere like that after being mediocre his whole career. Plus, he started out like a bat out of hell last season but his play really tailed off the second half of the season and he was a no show against us in the West Final. I think it’s possible he was a flash in the pan.

I’d rather allocate our funds elsewhere. Our d-line does need some injection of youth and talent, but I think we can find a cheap American to takeover for Jeffcoat. Hell, Haba was pretty good last year.

I think the price for Betts will be too high, especially given his passport, and partially because we’re loaded with Canadian talent already, we won’t be able to pony up what’s needed for him.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Wow Walter's off the top rope with a steel chair!!

I’d hesitate going hard after Betts.

He was fantastic last year, no doubt, but it’s odd for a guy who’s been in the league for three or four years to come out of nowhere like that after being mediocre his whole career. Plus, he started out like a bat out of hell last season but his play really tailed off the second half of the season and he was a no show against us in the West Final. I think it’s possible he was a flash in the pan.

I’d rather allocate our funds elsewhere. Our d-line does need some injection of youth and talent, but I think we can find a cheap American to takeover for Jeffcoat. Hell, Haba was pretty good last year.

I think the price for Betts will be too high, especially given his passport, and partially because we’re loaded with Canadian talent already, we won’t be able to pony up what’s needed for him.
I will now agree with this and get a Haba jersey.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Love that they've been able to keep so many guys. Seems like the ones gone so far are Hardrick, Houston, and JJ. Without knowing what guys are signing for, do we know how much more we have to spend, where it could go, etc? This is where a CFL Cap Friendly would be handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad