OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2019 Off Season Thread

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Got a policing job back home in B.C. Assuming that’s something he really wanted to do. That, and football is a dangerous sport so he may have wanted to retire before it took a toll on his body.

Physically hard and possible chronic ailments for sure...

But dangerous... ?

Like a police officer in the Lower Mainland of B.C. .... ?

Now that's dangerous...

Had a high school buddy that was just that for 8 years...

Had to retire from it early...

Still has PTSD to this day...

And he was a tough Son of a Bitch...

Takes a lot of Courage...

I wish Goosen the best... and he is a tough Son of a Bitch...

Great Blue Bomber... will miss him...

:clap:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Reilly to Lions

Heard his contract can go well above 650k with bonuses.

Sucks to lose Santos-Knox, his first season he was too aggressive and all over the field in the wrong places. Last season was a significant improvement but he was in the shadow of Bighill, I assume whatever team signs him will be looking to slot him at MIKE.

We'll see how much space the Lions have, but it sounds like Chungh might be going home to BC even if the Bombers outbid them.

Reactions: GNP

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Sounds like the Bombers will be going hard after Greg Ellingson. Sounds like Dressler is not in the Bombers plans.

Reactions: cam7aylor

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Well having a good o-line was fun while it lasted.

Goosen retired (godspeed in your future endeavors, you big beautiful man) and losing Chungh means that line is essentially in shambles. Bad, bad omen given how much Nichols loves to hold on to the ball.

Reactions: Jets 31

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

Goosen retired (godspeed in your future endeavors, you big beautiful man) and losing Chungh means that line is essentially in shambles. Bad, bad omen given how much Nichols loves to hold on to the ball.

O-Line was the entire reason behind this nice little run for the bombers. It's a steep drop if they go down to even average at that group.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Biggest loss of them all will be Chungh and Goossen. Really irritating losing them both. Hopefully all of Calgary’s team goes to the CFL. Otherwise the West will be a bloodbath. Calgary and BC should both be ahead of us but we should be able to beat out Sask to make the playoffs. Edmonton will probably suck this year as well

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Biggest loss of them all will be Chungh and Goossen. Really irritating losing them both. Hopefully all of Calgary’s team goes to the CFL. Otherwise the West will be a bloodbath. Calgary and BC should both be ahead of us but we should be able to beat out Sask to make the playoffs. Edmonton will probably suck this year as well
They are significant losses but don't forget we have Geoff Gray in the pipeline. I'd also expect the Bombers to sign another quality Canadian OL in free agency; possibly John Gott.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

If we don't have the best O line in the CFL next season , we are cooked with Nichols , he is too slow and can't scramble even a little . :shakehead

Reactions: snowkiddin

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Heard his contract can go well above 650k with bonuses.

Sucks to lose Santos- Know, his first season he was too aggressive and all over the field in the wrong places. Last season was a significant improvement but he was in the shadow of Bighill, I assume whatever team signs him will be looking to slot him at MIKE.

We'll see how much space the Lions have, but it sounds like Chungh might be going home to BC even if the Bombers outbid them.

I agree -Santos Knox is the biggest loss, I've read here. He's really good, good size,mobile, with tons of upside. They should really try to sign him.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
If we don't have the best O line in the CFL next season , we are cooked with Nichols , he is too slow and can't scramble even a little . :shakehead
The beginning of the season could definitely be rough while the o-line is coming together. Maybe the rest of the season too. Good thing we have a promising qb with good wheels waiting in the wings...

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Nichols quick release and Lapo's schemes makes the OL look a lot better than it really is. We'll be just fine this season re. the OL.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017

I agree -Santos Knox is the biggest loss, I've read here. He's really good, good size,mobile, with tons of upside. They should really try to sign him.
He's already said he's moving on.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
That slamming sound you just heard? That was the Bombers' window closing. BC going all in for a Cup run, while we watch Gramps get trampled every game. Riders should be strong now that we've denied them LaPo as their head coach. Just gotta hope the East side sucks so the Bombers can fight with Edmonton for a crossover spot. More hot takes to follow... :nod:

None

Feb 22, 2012

Should be interesting to see what happens with Harris now. Harris behind the same o-line that Reilly had will be a disaster is my prediction.
Hamilton needed to run full pass protect schemes to get the most out of Harris, it's not gonna work with the weak interior that Edmonton has.

Edit:

Covers the second most important part of their OL at LT. I wonder how much more he's making than Bryant Stanley?

Edit 2: Another confirmation, this time actually regarding the Bombers unfortunately

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Losing Chungh, Goossen, JSK and Loffler is rough. Bombers to the pit of misery! Dilly dilly!

Edit: Also, where the heck is BC getting all this money from?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Losing Chungh, Goossen, JSK and Loffler is rough. Bombers to the pit of misery! Dilly dilly!

Edit: Also, where the heck is BC getting all this money from?

Maybe the Lions are using the Jets model small venue high ticket prices, heck I'm sure the Lions averaged at least 19K a game last season!
:sarcasm:

None

Feb 22, 2012
I doubt the Esks or Lions are cap compliant right now. The contracts they've given out today are probably more than a quarter of the 2018 cap, there's no way they're not going to be making big cuts.

Western teams picking apart the East like vultures today.

The CFL has a problem with only auditing teams cap compliancy twice a year.

Edit:
F3WET9q.png

CFL's official twitter making a mistake. Tweet's been deleted obviously.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad