Rumor: Winnipeg and Colorado Top Paul Stastny's List of Eventual Landing Spots

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Avs look like Edmonton V2.Good players-bad team.No chance at a Cup in my lifetime.

The Jets were the youngest team in the playoffs and would have won if not for a hot MAF/cold Ehlers/Laine.

We're give them Bryan Little as a consolation prize.

The Avs have the assets and cap space to effectively address their offensive depth issues. The Oilers do not.

Colorado can sign Stastny and afford to go get him a quality linemate (Skinner/Pacioretty via trade or van Riemsdyk/Neal via free agency.) The Avs also have that Ottawa 1st if the team wants to go "big game hunting."

Sakic is a couple moves away from making Colorado an actual threat. I say this without bias.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I said all along Stastny returning to Colorado makes sense. His family loves the city, he would have a good role on the team and the future looks good there.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Ah yes, well known tropical location Denver Colorado
Obviously has never been to Denver. Weather is absolutely incredible. 300 days of sun. I think it snowed 2-3 times last year. And when it does snow, we actually like it because we have beautiful mountain resorts. Not trying to insult Winnipeg's weather, but Denver is one of the best places to live weather wise.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Paul, don't listen to them. Wpg loves you.

As soon as the cap situation is squared away, Chevy has his work cut out for him with RFAs needing signed. Don't know if Statsny will be willing to wait for that. I think Colorado is in better shape to accommodate him come July 1st. All I know is that I'm glad it's on Sunday this year.

Reactions: Jets88

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
I feel considering all of Colorado’s cap space they would make a serious run at Tavares. If not I feel Stastny would be perfect with Colorado again. Who knows, maybe they can fit both
I think you will see Stastny wait till after JT signs before choosing. Easy to assume just about any team that makes a run at Tavares and doesn’t land him will turn to Pauly next

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I feel considering all of Colorado’s cap space they would make a serious run at Tavares. If not I feel Stastny would be perfect with Colorado again. Who knows, maybe they can fit both
That'd be ideal, but I bet is a longshot. And Stastny is one of the few guys we know would be welcomed into the room with open arms and no drama. I'm sure they also have an internal salary cap going no higher than MacKinnon for anyone outside of Tavares.

Reactions: MacBradley

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
Obviously has never been to Denver. Weather is absolutely incredible. 300 days of sun. I think it snowed 2-3 times last year. And when it does snow, we actually like it because we have beautiful mountain resorts. Not trying to insult Winnipeg's weather, but Denver is one of the best places to live weather wise.

Correct.I wish we had Denver weather here in the winter.Do you know what we have?

aAEmHKo.jpg

200,000 lakes!

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He'll be one of the few players among Lee Stempniak I'd be cool with scoring against the Jets. I'd love him back in Winnipeg, but it doesn't look like he will be unless he were to take a pay cut.

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Would love to have him back on Jets but don’t think we can give him the term he needs.
Avs or Blues would be cool too.
Very nice guy and well respected

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad