Rumor: Winnipeg and Colorado Top Paul Stastny's List of Eventual Landing Spots

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Gut feeling is CO even though it's my team. He's literally 100% a player they need. He's got good chemistry with players on the team too. I'd be pumped with a 4 year contract, if it took 5 to get him cheaper i'd be okay with it.

Reactions: MacBradley

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
He’s one player who has done a spectacular job of getting paid on every contract he’s signed. I think if he stays in Winnipeg or goes to Colorado he’ll sign around 3-4 years at something starting with a 5. If he signes elsewhere he’ll probably get paid very well at closer to 6.5mil

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Colorado....Blues will trade you guys the Stastny "I'm coming home" video he had here in Stl. 5th round pick and its yours

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Who is Andy Strickland? He doesn't know **** apparently

Blues blogger. Not the greatest, but not going to make things up for the heck of it.

It's not exactly a secret that Stastny really liked it in Colorado. He really only left because they had Mackinnon, Duchene, and ROR pushing him down the depth chart right as he was entering his prime. Different circumstances now make it a better fit.

I'm sure the Blues will be in touch, and I'd welcome him back. He certainly wasn't the problem. But I think they'll go in a different direction. Tavares, a trade for ROR, Tyler Johnson, or even a trade for Panarin combined with a cheaper UFA center like Bozak.

Last edited:

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Would like to keep him, but can't see it happening unless someone gets traded from the Jets.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Blues blogger. Not the greatest, but not going to make things up for the heck of it.

It's not exactly a secret that Stastny really liked it in Colorado. He really only left because they had Mackinnon, Duchene, and ROR pushing him down the depth chart right as he was entering his prime. Different circumstances now make it a better fit.

I'm sure the Blues will be in touch, and I'd welcome him back. He certainly wasn't the problem. But I think they'll go in a different direction. Tavares, a trade for ROR, Tyler Johnson, or even a trade for Panarin combined with a cheaper UFA center like Bozak.

Well, in addition to the Blues giving him a very lucrative offer at the time. I believe if the Avs offered the same contract to Staz, he would've resigned with the Avs but there was extraneous factors such as the Duchene cap and trying to create a certain culture (which both failed, but it was semi-logical at the time).

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Stastny's already one of favourite Jets players.

The way he kept taking initiative in communicating with his linemates on the first day of his job and he just made himslf fit right in was so nice to see

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
I’m ok with him not signing in Winnipeg. He is too old. How many guys his age are good deals a couple years later?

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I’m ok with him not signing in Winnipeg. He is too old. How many guys his age are good deals a couple years later?

If he helps us win a cup (and he would certainly be a major contribution to that), who cares? He made Ehlers and Laine extremely dangerous, he is worth that risk. The team liked him, he liked the team, the crowd loves him, and Stastny wants to compete. This is a great match.

I would happily ship out Myers, Mason and Perreault for him. I bet Wheeler, and perhaps others, take a discount if Stastny is around longer term. This is a contender, it is one of few juggernaut teams in the NHL. The players still have lots of opportunities to make money (or already has). If they win a cup, the players will get PAID.

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers - Stastny - Laine
Vesalainen - Little - Roslovic
Copp - Lowry - Armia

Last edited:
Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
It's not exactly a secret that Stastny really liked it in Colorado. He really only left because they had Mackinnon, Duchene, and ROR pushing him down the depth chart right as he was entering his prime. .

He liked it in Denver? Sure.

He left because of Mac, Dutch and ROR were entering their prime? Partly (maybe). He was heavy overpayed by the Blues. Don´t underestimate the money....So he didn´t just left because of other players entering their prime. He also left because the Blues offerd more money than the Avs were willing to do and Pauly has family ties there....

If we land Stastny for a reasonable price and term, ok. Otherwise? Stay away from a bidding war. To be honest: Pauly will be the fall-back-Option for some teams who wont get JT....

IF (!!) it really comes down to COL or WPG: Can the Jets afford Stastny for at least 3 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad