GDT: Winners vs Ducks 4PM PST, 7PM EST

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
"This isn't junior peewee" when talking directly about Manson and Sekac,
is worse IMO than saying our best players need to be our best players, and they haven't been. So that's why I reacted.
The reason they are supposed to be our best players is obvious.
When your best player has 1 goal, and an infamous/no work/ no look drop pass, you can call him out as well.
Or Bieksa continuing to get ridiculous minutes while being an embarrassment? Haven't heard too many comments about Bieksa or Lindholm needing to stay on their feet.
How about the brain cramp change in overtime which left Fowler hanging? Can't call out Silfv, contract too big.

Call out the guys who you can bench without standing up to the supposed stars who basically suck this year.
But it will be ok, we have all the cliches covered. By the way, with the contracts we have, this is just speeding up towards the iceberg

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
bruce has called out the top players, he has called out everyone. he has been fair in his criticism's.

I agree, he's been pretty honest when it comes to the problems after each game.

I would honestly like to know what is going on in the locker room. How is this dynamic so messed up right now. It almost appears to be no solution and no coming out of this without a change of scenery for Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and Bieksa.

There was a shot of the bench in the OT last night, and Hagelin was in the shot with a face that said "screw you" and "how did I get here, I should be in New York". Bruce trucks the same guys out every OT with the same result. You want to send a message. Sit all the big names in OT and put out the guys who never get a chance.

This is the biggest mess in the NHL, second to none.

In several games, you can hear our commentators saying the following, "Our players just aren't skating." You heard it again last night with Vatanen behind the net looking for players to give the puck up to, but they were just standing there waiting for Vatanen to do something with it.

I'm wondering... is our offense too reliant on our puck moving defensemen to do the yeoman work of bringing the puck up and such? I've seen more Vats, Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Bieksa, and Stoner bring the puck into the offensive zone more so this year.

It's also like they're (the players) are living in the past thinking they can come back at any time, except this year they don't have the juice to do it.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I believe somebody already mentioned this but this team no longer appears to be built for the cycle game. Getz and Perry can no longer dominate the cycle like before. We have no other big players who can remotely generate any offense with the cycle. Without Getzlaf and Perry dominating the cycle we have no offense. And it shows with all of the standing around by almost everybody almost every game. We have no plan B based on quick break outs or anything built around speed because we have no real scorers to cash in on those kind of opportunities.

Our speediest forwards have no knack for scoring even when their speed generates offensive opportunities. We have no real secondary scoring and it's hard to expect production form the blueline when you're offense is last in the league in scoring.

Unless this team can turn on a dime and become a defensive powerhouse, there is no quick or simple fix.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
I believe somebody already mentioned this but this team no longer appears to be built for the cycle game. Getz and Perry can no longer dominate the cycle like before. We have no other big players who can remotely generate any offense with the cycle. Without Getzlaf and Perry dominating the cycle we have no offense. And it shows with all of the standing around by almost everybody almost every game. We have no plan B based on quick break outs or anything built around speed because we have no real scorers to cash in on those kind of opportunities.

Our speediest forwards have no knack for scoring even when their speed generates offensive opportunities. We have no real secondary scoring and it's hard to expect production form the blueline when you're offense is last in the league in scoring.

Unless this team can turn on a dime and become a defensive powerhouse, there is no quick or simple fix.

And that's why Paddy worked well with the Twins. Big bodies that cycled well. Without that process, each part struggles.

WrecKed

Jun 20, 2013
Manitoba
Step One: Get first overall pick

Step Two: Draft Auston Matthews

Step Three: Bring Marc Crawford over with Matthews?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad