GDT: Winners vs Ducks 4PM PST, 7PM EST

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
The highlight of the night was me thinking that I was out of whiskey, but then realizing that I wasn't completely out of whiskey,

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
The dumb ass will never call out his boy Bieksa though

say it getzlaf BB not the young guys who are trying to find there way in this game....yes they do deserve that, but i atleast understand there turnover's over getzlafs blind, through his legs drop pass in OT that lead to a breakaway game winner...and that isnt his only one....getzlaf is ROBBING this team right now, and IMO if your going to "blame" any player, you better blame him...also this is a bad bad quote from BB for so many reasons, make me think he is just about done.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
BB just lost me.
I understand there is frustration, but the peewee comment when
your stars are basically useless sucks.
Getzlaf must be wearing his helmet to dinner
Bieksa is auditioning to be a zamboni most nights
Lindholm looks like Bambi on the frozen pond

And he calls out two guys, who made mistakes for sure, but are at least
working every shift, and pretty much giving what's expected of them.

Gonna call guys peewees, can we start the KFC videos then?
Need Jim Schoenfeld to sum up Bruce

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Bruce%2BBoudreau.jpg

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
say it getzlaf BB not the young guys who are trying to find there way in this game....yes they do deserve that, but i atleast understand there turnover's over getzlafs blind, through his legs drop pass in OT that lead to a breakaway game winner...and that isnt his only one....getzlaf is ROBBING this team right now, and IMO if your going to "blame" any player, you better blame him...also this is a bad bad quote from BB for so many reasons, make me think he is just about done.

He didn't post the second part of the quote. It's not as bad as it reads.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
19 SOG. The Kings just had more than that in one period, though I do take Staples SOG with a grain of salt having seen how they "count" in person.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
BB just lost me.
I understand there is frustration, but the peewee comment when
your stars are basically useless sucks.
Getzlaf must be wearing his helmet to dinner
Bieksa is auditioning to be a zamboni most nights
Lindholm looks like Bambi on the frozen pond

And he calls out two guys, who made mistakes for sure, but are at least
working every shift, and pretty much giving what's expected of them.

Gonna call guys peewees, can we start the KFC videos then?
Need Jim Schoenfeld to sum up Bruce

I agree. This pisses me off. **** off Bruce.

tANNERRRR54

Sep 12, 2012
Southern California
I truly don't even care about this team this season. Try not watching. It does wonders. This season is done and this team is only going to regress from here. So sad. One game away from the cup finals last year and now last in the league.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
I love Bruce's comments, hope to see more of them especially about Getzlaf. He knows his time is almost up so **** it

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Delighted to see Sekac get rewarded by someone finally scoring one of his passes. That's his 27th moral victory assist of the season!

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Delighted to see Sekac get rewarded by someone finally scoring one of his passes. That's his 27th moral victory assist of the season!

He's so awesome.

Manson and Sekac deserved what they got, folks. Without those two peewee mistakes we win the game. I'm surprised there's such a backlash but maybe I shouldn't be. Bieksa deserves it too, but . . . yeah whatever.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Bruce should worry less about our young players and more about the guys who are supposed to be setting an example for this team. Yes I realize those were both brutal turnovers and he was probably responding to a direct question about them, but steer the focus and blame to where it really lies which is at the top.

I think it's a moot point now, Bruce doesn't make it the third week of January.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'd rather we just sucked the rest of the season and got some young talent and a hard look at the roster this offseason. What a sad chore it is to watch these headcases.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
I agree, he's been pretty honest when it comes to the problems after each game.

I would honestly like to know what is going on in the locker room. How is this dynamic so messed up right now. It almost appears to be no solution and no coming out of this without a change of scenery for Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and Bieksa.

There was a shot of the bench in the OT last night, and Hagelin was in the shot with a face that said "screw you" and "how did I get here, I should be in New York". Bruce trucks the same guys out every OT with the same result. You want to send a message. Sit all the big names in OT and put out the guys who never get a chance.

This is the biggest mess in the NHL, second to none.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
bruce has called out the top players, he has called out everyone. he has been fair in his criticism's.

I disagree. What has he said about Bieska? His general comments about "top players" needing to be better have been much more benign. The remark about Sekac and Manson was pretty harsh... yeah, they cost us the game, but it's one game. How many games have some of the other guys, like Getz cost us with stupid plays and little effort?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He called out the guys who actually lost the game with some pretty inexcusable plays, not long after he called out his top players for not being his top players and his starter for the last year for being soft when they were the reasons for losses. I'm not sure why people are offended by those quotes.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He called out the guys who actually lost the game with some pretty inexcusable plays, not long after he called out his top players for not being his top players and his starter for the last year for being soft when they were the reasons for losses. I'm not sure why people are offended by those quotes.

Because they're not the standard whipping boys around here.

Getz was a positive factor on both our goals. He's still awful, but he wasn't the reason we lost last night.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I truly don't even care about this team this season. Try not watching. It does wonders. This season is done and this team is only going to regress from here. So sad. One game away from the cup finals last year and now last in the league.

We are not last, we are 29th. Not only does this suck, but we traded our second round pick for Bieksa. So we gave up the 32nd pick in the draft as things stand now.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I disagree. What has he said about Bieska? His general comments about "top players" needing to be better have been much more benign. The remark about Sekac and Manson was pretty harsh... yeah, they cost us the game, but it's one game. How many games have some of the other guys, like Getz cost us with stupid plays and little effort?
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/writer-693932-ducks-estephens.html

BRUCE BOUDREAU

(on Bieksa’s continued struggles …)

“He’s a veteran guy that has to fight his way out of this. We count on him to not make mistakes. We will go as far as guys like him take us.â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad