GDT: Winners vs Ducks 4PM PST, 7PM EST

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
My instinct for today, and for most other games for the rest of the year at this point:

tumblr_malwc2qobo1qa5yvio2_r2_500.gif

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
CAUTION: Giving credit to Bieksa is strictly forbidden. It has jinxed him to suffer immediate brain farts in each of the last two games. I take full responsibilty for last night's loss. Let's move forward and not repeat past mistakes.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
CAUTION: Giving credit to Bieksa is strictly forbidden. It has jinxed him to suffer immediate brain farts in each of the last two games. I take full responsibilty for last night's loss. Let's move forward and not repeat past mistakes.

Bieksa has delusions of adequacy.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Assuming Gibson in net.

Friberg should be in. Thompson returns from suspension. So two healthy scratch forwards needed: Maroon and Santorelli?

Bigger question is will Bob and the ownership Fire Boudreau for Christmas after today's loss?

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Just scratch Silfverberg, for God's sakes. Silf and Santo need to take a good look at themselves in the mirror.

I'm surprised nobody's gotten on Santorelli's case. He's like a worse version of Cogs/Hags in that he can't even get the puck into the zone properly.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
One team is going to win 7-0. The other team is the Ducks. #amirite?

NO!

Ducks win 7-0. Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen all score 5 goals each. "But you said 7-..." SILENCE! With the power of Corsi, nothing is impossible!

The King will be dethroned and this embarrassing loss will forever stain his clothing...sense? So lost, and naked, he is to wander the streets of New York.

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
It probably doesn't help that Bieksa plays 20+ minutes a night or the fact we have a coaching staff who are apparently incapable of implementing any sort of defensive system.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Just scratch Silfverberg, for God's sakes. Silf and Santo need to take a good look at themselves in the mirror.

I'm surprised nobody's gotten on Santorelli's case. He's like a worse version of Cogs/Hags in that he can't even get the puck into the zone properly.

I've noticed it, but it's a little easier to deal with when you're making 800k and not 3 + million. That's what is so ****ing irritating about Murray's offseason. We lacked goal scorers, and he trades away guys like Palmieri. Then he replaces Beleskey with something we already had in Hagelin.

Hagelin, Cogliano, Sekac, Santo, and Silfverberg. Complete ****ing joke that all these guys are on the same roster. Let alone making 13-14 million combined on a budget team. **** you Murray.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
For being such a **** season, the Ducks are literally 3 games out of a playoff spot and they have 3 games at hand against a lot of teams

High Glove

Jul 6, 2006
SoCal
I'm not mad at Santo or Maroon, but I'll take shotgun on the "Bieksa Sucks" bandwagon. How anyone thought he was an acceptable "replacement" for Beauch is beyond my comprehension. :rant:

More to the point though, it's time for GMBM to do something. Anything. I don't really care what he does at this point as long as he takes some decisive action that jolts the team. Status quo is not working--not even a little bit.

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
Well the blood ritual failed miserably yesterday. What really bugged me was Getzlaf, Maroon and Boudreau making jokes and laughing all game long, esp. Getzlaf - I sat directly behind their bench, row 3.

Nice to know our captain and coach enjoy losing so much - "keep the game fun, kids!" :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad