Post-Game Talk (GBU): Winnepeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres 3PM 02/23/2020

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
That was just about the best performance of the season, the last 5 minutes in particular.

I'm more impressed by today's win then the Pittsburgh win. This teams biggest problem has been gutting out close games, failing to shut the door once we go up when they fall back into the trap game. Very impressed they held the Jets to zero shots in the final 8 minutes or so, that's the type of game you need to perfect to win playoff games, holding on to a lead and not letting the other team just tee off on your goalie for the final 20. Also feels nice to get secondary scoring, just shows how important those 15-20 goals a year from your bottom 6 can be.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
We may end up so lucky we helped healed and held onto Kyle Okposo.. He is a fighter... I am beyond impressed by his will.

Hes overpaid but hes overpaid to be a veteran presence that chips in 20-30, if he can get 15-20 while bringing this sort of effort I'd happily play him for his entire contract. Concussions set him back, he finally looks to be getting back to form, hes a soldier for sure, just dont want him retiring broken.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Congrats JJ. Jets missed the net a tonne, but he was aggressive and got something in the way when needed. Generally solid display in front of him too.

Dont get to watch many games, these weekend afternoon games are about it with time difference. Vesey... Really hope thats his last game for us. That shift midway through the third giveaway every time he touched the puck: mishandling, hit and hope passes, just p*ss poor. RJ comment about him being the sure thing closing out the game over VO on Eichels line made me laugh.

LOG line were great. If we trade or let Larsson walk that's another hole we will dig for ourselves. That line is effective and without him there we really are a one line team.

Reactions: jd1970

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
giphy.gif

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Keep the LOG line forever, please. I liked that third period from the team. Wasn't pretty in spots, but it was effective. Congrats to JJ for getting win number 1.

If the team plays like this in front of him I think JJ should get a chance to show hes ahead of Hutton at this point. I dont want to say hes a better goalie just yet, but the team in front of him was blocking whatever they could and not giving him much work, so let's just keep doing that until Ullmark is back.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Kyle Okposo, just beat the Winnipeg Jets. Yes, my mind is extremely f***ed. The bloody **** just happened. Good on Johannson for proving that even when you're discounted in the pecking order, you can still claw and fight your way up! What a statement win for that kid. Awesome job by the team defense as well. I will excitedly watch Kyle Okposo score two goals when I get home.

Reactions: k8prisoner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad