Post-Game Talk (GBU): Winnepeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres 3PM 02/23/2020

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
JETS at SABRES
  • This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Jets this season.
  • Last meeting: Winnipeg defeated Buffalo 3-1 in Buffalo on Feb. 10, 2019
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, March 3 in Buffalo Winnipeg
  • The Sabres are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Jets; 4-5-1 at home.
  • This is the 64th game all-time between Buffalo and Winnipeg; Buffalo has a 27-25-11 series record.
  • The Sabres are 17-11-4 at home against the Jets all-time.
HINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
  • The Sabres are 6-2-2 in afternoon games this season, including a 5-2-0 record at home.
  • Henri Jokiharju is expected to appear in his 100th NHL game today.
  • Jack Eichel has recorded at least a point in each of Buffalo’s last seven games (4+7). It’s his third point streak of at least seven games this season.
  • Rasmus Dahlin enters today’s game on a career-best six-game point streak (1+6). He has recorded at least a point in 14 of his last 17 games (2+14) dating back to Jan. 4.
  • Rasmus Ristolainen has tallied at least one assist in each of Buffalo’s last four games, totaling six assists and a plus-7 rating in those contests.
  • Kyle Okposo enters today’s game on a three-game point streak (2+1).
  • Game Preview: 2/23/20 vs. Winnipeg

The Jets dropped a 4-2 decision to the Flyers Saturday afternoon. Newly acquired Cody Eakin will join the team in Buffalo.
Laine has six points (two goals, four assists) over a four-game points streak.
Laughton scores twice, leads streaking Philadelphia Flyers over Winnipeg Jets - TSN.ca

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
If we win.. Our pocket holds the key to defense rebuilding
I'm not tradimg risto miller montour dahlin joki.. Gilmour..pilut..

So borgen bryson samuelson and a few others .

Rodriquez.. Wilson sheary frolik. So aging uncles and red headed stepchildren too inconsistent to be counted on in key situations but each has shown are valuable depth..

All forward prospects off limits.

The draft which I'm Schulz.. Seems to be three years away from certainty of contribution after 10 to twelve.. So 2020 1st definitely available as top three protected 2021 and a second rounder either year as well.. So two firsts and blue chip d .And a roster player are available and riuusalainen.. Maybe laaksonen.. Sp. As kickers to get a rental to 3years term of a player that makes us a problem should we sneak in or a destination for a plus FA.. C.. goalie (fleury etc) "Come enjoy the shade or one of the best nhl players in years w two up and coming stars (cozens pekar) and one with great hands and vision if he pulls his head out of his entitled ass..mitts. " and skinner and johansen
I have no idea..prices..help.. But id overpay a little.. To imagine.. Jack Eichel lacing them up for a playoff series and every game before that with a clear reason and only needing 15 wins of 20 and. 16 wins of 28.. Thats nothing like trying to do it all and win the last two seasons..

DOES ANYONE BELIEVE JACK WOULD BE DENIED EVEN SNIFFING THE PLAYOFFS. ( w adequate help) winning at least one round.. I can't see him losing..

Kopitar..Kane chi.. Toews getzlaf ... 20 games of joe Thornton for a 2nd. Eric Staal. Zajac Cirelli( not happening now though ) is haula any good? Anyway two firsts fir term plus prospect and a lame roster player plus..and a goalie to us. Would give years without pressure for our guys to crack lineup. The teams all got cratered so why not trade yr star and save some cap..retaining This year for us .

Mantha..

Brady tkachuck...

Couod be had and both are physical and have good hands to actually create a second line.... How does. Parting w picks and a prospect hurt us when our window to win is now. : these would be 2c and would gradually give way to cozens .

How is any fair trade for both sides that accelerates each vision of a team building and staving off a lynching by fans and keeps our guys from losing their love.. The more old hurt etc.. The more our docs limit and keep their 50 60 pts in tact w rest days. We give up only. Lotto and a prospect that may never see the ice here for years..

Sign depth fa for Roc and .We can all watch EICHEL ST AND ON HIS HEAD WITH HELP HE HAS NEVER HAD..

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Just win. We literally need to win 3 out of every 4 just to have a longshot chance. Just take care of business and get the 2 points.

Skinner , you got the monkey off your back (more like 1000 lb gorilla). We need Skinner to put up at least 10 goals the last 21 games. 15 would be better.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Just win baby. Narrow it to 6 points back with a game in hand still, and gimme more Eichel points. 23 to 100.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
The battle in goals Girg vs 9mil-Jeff continues.
We should have known Jeff would score yesterday after girgs. No way he'd let a calendar day go by with the same amount of goals as zemgus.

Maybe the key is starting Girgs with Eichel, getting him a goal, knowing its essentially 2 goals because Skinner will get one later on

Reactions: Krispy

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Erod sitting again?

He should play. I’d recommend reading Dom L’s article about the need for NHL teams to “load manage” like NBA teams do, even if not to the degree that league does it. The simplest form of that is getting in fresh guys on B2B’s. But Hockey Men believe you have to go with the same lineup after winning a game, so I doubt he’s in today.

Reactions: Chainshot

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Hopes are high after yesterday's game. Winnipeg is worse than the Penguins, so I expect a loss.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I'm not saying we're going to win but I don't see why every gdt has to be filled with "the opposition is good/bad so we'll probably lose"

1) it loses meaning when the same thing is said about both types if teams

2) its hockey. There's parity. Tampa got blown out last night. The bruins got blown out last night. Anything can happen. Everyone will beat good teams and lose to bad teams.

Its like how every time the Sabres get a lead there's 100 responses about them inevitably blowing it. Can we not just talk about what's actually happening in the game?

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks, I'm doing the GDT for the Jets today and we just received the updated lineup from Illegal Curve (Jets coverage), so I thought I'd share it with you. I cheer for the Sabres as well, so I'm hoping for an OT result today with zero injuries either side, so everyone gets something.

Cheers.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Copp-Laine
Appleton-Eakin-Roslovic
Harkins-Shore-Bourque
Morrissey-Poolman
Kulikov-Pionk
Beaulieu-DeMelo
Hellebuyck
Brossoit

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I'm not saying we're going to win but I don't see why every gdt has to be filled with "the opposition is good/bad so we'll probably lose"

2) its hockey. There's parity. Tampa got blown out last night. The bruins got blown out last night. Anything can happen. Everyone will beat good teams and lose to bad teams.

Its like how every time the Sabres get a lead there's 100 responses about them inevitably blowing it. Can we not just talk about what's actually happening in the game?

They are gonna lose

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015

History mainly, also coaching / management always seem to do the opposite of what the advanced data is telling us.

I’m with you though, we are sooo negative here, but we have been hurt and teased so much I understand why. On the bright side....we can only imagine what it feels like to be a leafs fan. ;)

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Hi folks, I'm doing the GDT for the Jets today and we just received the updated lineup from Illegal Curve (Jets coverage), so I thought I'd share it with you. I cheer for the Sabres as well, so I'm hoping for an OT result today with zero injuries either side, so everyone gets something.

Cheers.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Copp-Laine
Appleton-Eakin-Roslovic
Harkins-Shore-Bourque
Morrissey-Poolman
Kulikov-Pionk
Beaulieu-DeMelo
Hellebuyck
Brossoit

Buffalo Sabres

Forwards
Victor Olofsson - Jack Eichel - Sam Reinhart
Jimmy Vesey - Marcus Johansson - Conor Sheary
Jeff Skinner - Curtis Lazar- Michael Frolik
Zemgus Girgensons - Johan Larsson - Kyle Okposo
Defense
Rasmus Dahlin - Colin Miller
Brandon Montour - Rasmus Ristolainen
Jake McCabe - Henri Jokiharju
Starting Goaltender: Jonas Johansson (unconfirmed)
Sabres host the Jets in a Sunday matinee - Die By The Blade

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad