Post-Game Talk: Wings win! Series tied 1-1

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
1. Howard
2. Howard
3. Howard

Howie stole this one for us. We had no business in this game.

Seriously
1. Zzzzzzzzzz
2. Brunner
3. Smith/Franzen

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 31 s
Toews: "There’s a lot of clutching and grabbing, a lot of interference and if they’re going to let that go that’s something we need to know"

Sounds like something Selanne would say.

"You are my sunshine."

Andi_Petrillo_01.jpg

oooo, Andi you feisty thing.

He's been my favorite to watch all year. He's playing so physical, but not taking penalties.

oh, you mean Jon Bearicsson?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Even though Datsyuk did not get any Points, I thought he had a very strong game.

We are going home tied 1-1 even thought Our PP was 0 for 7.
Hopefully Our PP can start clicking.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Z played like a beast. He's shutting down his opposite line and he's putting up them points. If only he still had his old speed. He'd be dominating every damn game.

Kindl is the only defensman that seems to be able to get the puck to the net with any regularity.

Mule needs to shoot every puck he touches. No goalie is going to stop those kinds of shots consistently.

Cleary still bad.

He's smart, safe, makes good decisions. But he very clearly was rusty from the missed games. I thought he was about there with Bert and Sammy in terms of difference making, so I guess if he knocks the rust off quickly I'd prefer him.

Ericsson: needs some damn recognition. He's gone from whipping boy, to imo, savior. He steadied Kronwall in the last part of the season and has been solid throughout the playoffs. His pass today was ridiculous. What hockey sense, what vision. Can't believe this kid was last pick in the draft. He is consistently one of our most dependable defenders. Though I guess when you're looking at Q, Smith, Kindl, it's not hard to do that haha.

He has not always been this good though, he has simply developed, DRW and himself have done a good job there.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Z
Howard
Franzen

I only saw bits of the game, so I didn't participate in the GDT, but we looked good and I look forward to watching the rest later.

Go Wings!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Even though Datsyuk did not get any Points, I thought he had a very strong game.

We are going home tied 1-1 even thought Our PP was 0 for 7.
Hopefully Our PP can start clicking.

Hawks PK is 24 for 24 this playoffs. Would be nice to see us get a game where the PP wins it. But this is going to come down to 5 on 5 play and matchups and it looks like we found the ones we want, on the Hawks to try and vary the look now.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 31 s
Toews: "There’s a lot of clutching and grabbing, a lot of interference and if they’re going to let that go that’s something we need to know"

lirl

Hope you guys can put Chicago down. Especially with Toews whining like this...I hate whiners. Go out there and make a difference, bro, don't put blame on an outside source.

Then again, with Zetterberg shadowing him, that must be frustrating.

crashman

Ericsson: needs some damn recognition. He's gone from whipping boy, to imo, savior. He steadied Kronwall in the last part of the season and has been solid throughout the playoffs. His pass today was ridiculous. What hockey sense, what vision. Can't believe this kid was last pick in the draft. He is consistently one of our most dependable defenders. Though I guess when you're looking at Q, Smith, Kindl, it's not hard to do that haha.

Not sure I'd go as far as "savior", but he's been very solid. Ken Holland proves people wrong again (myself included), Ericsson is well worth his contract. I used to be nervous ever time he was out there, now it's the opposite, he's a go to guy.

Miller needs to stay in the lineup AND be re-signed. I know we have a logjam of bottom 6 players, but they need to make room for him, he's a valuable guy. I'm not basing that opinion on this one game, I've thought that all year. Ditch Tootoo, Sammy, Emmerton or Eaves...I don't care, keep Miller.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I had to check to see how much Hossa played, but he did play 18 mins, I really thought he got hurt since I didn't notice him for the majority of the game.

I think Brunner has been really good this playoffs in his role, I know I was really excited early in the season with him in the top 6, but him learning the NA and Wings gameplan has really showed on that really effective 3rd line.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Not sure I'd go as far as "savior", but he's been very solid. Ken Holland proves people wrong again (myself included), Ericsson is well worth his contract. I used to be nervous ever time he was out there, now it's the opposite, he's a go to guy.

Miller needs to stay in the lineup AND be re-signed. I know we have a logjam of bottom 6 players, but they need to make room for him, he's a valuable guy. I'm not basing that opinion on this one game, I've thought that all year. Ditch Tootoo, Sammy, Emmerton or Eaves...I don't care, keep Miller.

It will be hard to keep Miller if they can't/won't dump someone.. close to 50 contracts.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Few things, I'm pretty euphoric right now so this will be greasy. Datsyuk and Z are the best tandem of centers for the playoffs in the league, no question. Other players will put up more numbers, but they bear down as well as anyone I've ever seen.

Drew Miller made a difference, he just is so smart and safe, I want him in there for the rest of the playoffs.

The Nyquist - Andersson - Brunner line has been such a saving grace this year, no they haven't been great every game, but they almost ALWAYS have chances.

And Mike Babcock, what a calming influence. It's really awesome when he has the entire team focused like this.

I was down at the game this afternoon, and I completely agree about Miller. I thought he was very good, and amazed that he was able to just step in like that.

14-63-24, It was very interesting being able to watch them live. They all were very responsible defensively. 63 got around the ice a lot better than I thought, 14 was very tough on the puck.

What I find funny about Toews complaining of clutching and grabbing, is that during the period the Hawks shot in our direction, Toews was holding Z's stick the entire time in an effort to get separation from Z. 40 was amazing.

Not sure if this showed up on the broadcast, but Sharp made a great play on Smith to set up the odd man rush (resulting in the Hawks goal) He was hiding behind 2, when 2 tried to play the clear from the Hawks. Sharp came in, with a stick check on Smith that allowed the puck to get out of the zone.

As happy as I am about the game, in the rush of setting the kids up with the sitter for the day. I left the house without setting the DVR....I am SO angry!

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Not sure if this showed up on the broadcast, but Sharp made a great play on Smith to set up the odd man rush (resulting in the Hawks goal) He was hiding behind 2, when 2 tried to play the clear from the Hawks. Sharp came in, with a stick check on Smith that allowed the puck to get out of the zone.

yeah I was initially angry that why the heck did Smith get picked off there. watching replay it was a heady play by Sharp.

Hawks definitely like to bum rush our defense line in offensive and neutral zone and use their speed to create stuff.

detgirl13

Feb 8, 2012
Solid win. If they keep playing with their heads and hearts in it anything can happen. The important thing is that the Red Wings believe in themselves!

Side note, does anyone know what happened to Tootoo? Is he injured or just a perennial healthy scratch?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Solid win. If they keep playing with their heads and hearts in it anything can happen. The important thing is that the Red Wings believe in themselves!

Side note, does anyone know what happened to Tootoo? Is he injured or just a perennial healthy scratch?

Seems like perennial health scratch for now..Babcock loves size andmaybe doesn't want to risk that Tootoo takes a stupid penalty or something.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
yeah I was initially angry that why the heck did Smith get picked off there. watching replay it was a heady play by Sharp.

Hawks definitely like to bum rush our defense line in offensive and neutral zone and use their speed to create stuff.

It was definitely a case of a veteran taking a young guy to school...but seeing as 2 answered back for the GWG, and has been taking a lot of arrows of late; I thought I would give the credit to Sharp.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Have they lost a game in the playoffs when Pavel and Hank center their own lines? I really do think that's the winning formula

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Z: I called him out in the Anaheim series but he has been large in 3 out of the last 4 games. He was dominant today.

2. Howie: where the haterz at? :D

3. Smith: Ditto. Game winning goal! :yo:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Have they lost a game in the playoffs when Pavel and Hank center their own lines? I really do think that's the winning formula

I've always banged the drum that Dats and Z should be on separate lines. It's fine on the PP I guess. It always reeks of desperation and weakens the 2nd line, especially when Daniel Cleary is on said 2nd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad