Post-Game Talk: Wings win! Series tied 1-1

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
slouchhatlg.jpg

@ Kronwalled55

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Few things, I'm pretty euphoric right now so this will be greasy. Datsyuk and Z are the best tandem of centers for the playoffs in the league, no question. Other players will put up more numbers, but they bear down as well as anyone I've ever seen.

Drew Miller made a difference, he just is so smart and safe, I want him in there for the rest of the playoffs.

The Nyquist - Andersson - Brunner line has been such a saving grace this year, no they haven't been great every game, but they almost ALWAYS have chances.

And Mike Babcock, what a calming influence. It's really awesome when he has the entire team focused like this.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Z played like a beast. He's shutting down his opposite line and he's putting up them points. If only he still had his old speed. He'd be dominating every damn game.

Kindl is the only defensman that seems to be able to get the puck to the net with any regularity.

Mule needs to shoot every puck he touches. No goalie is going to stop those kinds of shots consistently.

Cleary still bad.

Drew Miller made a difference, he just is so smart and safe, I want him in there for the rest of the playoffs.
He's smart, safe, makes good decisions. But he very clearly was rusty from the missed games. I thought he was about there with Bert and Sammy in terms of difference making, so I guess if he knocks the rust off quickly I'd prefer him.

Ericsson: needs some damn recognition. He's gone from whipping boy, to imo, savior. He steadied Kronwall in the last part of the season and has been solid throughout the playoffs. His pass today was ridiculous. What hockey sense, what vision. Can't believe this kid was last pick in the draft. He is consistently one of our most dependable defenders. Though I guess when you're looking at Q, Smith, Kindl, it's not hard to do that haha.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What a game. Everybody played great. Howard got to take it easy for the first time all playoffs.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
actually gives me a little bit of hope

as much as I still think Chicago wins this series i'm thinking the Wings can maybe this to 6 or 7 games now

of course now that I said that they'll probably suck again on Monday :laugh:

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
I really can't say anybody was "bad" this game. A few players had gaffs here and there, but nothing truly "bad". Just a strong game all around.

Full 60 minute effort, Howie MVPing it up as usual, and our A listers coming out strong. Great to see Franzen and Fil score and to see Smith redeem himself with a pretty good game overall.

There's really no point in giving predictions in this series - it can go either way based on these two games.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
My heart says Detroit but my mind says Chicago should win this series. But we just dealt them their worst loss at home all year.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Z
Datsyuk
Howard

Great game. Gotta keep it up. No let down in Game 3 please.

Cleary was bad.

D was much much much much better today.

Z is a playoff God.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Was calling for Smith's head after that fall then he gets GWG LOL!:nod:

Zetterberg's pass was perfect

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Not much to complain about here ... if we play like that this team can compete with anyone. Much like Getzlaf and Perry guys like Toews and Bolland are pretty red blooded and easy to frustrate when things arent going there way. Thats what I like so much about or stoic easy going group for the most part. I liked todays lineup ... wouldnt mind seeing Tootoo absolutley crumbled Bolland though. Hes brains soft as a ripe peach from concussions - even Smitty or Abs could probably give him Bambi legs in a tilt if they connect with a decent shot.

Solid way to start the long weekend. LGRW!!

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
only going to pick 'the beast' and 'the wall'. everyone on that list played well.

there were couple things we could do better but really not in the mood to be analytical right now.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
* Zetterberg and it wasn't even close. Leading like an alpha for a while now. Awesome game, dangerous every shift and has gotten into Toews' head.
** I went with Brunner. Third line was great and he had their goal, had several good scoring chances, seems to have found his touch again.
*** Kindl. I thought he was our best D-man today; walking that line like Johnny Cash. Looking good!

Great game! Hell of a response and statement game. Excited for Monday and super proud of this team!!

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Ericsson: needs some damn recognition. He's gone from whipping boy, to imo, savior. He steadied Kronwall in the last part of the season and has been solid throughout the playoffs. His pass today was ridiculous. What hockey sense, what vision. Can't believe this kid was last pick in the draft. He is consistently one of our most dependable defenders. Though I guess when you're looking at Q, Smith, Kindl, it's not hard to do that haha.

He's our best overall defenceman.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 31 s
Toews: "There’s a lot of clutching and grabbing, a lot of interference and if they’re going to let that go that’s something we need to know"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad